Rate Dr. Paul Whidden

Dr. Paul Whidden's Ratings

I've seen Dr. Whidden several times in the space of 10+ years, so this review is long overdue. My interactions with him are slightly complicated by a very stupid joke I made years ago (still don't know if he believes that it was a joke, but I digress...), but overall I'd have to give him an excellent rating. He's professional even if you unintentionally made things awkward, though his bedside manner seems to vary considerably depending on the day. When I first met him he was incredibly nice, and nowadays it varies between something close to that, to somewhat frosty and ever so slightly condescending. That may be my fault, I don’t know. He doesn't suffer fools gladly, so watch your step! Even if you're smart, if you misunderstand something he said, he may be a bit mean about it. I understand why he's like that though! I had three surgeries by him, one was a BA and the rest were corrective surgeries. He definitely knows his stuff, loves what he does, and he does it well. No complaints about any of my results as of yet, but my BA is still pretty fresh and I have a long ways to go. If it matters, he was really nice to me right before and after my BA, so no worries there. He means well and does his job well, and that’s all that matters.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601290].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Patient's update
I feel like I need to add this - he was very generous with the pricing for a filler that I had recently. So he's actually really nice. Your perception goes a long way towards how you feel about the way he talks, though. Not everyone will have the same experience I did.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Where to begin...If you are reading this because you are looking for a surgeon to do some work on you than you have come to the right place! I had my abdominoplasty done one year ago. I was extremely nervous- but was sick and tired of seeing the "HANGY SKIN" from having kids. Don't get me wrong- stretch marks don't bother me- but when you workout like crazy and the flap of skin doesn't go away, you have a choice and mine was to get rid of it! I did my homework , and did a few consultations, and decided on Dr. Whidden. I made the absolute best choice. From the cleanliness of their office (SPOTLESS and very welcoming) to the amazing staff - I can't even begin to say enough about them all. When I arrived for my surgery- I was extremely nervous...but was instantly relaxed by the way they treated me. I had about 6 weeks recovery and I couldn't be happier. It is the best money I spent on myself and I am extremely happy with my results. If you are reading this- trust me...from one who was in your position of researching doctors- you will not be disappointed here. You are treated like gold. Dr. Whidden is professional, and knowledgeable. Ask to see his pictures of before and afters and you will see for yourself. For me- this was the best choice, and if in the future I ever decide to have anything else done- I know where I am going!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2587597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Incredible! Book a consultation, and you'll see for yourself. Awesome awesome staff all around. Squeaky clean office from top to bottom, and amazing results. Dr. Whidden is professional and personal at the same time, and the surgical Center is beautiful. You are definitely treated like a queen here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

After consulting 3 surgeons, I chose to go with Dr. Whiddon. He was very thorough and was able to clearly explain what he felt would work best to achieve the results I was looking for. I'm over 40 and nursed 3 children. I couldn't be happier now with the results. The whole process was made easier by a very dedicated and friendly staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2581339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Last week I went through with a breast augmentation. I found Dr. Whidden extremely professional and knowledgeable. He took his time explaining the procedure. Also, he presented himself very thoughtful in his size recommendation for my body type. His staff was absolutely incredibly friendly and made me feel comfortable during the consultation straight through to the actual surgery day. I highly recommend him if you're researching surgeons.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2539155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr. Whidden is AMAZING, my first breast augmentation went great and made me as comfortable as he could, the staff is great Dalyce is most helpful and I love the front desk ladies as well. I am going for my second surgery next week with Dr. Whidden and I know I won't be disappointed. His knowledge is outstanding and even though I ask about 100 questions he is very polite, professional and helpful, I would strongly recommend him to anybody looking for plastic surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

I have 4 kids! needless to say I needed breast help! Dr.Whidden was so amazing hi staff is rhw beat and comforting! just what you want when you are going for a surgery like this! they have been there for any questions and more importantly I am more than 100% happy with results! great office! I relied on word of mouth for referral and these reviews also helped me make my doctor cchoice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Whidden is an amazing surgeon that exudes knowledge and perfection in his work. After my breast augmentation(that turned out amazing), I was provided with top notch care and routine on time follow ups after surgery. My recovery time was minimal and I was back in action before I ever could of imagined. The facility was immaculate and the Mcleod Trail Surgical Center is a state of the art facility. Thank you Dr.Whidden for a job well done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I had a BA surgery and am absolutely thrilled with the results. Dr. Whidden and his staff made everything so comfortable and reassuring for a worry wart like me. I had so many questions and they were all respectfully answered and validated during the consultation process and pre/post surgery visits. What I found amazing was all the measurements that were taken to ensure the right size of implant. I am extremely happy with what I chose and every day I am so thankful that I went ahead and did the surgery. At age 40 and after breastfeeding 2 kids, I had nothing left - now I am even better than before - with natural looking and perfectly sized breasts for my body. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

All I had to do was ask around who the best plastic surgeon was in Calgary, and everyone I spoke to said Dr. Paul Whidden. I was very nervous about getting BA and I was nervous about my consultation. When I first walked into the office I was greeted with smiles and a pile of information to read over which made me happy. I must of asked Dr. Paul Whidden a thousand questions and he answered them with kindness and care. He understood the importance of what I really wanted. The best part was that he is 100% HONEST! If you are looking for a plastic surgeon - honesty is what you want! That being said, I went ahead and did my BA surgery. From the minute I stepped into the office until the moment I stepped out, everyone was wonderful and I was taken care of very well. Professional staff and the most brilliant Doctor took care of me. My results - PERFECTION! I love my new look, they feel and look beautiful. It's more than what I expected. I am a very happy patient and Dr. P Whidden is the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443421].votes_count ]]