Rate Dr. Eric R. George

Dr. Eric R. George's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. George for 2 years now I went to him originally for a problem in my left thumb which turned out to be basal joint arthritis he has given me injections to help the issue as he explained I'm am too young to have the surgery & doesn't want to perform the surgery until necessary. He is very knowledgable & kind. He has performed my carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand (as I am a Hairstylist) so it was necessary to get rid of the numbness & pain as the injections did not help me. He made sure to have a nerve test done on both hands before finally saying to do the surgery. He did a very wonderful job a very small incision at the bottom base of my palm. The pain was pretty bad after but now it is over a year later & my hand is in great shape no problem with it & I am very pleased with his performance in every area that he has treated on my hands. I have also never had to wait longer than an hour for overall office visit unlike other doctors I've been to. Great Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

I would not let any other doctor touch me!I have had surgery on both thumbs and 4 trigger finger surgeries...all with complete success. Going back shortly with 2 more trigger finger issues..I absolutely adore this doctor and trust him with my life!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

The surgeries Dr. George performed were very successful. I highly recommend him. He is very smart, a skilled surgeon and a personality to the max (and good looks). The punctuality leaves a lot to be desired, but you know not to plan anything else on the day of your appointment. I woudl not think of seeing another doctor for my hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2010

The greatest smile & best personality of any doctor I've been to in my lifetime. The best nursing staff especially that of "Miss Claudette". Always caring, most concerned & very informative. The surgeries he performed on both my arms was most effective, and relieved the numbness in my fingers. If all doctors and nurses could be as such, I would make an appointment everyday! I would recommend Dr. George and his staff to anyone and all!! "MOST PROFESSIONAL" "MOST EXCELLANT

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr George is wonderful Skilled surgically ,gorgeous and very very smart

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

I really was impressed with Dr. George's knowledge and bedside manner. His punctually left something to be desired. He was late for my procedure(more than an hour). The following week, I went to the window after waiting more than 45 minutes past my appointment time and the receptionist, who knew the doctor was running about an hour and 45 minutes late, was rude. I feel that I should have been informed of this delay upon sign in, as I had other obligations later that evening. The doctor was very nice but I think the front office staff could use some additional training on how to treat patients as individuals and not cattle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. George was supposed to put a prosthetic joint in my right middle finger. In the OR his staff put a drape over my face which caused me claustrophobia. I told him I could not tolerate this and he told me I was going to have a drape over my face of cancel. He canceled the surgery. I later talked with others who had bad experiences with him and I am glad he did not do my surgery. After 10 years I still have not had the surgery and my hand is fair, movement is limited in that joint, pain is under control. In any case it is better than what would have been the result of surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2009

Although messages I left were not returned, when I finally got through and received an appointment, I couldn't have been more pleased. We waited for about two hours to see the doctor, due to an emergency and he just fit us in around other appointments. After a bad experience with another orthpedic surgeon, I was not sure what to expect. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. Dr. George took time to explain my son's injury, care and what to expect in the weeks to come. He included my son in his talk and did not condesend to any of us. We left his office very happy about out treatment and with no questions as to the injury or how to take care of our son. His care of patients is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2008

Dr. George performed hand surgery on me. I can highly recommend him. His office and staff were very efficient and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

After numerous failed surgeries on my arm, I now have permanent nerve damage in my dominant hand. I have seen a neurologist who is highly regarded in his field. He performed a complete exam and a thorough nerve conduction study of my hand and arm. I am unable to work in my profession any more. My hand is weak and the muscles continue to slowly atrophy. (The muscles are getting smaller and causing my hand to "shrink".) Now I am on medication three times a day and have to see my pain doctor to get injections in order to control the pain. I no longer have full use of my hand and two fingers have very little feeling in them. I have called Dr. George's office numerous times and left messages with his nurse only to have my phone calls ignored. I even faxed a copy of my nerve conduction studies to the office and called to let them know I was sending it---still no response! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!Maybe Dr. George should take another look at his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166748].votes_count ]]