Dr. Shahram S. Gholami

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Shahram S. Gholami has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Shahram" to "Shahram S."
RID: 2563854
18/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gholami saved my life. He was efficient, thorough and took the time to explain things to my wife and me. He performed surgery in a timely manner and his help, encouragement and follow-up appointments made this experience so much easier to deal with.
RID: 2507449
20/12/12 5 5 5 5 I had my laser surgery for a kidney stone removal with Dr. Gholami. Dr. Gholami Rocks!!!  Respond
RID: 2205625
05/06/12 5 5 5 5 I have nothing but the utmost confidence in Dr Gholami. I had DaVinci Prostatectomy in Sep 09 and have had absolutely no after affects which was always so common in a prostatectomy. My life is just as it was before surgery and my checkups have all been excellent. I highly recommend Dr Gholami!
RID: 2178286
31/05/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent , caring doctor who really spent time with me and truly cared about my issues.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 1513035
15/08/11 5 5 5 5 About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer following a biopsy. Dr. Gholami was very reassuring, and sympathetic, in answering all my questions and discussing all of the options. We agreed the best plan of attack would be surgery and complete removal. As nervous as I was, Dr. Gholami and his team walked me through every step, explaining what to expect, and continued to answer all my questions and concerns. The surgery went exactly as they had described and recovery was equally uneventful. Now, 18 months later, with each follow-up visit, the office staff remembers me and sincerely wants to know how I’m doing. They greet me as family and Dr. Gholami continues to spend the time during the visit to be sure my questions are fully answered. I have complete confidence in Dr. Gholami, his team and office staff, and would (and have) recommend him to anyone facing this difficult decision.
Respond

10/08/11 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1460824
09/06/11 5 5 5 5 Really competent and on top of the issues and latest techniques. Had da Vinci surgery in 2008. Just had latest checkup and PSA is "0". can't ask for more. Very highly recommend.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1456736
03/06/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Gholami is the best. Very approachable, seems to genuinely care about his patients.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1443718
18/05/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent Surgeon. Always answers emails. Referred to me by an exacting & demanding OBGYN. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. The months following my prostate surgery, Dr. Gholami always answered my email questions which were many. His staff such as Lynne was very helpful over the phone with regards to my questions the first month after my surgery.
RID: 1417678
16/04/11 2 3 1 2 I was referred to Gholami and will NOT be returning. He stared at his computer on all visits more than explain in detail what was wrong with me. I was lucky if I got him to say 10 words to me before he got up and said "See you next time." I am just grateful the surgery went well because between the lack of information that was given to me on his part and the constant billing errors by their accounting staff, I will NOT recommend him to family and friends.
RID: 1401020
29/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gholami is the very best. He is very direct, to the point, no nonsense. I had a da Vinci prostatectomy last year when I was age 67. I'm a cyclist and was able to resume riding 3 weeks after the surgery. I rode 331 miles during the 7th week. It's almost a year later, and everything is great with my health. Dr. Gholami inspires complete confidence. He is a brilliant surgeon. His staff is very gracious and helpful as well. I would put my life in his hands unhesitatingly.
RID: 1381308
07/03/11 5 4 5 5 He is brilliant and he tells you the truth. If he say it wont hurt it wont, if he says youll be healed in 3 weeks you will. My dad had prostate cancer in the 60s, brutal surgery, my brother in 2000, he had better surgery but he still has complications. Mine was the best, speedy recovery, no real pain. Even the needle biopsy was painless Cancer is a scarry thing, this guy mad it all easier
RID: 1316676
17/12/10 5 4 5 5 Amazing doctor. Great surgeon. Best in the area. I wish he were a little more punctual, though.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user