Dr. Kristine Chapman

Dr. Kristine Chapman

Rate Dr. Kristine Chapman

Dr. Kristine Chapman's Ratings

I waited a long time for my appointment. Her assistant was great, knowledgeable and responsible. The doctor herself has an apathetic attitude. It seems like she is going through the motions to get me out of her office as soon as possible. She did give me an explanation on my condition. However, her diagnosis is completely different from my doctor's. She did not recommend any treatment / exercise / medication for my newly diagnosed condition. Part of her "closing comments" was given while she is walking out of the exam room -- with her facing the door. Her last words were, "and you can see your way out". The last word was echoing in my head -- because she was already out the hall when she spoke it. I haven't felt like such an "object" for a long time. I am so glad I will never have to see her again

Submitted June 22, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Chapman for an EMG. The test was done by a student under her supervision. I found everyone that I dealt with that day extremely helpful,compassionate, friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Chapman examined me herself afterwards and explained everything to me in detail. She was friendly, compassionate and very professional and put my mind at ease as to what my problems were and how to solve them. She wrote a detailed report for my family physician which he received very quickly. She has also referred me to a specialist for bilateral carpal tunnel release. I thank Dr. Chapman for caring so much about me and for informing me as to what options I have for recovery with no nonsense. I would highly recommend Dr. Chapman to anyone. I'm sure she is in high demand.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

This Dr is great! Very helpful and considerate. Would defiantly recommend her to family, friends, or anyone.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2013 | flag

Very caring. Listens well. Valuable input to my condition. Would definitely recommend to family members or friends.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

Not interested in the patient. Dismissive, rude, arrogant. Waited a long time to see her - excited to finally find out what is wrong. She did not even try to figure out. She was in and out in 5 minutes. What a complete waste of time.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2012 | flag

I had an MRI on my neck and brain over 10 weeks ago and Dr Chapman has still not sent a letter to my family physicain. My GP is waiting for Dr Chapman's interpretation of the MRI and treatment recommendations for me. There has been no report at all. I am so upset.

Submitted July 5, 2012 | flag

I always find Dr. Chapman to be knowledgable and helpful. She is always compassionate and has good advice. I do find our visits can e a little rushed, but I believe that is because she has so many patients to see.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr Chapman diagnosed my Transverse Myelitis as a visiting specialist to the Yukon, and got me on a medivac to Vancouver overnight. Seen her four times now over the last 15 months during my "recovery" and she consistently shows her compassion and attention to detail. I saw A LOT of doctors and specialists with this rare disease, and she was by far one of the best.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2011 | flag

Went in for an EMG to diagnose 2.5 years of pain that has progressively gotten worse. There was a student doctor with her that was training. She was so busy "learning" she didn't even listen or want to hear what I had to say. They rushed through the tests while explaining things to one another which they thought were over my head. They were testing for a condition I had already been tested for and had come up negative. Feel like they missed some things they really should have tested and I'll likely have to go back AGAIN (been twice so far). Also when they couldn't come up with a diagnosis she just said at least now I know nothing serious is wrong... The woman clearly hasn't had to deal with constant chronic pain...

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

Very good physician. Took time to understand my symptoms. Dr. Chapman requested funding for further tests not routinely available. Involved in teaching at UBC.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag