Rate Dr. Leon Kavaler

Dr. Leon Kavaler's Ratings

My son accompanied me to a consult and is hoping his out of state insurance allows him to engage with this very good doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr. Kavaler is hands down the absolute best! I have seen him for over 10 years now and have nothing but positive things to say. He is thorough, compassionate, personable and extremely competent. I have trusted him with my life (so has my mother and many of my friends) and I will continue to do so. His wife Jill is also an incredible Anesthesiologist. The best team hands down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Kavaler for the last fifteen years. He is extremely professional, knowledgeable, caring and thorough. My daughter has seen him for years a well and I have always felt secure in referring him to all of my friends, who also think he's the best. I would trust him, and have, with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I cannot say enough of this man. He is the most professional/capable/genuinely good-natured doctor I have ever had. I am 28 years old and had an illness that could not be pin pointed....causing pain and agony for over a month. It was in my stomach, but x-rays/CAT scans/ultrasounds showed nothing. I was referred to Dr. Kavaler by a friend who had gone through a similar condition. Dr. Kavaler took my appointment, despite being booked, as an emergency. He gave me both a colonoscopy AND a endoscopy, and found an ulcer. 2 days later my torture was cured. Doctor Kavaler was easy to deal with, direct, and courteous. I would recommend this doctor to anyone! While other doctors told me I was crazy, this doctor cured me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2510090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Based on my experience, I found this physician to be condescending and very dismissive regarding my presenting gastro problem . He also did not return calls as promised resulting in my needing to call back numerous times. This necessitated my seeking the services of another Gastroenterologist who correctly diagnosed the basis for my lingering gastro issue and assisted me in understanding the symptoms and relieving the symptoms entirely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495229].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I went to Dr. Kavaler because I did not have success with other doctors. His staff was nice, appointments were timely, and he actually listened to how I was feeling. He scheduled my tests and referred me to a specialist and a surgeon- all in 1 appointment! (Like a real doctor should) He told me he would follow up. After surgery I was in poor condition. Dr. Kavaler stopped by just to say hi before he went home. He took matters seriously, stayed to do an emergency procedure, called all the right people, and fixed me. I am more than okay now and feel amazing. He saved my life. He is truly the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I went to Dr. Kavaler for my very first colonoscopy and he was great! His front desk was very welcoming and friendly, as was the rest of the staff. The procedure was quick and pain-free... and the good report afterwards was very comforting as well. I would strongly recommend Dr. Kavaler for any gastro work that needs to be done. He is very knowledgeable and happens to have a great sense of humor, too, which helped put me at ease before my procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr Kavaler is amazing. Making an appointment was easy. I checked in at the front dest and was seen immediately (and right on time). His staff at the front desk and the nurse who drew my blood were both super kind and friendly. Dr Kavaler is one of a kind. They don't make doctors like him any more. He really cares about his patients. It's clearly evident how he loves what he does. He truly wants to make you feel better. He stayed late to add me on the schedule for an endoscopy. He checked on me over the weekend (multiple times)...and it was a holiday weekend. He promptly returns all my messages. He's passionate about gastroenterology and is committed to helping get you better. He's AMAZING.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Kavaler is a good doctor but he really needs new front desk staff. They all have rude attitudes and very unprofessional, they were not helpful at all. And act as if you are bothering them. They answer the phone rudely and does not ask who you are beforeputting you on hold. Dr. Kavaler is very knowledgeable but I will never go back to him because dealing with the front desk is just not worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr. Leon Kavaler is an outstanding physician. I have known him for many years and have recommended him highly to many friends. He has a caring way and is extremely thorough. You leave his office with a sense of ease because you can be confident in what he has told you. His wife, Dr. Jill Kavaler, is an equally accomplished physician. They are an amazing team and have a great practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151040].votes_count ]]