Rate Dr. Peter Huang

Dr. Peter Huang's Ratings

I'm surprised by the commentary regarding Dr. Huang. I had to have a cornea transplant followed by cataract surgery and then laser surgery to correct the scarring. Dr. Huang may be a bit 'to the point', but he is very punctual, his knowledge is outstanding and his follow up care has been great. I had my cornea transplant 6 years ago and still go for checkups with him every 6 months. Comments about laser surgery should be taken with a grain of salt since all laser surgery eventually falters (and who the heck gets laser surgery when they're 18 and not finished developing?!?)

Yes, his office is a bit older and not fancy with expensive fish tanks and furniture...but really, have you ever asked yourself how those fancy offices are paid for? If you want a doctor that will fawn all over you while serving you cappucinos on a leather sofa, then don't go to Dr. Huang. If you want a knowledgeable, experienced doctor that will fix what's wrong with you...this is your man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr Huang performed Lasik eye surgery on me back in June 2009 when I was 16 years old. The surgery did wonders for my vision at the time and everything was great, however now at 21 I find that my vision is worse than it was prior to the surgery. I was nearsighted before the surgery and had a -1.00 prescription but now I'm quite sure I could be a -2.00 or -2.50. I did do annual follow ups after the surgery but he never mentioned anything. His former assistant Bonnie was quite rude as well. Overall, mixed feelings about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Huang always seemed annoyed when asked questions. Not forthcoming regarding corneal surgery. Really had to drag information out of him. Results of surgery very poor and he didn't seem too concerned. Almost no patient care, especially after care. Would NEVER recommend this doctor. There are many far better eye surgeons to see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

I'll better Dr. Peter Huang gets sued regularly. He likes to perform surgeries but is not particularly interested in his patients vision. Does not answer questions, does not give honest results when the surgery goes poorly. Does not act promptly to help his patients restore their vision. Was blind for nearly 5 years due to his surgery then went to another doctor who gave a special contact lens and walked out of his office with 20/20 vision, at least in the eye that Dr. Huangs surgery didn't completely destroy. Avoid this doctor at all costs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

rude. unclean premise. dismissal with questions. arrogant. poor quality older equipment. money oriented.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Bad. professional Dr.; I got reduced my vision on both eyes after he performed the test. I should not go looking for his help. Now I reduced my vision in 1 year much more than normal. I do Not recommend to see this Peter Huang, you may regret it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Very bad doctor who only cares about making money on your eyes rather then help patients. My left eye was damaged since lase surgery and he refused to admit his error and poor service. The operation went on only 2 minutes and he failed to check and clear up the residuals in my eye completely. Very rude and no patience. Do not go there if you want to have your eyes recovered you will regret for your whole like!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2012

my 18 years son have his eye laser operation with dr peter hwang ,, ,, now after 2 year of batteling of vision lose ,, we get advise by another doctor that my son will lose his sight gradualy complitly within short period ,, i hired a lawer already and we in procces of big court day ,,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

My entire family and I have been patients of Dr. Huang for 15 years. He is an amazing doctor and have always above an beyond the call of duty. he had always been available even on weekends and evening and actually gives his cell phone number to his patients. He is caring and an excellent surgeon. We are so impressed with his caring and professionalism. Would trust my eye to him anytime.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152878].votes_count ]]