Rate Dr. Leon Kavaler

Dr. Leon Kavaler's Ratings

Dr. Leon Kavaler is a formidable diagnostician. He is an excellent physician. His compassion goes far beyond the norm. Altogether he is an amazing doctor and human being which is a rarity to have both today. As an anxious patient, he offered for me to come in at any time without an appointment after my procedure. When I did take him up on it a few times, he always took a moment to reassure, put my mind at ease right away and help me in the healing process. He has my eternal gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2660139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Kavaler by my family doctor many years ago and have done already a couple of procedures needed to maintain my health. I have had endoscopy and colonoscopy
in the past and now getting ready for the follow up. I will not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kavaler to all patients seeking caring and experienced specialist. Together with his wife Jill, anesthesiologist, they make patient comfortable before and after procedure. Doctor Kavaler always finds time to explain the results in plain, understandable way which is rare these days. Thank you, Dr.Kavaler!

Kavaler to anybody, who seeks professional advise and caring doctor. He and his wife Jill (assisting with anesthesia) are the most wonderful people, who make you feel safe and in good hands. After each procedure Dr. Kavaler was by my bed, making sure that I was comfortable, not having any post-procedure reaction and explaining results.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2649847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

About 20 years ago, a co-worker referred me to Dr. Kavaler. Since then neither my husband nor I have had any serious illnesses. Just about a year ago, my husband experienced heartburn, and went to Dr. Kavaler, who scheduled an endoscopy. Preceding the procedure, Dr. K took his blood pressure, and it was sky high. At that point Dr. Kavaler insisted he go immediately to the emergency room or to the cardiologist he recommended. After Dr. K prevailed upon the cardiologist, an appointment was scheduled within an hour. If not for Dr. Kavaler's thoroughness and concern, my husband was on his way to having a stroke, as he later learned. Dr. Kavaler definitely saved my husband's life. He's thorough, attentive, caring,professional and always has time to answer any questions we may have. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Both my husband and I are patients of Dr. Kavaler, and we consider ourselves incredibly lucky to be in his care. Many of our friends now see him as well, and we all love him. He's a great diagnostician -- my husband after seeing other doctors and suffering years of unresolved & spiraling out of control gastrointestinal problems went to Dr. Kavaler, got a different and the correct diagnosis from him and had all issues cleared up under Dr. Kavaler's care; my husband considers that Dr. Kavaler saved his life. If you are looking for a doctor who is not only smart as a whip, but a caring doctor who really takes his patients' best interests to heart, Dr. Kavaler is your guy. The state of medicine today is such that it is almost impossible to find this kind of care anywhere. As we get older, knowing that we are in such good hands has made it much easier for us. I recommend him without reservation to anyone who needs a top notch gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2624741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Lovely man, easy to talk to. Very professional, sometimes works in tandem with his amazing wife, who is also very wonderful. Both are down to earth, easy to communicate with, are excellent at what they do and do not make you feel as if you are below them. They are sincere and do a great job with a follow-up, making sure you are satisfied. Since I am on social security, and that's all I have, Dr Kavaler was kind enough to make a reduction in my services. He's a man with a conscience, and a blessing to his trade. Thank you Drs Kavaler & Kavaler.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2615351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Leon Kavaler for over ten years, during which time I have received expert care for routine matters as well as for a number of emergency situations. Dr. Kavaler has guided me successfully through some serious crises and I trust him with my life. As a diagnostician, he leaves no problem unexplored and has consistently referred me to colleagues who are also excellent. He is simply the best.
Over the years, Doctor Kavaler has always been there for me with his comprehensive medical knowledge and moral support. During my recent sudden hospitalization, which required emergency surgery, Dr. Kavaler stopped by my room the night before to reassure me. He takes that extra personal step that shows how important his patients are to him.
Over and over, Dr. Kavaler has proven that he is the kind of doctor all patients wish they had. The same can be said for his partner, anesthesiologist Dr. Jill Kavaler. During every procedure I have had with them, they have made me feel safe and confident with their careful and extremely caring manner and the clear way they share their medical knowledge. I believe that those who trust their care to both of these wonderful people should consider themselves very fortunate. It’s rare to find such an extraordinary pair of doctors.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2611707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

Dr Kavaler was highly recommended by a co-worker 10 years ago and both my husband and I have been his patients since . Dr Kavaler is very skilled knowledgeable, thorough, professional and personable. He listens patiently and attentively to ones problems and shows empathy. My husband and I have great confidence in him and have recommended him to several friends and family members.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I feel extremely fortunate to know Dr. Kavaler. He has been my gastroenterologist for many years, and I have complete confidence in him. I totally agree with reviewers who rate him and his team "truly 5 stars,""the absolute best." A top-notch diagnostician, he not only has treated my GI issues but also noticed a cardiovascular problem, recommended a very fine cardiologist and helped to save my life. As many others have noted, Dr. Kavaler is a remarkable physician and a remarkable human being. I recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2594467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Kavaler for 10 years and as a senior citizen I could not find a more qualified gastroenterologist in the city of New York. His associate Dr. Jill Kavaler is also an outstanding physician. Between the two of them and their staff they all make what is a tough procedure the best possible experience towards good health. They are truly 5 stars.
- Louis Brevetti

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2587139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

My father and I are both Dr. Kavaler's patients. Dr. Leon Kavaler is an excellent gastroenterologist whose intervention was crucial to helping stop the internal bleeding that my father experienced during his recent cancer treatment,. Neither blood transfusions nor injections to boost cell production over four months helped. We were then referred to Dr Kavaler. He is extremely responsive even beyond formal visits in answering questions and providing prompt and effective advice to both my father and myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554767].votes_count ]]