You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Huang

Dr. Peter Huang's Ratings

You've obviously not had any concerns with your eyes if you re saying Dr Peter Huang is anything but inadequate!! Thank goodness he was able to advise you had dry eyes and gave you over the counter drops....was that even worth Alberta Health Care paying for the visit?? Really. Everybody knows Calgary is dry and this affects your skin and eyes.

I have seen him for several years, it was fine when there was a check up needed but once something of action was required he failed miserably. Once the problems started his solution was NOTHING but the ability to skirt the issue till I had no option after a year of nothing but to see another specialist. No procedure is perfect but the fact that he cant even take ownership of what hes done and provide valid solutions and options to correct the problems leaves me to wonder why he is still able to practice?!?!?!

Please I beg of you, if you need any kind of surgery please go see someone else. I wish someone would have posted something or I would have researched him more prior to letting him touch my eyes. Now Im left with horrible pain and poor sight in one eye. Im hoping that the new specialists Im going to see (And I will be getting more than one opinion for certain) will be able to help me see even a bit better.

Yes he is short in how he speaks, he is short when you ask several question- I mean its your eyes shouldnt you have the right to ask questions prior to a procedure?!?!?! Pleae dot be fooled by his comments of Ive hone thousands of these surgeries...quantity is certainly not quality!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I went to see Dr. Huang and he was not as dismissive as other people have mentioned below. He was thorough although didn't take up unnecessary time. His diagnosis was on point and didn't waste my money. My eyes were foggy and I've never experienced this before, but he let me know that I had severe dry eyes due to the weather here in Calgary. He prescribed only over the counter eye drops and my eyes have gotten better over time and my vision is 20/20 now.

As for the cleanliness issue, I'm not sure if it's cleanliness or if it was not new that people are pointing to below. The premise is dated but everytime I did testing on machinery they disinfected it; which is a direct contradiction to the uncleanliness mentioned below. Not sure if they had different treatment.

As for the person who mentions doing Lasik at 16 years old and had issue afterwards, perhaps you should educate yourself on the surgery and not just rely on a doctor. Your body doesn't ever stop changing really, so why would your vision stay stagnant/unchanged due to one surgery? I'm speaking out fairness.

Overall, I think Dr. Huang delivers the appropriate care to his patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2749487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Seems like there were 4 people booked for the same time slot. Waited for over an hour after my appointment time to get in.
Dr Huang, could not care less about my reason for coming to see him. He was rude, absent, disinterested, poor attitude towards you and your issue as a patient. I did not trust Dr. Huang with my eyes! Will be definitely cancelling the surgery that was booked for me and going to a different doctor.
Overall experience felt very much like an assembly line, disappointed and frustrated.
Will absolutely NOT recommend this doctor. You deserve a better treatment from a doctor especially when it comes to your eyes!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2749304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Poor after operation care, bad eye operation service, rude. unclean premise. dismissal with questions. arrogant. poor quality older equipment. money oriented. AVOID him to save your eyes.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2744636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Unfortunately I cannot post this without rating all so I went with the lowest score, however, I cannot make an honest rating on his helpfulness or knowedge as I never got in to see him. My apt was at such a time and I arrived at such a time - Dr. Huang however did not even show up show up until 1/2 after my apt.....and I was 4th in the waitroom. I have no idea how long the poor people ahead of me waited. What is even worse, when the doctor did finally arrive, he was not even ready to start see patients - he still had to get his files, his prescription pad, etc. After already waiting a 1/2 hour and knowing I was 4th in line - I left. I do not want a doctor who deems his time more important than mine. I will not be back

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2735758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Had an appointment today at 9:15 Got into see him right away but he get a phone call and left the exam room. I waited 20 minutes and he still didn't return. I had another appointment at 10:30 so I left. Nor very professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I'm surprised by the commentary regarding Dr. Huang. I had to have a cornea transplant followed by cataract surgery and then laser surgery to correct the scarring. Dr. Huang may be a bit 'to the point', but he is very punctual, his knowledge is outstanding and his follow up care has been great. I had my cornea transplant 6 years ago and still go for checkups with him every 6 months. Comments about laser surgery should be taken with a grain of salt since all laser surgery eventually falters (and who the heck gets laser surgery when they're 18 and not finished developing?!?)

Yes, his office is a bit older and not fancy with expensive fish tanks and furniture...but really, have you ever asked yourself how those fancy offices are paid for? If you want a doctor that will fawn all over you while serving you cappucinos on a leather sofa, then don't go to Dr. Huang. If you want a knowledgeable, experienced doctor that will fix what's wrong with you...this is your man.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2523042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr Huang performed Lasik eye surgery on me back in June 2009 when I was 16 years old. The surgery did wonders for my vision at the time and everything was great, however now at 21 I find that my vision is worse than it was prior to the surgery. I was nearsighted before the surgery and had a -1.00 prescription but now I'm quite sure I could be a -2.00 or -2.50. I did do annual follow ups after the surgery but he never mentioned anything. His former assistant Bonnie was quite rude as well. Overall, mixed feelings about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1152868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Huang always seemed annoyed when asked questions. Not forthcoming regarding corneal surgery. Really had to drag information out of him. Results of surgery very poor and he didn't seem too concerned. Almost no patient care, especially after care. Would NEVER recommend this doctor. There are many far better eye surgeons to see.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1152867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

I'll better Dr. Peter Huang gets sued regularly. He likes to perform surgeries but is not particularly interested in his patients vision. Does not answer questions, does not give honest results when the surgery goes poorly. Does not act promptly to help his patients restore their vision. Was blind for nearly 5 years due to his surgery then went to another doctor who gave a special contact lens and walked out of his office with 20/20 vision, at least in the eye that Dr. Huangs surgery didn't completely destroy. Avoid this doctor at all costs!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1152880].votes_count ]]