You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Whidden

Dr. Paul Whidden's Ratings

I just had a breast augmentation completed last Wednesday. I have had a great experience and am really looking to see the finished result after it's settled. I came to dr whidden by referral from a very picky lady that had hers done a few years ago. She has been so very thrilled and vocal about her experience that it helped me to make the decision. After meeting with him, he didn't give me options on size which at first I was unsure of and he pushed me to go a bit larger than what I would have originally thought. He was right though, if I would've went smaller I would have been disappointed and now that they are in, they are very proportioned to my body. I really appreciate his strong knowledge and confidence. He definitely knows what he is doing and I have had a very good experience.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2845772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

8 days Post Full Tummy Tuck and Beast Augmentation. I read through reviews before choosing a surgeon, and I feel I found the best. Dr. Whidden and his staff are Amazing people. They love their job and you can tell. They ALL make you feel very comfortable and at ease. I am very pleased with the job that was done on me. Dr. Whidden takes pride in his work, and I am looking forward to see the end results. So far looking pretty amazing. :-) I would DEFINITELY recommend Dr. Whidden. Everything about this experience was just RIGHT. Thank you to all who have their place in Dr. Whidden's business, I felt most at ease.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2807333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I had my BA done 2 weeks ago with Dr. Whidden. I don't even know where to start. He was amazing. His staff was amazing.. Trista, Brooke, Nurse Vanessa, Dalyce were all extremely helpful every time I spoke with any of them on the phone or in the office. From my consult to my first post-op appointment I felt like family. Dr. Whidden told me not to go any smaller or any bigger than 2 different sizes I had tried on. After my first consult, I was having second thoughts about my size that I had initially chosen (thought I was going TOO big). Trista was awesome at my re-sizing appointment and reassured me that Dr. Whidden would never suggest a size that's too big for me. I have a wider chest then most women (I am 13.5'', average women is about 12-12.5''), which is why I had to go bigger (560 cc) to fill in the width as well as the projection of my new breasts. I am 5'4; 125 lbs. He was right on the money with my sizing. I'm happy I decided to stay with the bigger size :) I had previously had a consult with another well-known surgeon in Lethbridge before seeing Dr. Whidden. The comparison was apples to oranges. Dr. Whidden gave me so much more information about sizing, procedures, recovery etc, not to mention I waited 8 months for a consult with the Lethbridge doctor and then once I finally got there, waited for over an hour in the consultation room in for the doctor to show up.. The doctor in Lethbridge didn't even take my chest width into consideration and had me sized at 375-400 CC. That would have been a huge mistake and I would not have been happy with my result; seeing how my 560's will be perfect once the swelling goes down and they drop... Dr. Whidden is an expert and it shows once he starts talking and answering any questions you have. He always made me feel comfortable, never seemed rushed at all; at the consult or the post-op appointment. Dr. Patel (anesthetist) was great as well.. We were joking around and talking about his career, when he plans on retiring and such while hes trying to relax me for the IV before my surgery. Just a little poke here, and a oxygen mask there, and before I knew it I was awake in recovery. Everything went so great. Dr. Whidden was in to see me shortly after I woke up in my recovery bed. He told me everything went great and asked me how I was doing and feeling. He is such a nice man.... I have no idea how anyone can think he's rude with no bedside manner.. That just blows my mind. My recovery has been amazing. No issues at all.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and his team!! I'm happy I spent the extra money to stay in Calgary!! I was super excited to write this review because I feel THAT passionate about the service and kindness I received while making the biggest decision of my life. No regrets at all :)

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2794031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Had BA recently. Overall it was ok, he seemed rushed at the consult/post op, almost annoyed?? surgery was a assembly line, one after the other. The nurses and reception was helpful, very nice/no problems, very informative. However there was a recovery nurse?? She was rude and she wasn't helpful, I had asked many questions and she sounded as though I was bothering her?? here's my money and get out was my experience; my husband even noticed. The anesthetist was great-answered questions no problems. No offence to Dr whidden I did trust him and if I get a fabulous result I'm ok with there personal demeanour towards me. I may have caught them on a bad day, we all have those...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2790175].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 27, 2015

Great results but lacking on his bedside manner. His support staff make up where he is lacking

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2789334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I recently had breast augmentation In Dec. 2014, and I have to say Dr. Whidden and his staff are absolutely amazing! I had the best possible experience I could have imagined. I love my results, very natural looking and the scars are placed perfectly! This office was really friendly and very accommodating. I had a great experience from start to finish. Dr. Whidden has great bedside manner and impeccable perfection in his work. I really couldn't have asked for more, and will most definitely recommend Dr. Whidden and his office to my family and friends. Thank-you Dr. Whidden and staff!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2773354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I had Breast Augmentation with Dr. Whidden in November 2014. I could not be more pleased with the results. I came from our of town and his staff were overly accommodating. He has excellent bedside manner and went out of his way to make me feel comfortable before the surgery as I was quite nervous. His staff, Dr Patel (who by the way is an amazing, knowledgeable man) Trista and Vanessa are top notch. They answered all of my questions, all of my calls, all of my emails and made certain every detail was handled the day of my surgery. My husband drove me to the appointment and he could not speak highly enough about the professionalism at the clinic. I highly recommend DR. Whidden and his team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I had a full tummy tuck including muscle repair. I also had a very large, bumpy, thick and ugly scar on my upper abdomen from a previous surgery. I am three weeks post-op and I cannot express how happy I am with the service that I received. My initial consultation was a positive and thorough experience, every team member treated me with great care as well as patience. I suffered some minor anxiety prior to surgery, Trista was very helpful, I had trouble getting my compression stockings on time, she offered to go and pick them up for me on her lunch break! Dallas answered any questions that I had.

The day of surgery was a breeze. The entire team was phenomenal, I felt completely comfortable with the nurses, the anesthesiologist was very informative and I felt very safe and relaxed. Dr. Whidden, the same. When I woke up in recovery, I was taken care of to perfection by the nurse and visited by Dr. Whidden where I was given details of how the procedure went. I just cannot complain one bit.

Post surgery has been very much the same. My recovery has been much easier than expected, I was functioning and taking care of myself and two kids within days. I called Dr. Whidden's office on three occasions post-op and my questions were answered by Vanessa immediately! I had a concern on a Sunday afternoon, I paged Dr. Whidden and he called me back almost immediately and answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease, he even provided me with a cell phone number to use should my concern change and I have the need to contact him.

As for my results, AMAZING. Like anyone who has even considered this surgery, I scoured page after page of before and after pictures, my results are impeccable. Just shy of three weeks post-op and my incision has healed so well that it looks like a mere scratch, where my old scar was is a beautifully redone incision, one that is so much nicer and I have no question that it will heal to perfection!

I would recommend this team to anyone and would do this surgery again in a heartbeat!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2756430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Whidden and his staff. From the very first phone call, to my 1 year follow up today for breast augmentation, they have been incredible. So kind, helpful, patient, understanding. I was nervous and slightly unsure if a BA was the right thing for me, Dr. Whidden answered any and every question I had with great expertise and understanding. He did not push (he actually told me that I didn't need a BA), he was so patient with me and all of my questions and concerns. He gave me his honest opinion on size and type of implant, and I could not be happier with the results!!!!

I would recommend Dr. Whidden and his team to anyone and everyone, and I would do it over again in a heart beat. As the rating below mentioned, I would ignore the extreme negative ratings, there is absolutely no way that after my experience with each and every team member, that I can possibly believe that those are true. If you are considering a breast augmentation, Dr. Paul Whidden is your man!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2750503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I had a breast augmentation done by Dr Whidden a week ago. I have never been so satisfied with any other investment - apart from my education/career path. Even though I previously had a consultation with another surgeon, I was always certain I would want Dr Whidden to perform this procedure.

In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a more skillful, knowledgeable and meticulous plastic surgeon in Calgary who strives for perfection at all times. I am still very early post-op, but I can already tell that my results are going to be perfect and very natural, exactly what I wanted. Dr Whidden's approach is professional and to the point, and I appreciated his honesty regarding my anatomical limitations. If you come into consultation with your mind made up on the specifics of the surgery and what you want, do yourself a favor and trust Dr Whidden with any recommendation he makes. He really is an artist at what he does.

As for the staff at MTPS, they are exceptional. Vanessa, Trista, Dalyce and Brooke are incredibly friendly, hard working and professional ladies who are truly dedicated to their patients. This is a very emotional surgery, and you will likely have a lot of questions, concerns and fears. They will patiently address all of them, and will do everything to make your experience as positive as possible.

Lastly, I would completely ignore some of the extremely ignorant and ridiculous reviews below. It's disconcerting to see that some people are completely devoid of common sense and the concept of "realistic expectations" associated with a medical procedure. I would highly recommend Dr Whidden and his clinic to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 11 [[ userState['ratings'][2737841].votes_count ]]