Dr. John A. Clough

Rate Dr. John A. Clough

Dr. John A. Clough's Ratings

What a Quack!!! nothing but bad experience.. I would never do this again to my body.. the surgery has left me in a mess!!

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

Dr Clough was very clear on what he was going to do and very knowledgeable about my condition. I haven't had any problems since 2007.

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

Horrible experience! Admitted to hospital in excoriating pain on Monday and informed I would have surgery that morning. He insisted my surgery was a “simple procedure and should be done as day surgery” I was bumped off the schedule for two days and did not have surgery until Wednesday afternoon. I did not receive DVT prevention even after requesting it because he did not feel it was necessary. My post op pain was not addressed and I was sent home since that was their routine. For months every appointment I had was with a RN or NP since he was too bust to keep an appointment. I had a DVT requiring surgery to keep my leg, nearly lost my life and my back was a mess, in constant pain!!!! Interventional radiology made suggestions for follow up, which he disregarded. I would be dead if I did not find another doctor. I have since had the same surgery done by another surgeon. I am now pain free and getting my life back on track. NO thanks to Dr Clough.

Submitted March 29, 2012 | flag

Great surgeon. Went to Dr. Cleough after previous surgeon did not fix the problem. Would always recommend Dr. Cleough. Warning: Don't go to Centerpoint in Independence, MO.

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

Dr Clough performed a lumbalaminectomy on me 3 years ago, I was heavily druged & couldnt walk, & was told Id have to be on pain meds forever.Im now a body builder,in the best shape of my life,& I dont even have to take a tylenol,I have no complaints,at all, he knows Neuro"

Submitted May 31, 2011 | flag

Dr. Clough and Dr. Bamber both should be inducted to Sainthood! These are the most caring, knowledgeable men in Neuro in the Kansas City Area! They take all the time that you need, talk to you on "your level", and Rachel their nurse goes above and beyond! Don't even look any further, these are the docs you need!

Submitted July 7, 2009 | flag

Very nice and knowledgeable. The best doctor I have used. He is not usually on time but that I beleive is becasue he is so well liked he is very busy.

Submitted April 17, 2008 | flag

All of these comments are right on. My father was a patient of his, and thought so much him. My father died of a condition that was not curable when I was 21, and Dr. Clough cried. I remember him being so sweet and supportive to my family. It is amazing to see a neurosurgeon that is so intelligent and yet doesn't lose compassion for his patients, which I'm sure many of them he cannot help. Yet he gives you hope just like posted above. I called him last week about a concern of my own, and he returned my call the day before Easter to make sure I am okay. He is truly a blessing to his practice. If anyone is aware of national awards for neurosurgery I would write a letter of recommendation!

Submitted March 22, 2008 | flag

I would like to second that. Dr Clough is a very compassionate caring doctor. He never rushes you. He takes the time to listen and talk to you. He is worth the wait. He is a highly skilled surgeon. He also lifts you up in spirit with his optimism of hope. Absolutley not the typical surgeon. Not the typical surgeon in any way. If you are ever so blessed as to meet him, you will remember him forever.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2007 | flag

I had been left by the sidelines with out an doctors who would help me. I finally received medicaid, and then the only surgeon I could find blew me off, and acted like I was crazy. I met Dr. Clough, and I knew immediately he was different. He took is time and explained what was going on with my spine. He explained to me my symptoms were normal. He talked to me about chronic pain and depression. He ended up doing my surgery and has given me hope back in my life. He never once treated me like I was a number. He has never been anything but compassionate and caring. Every single person at the hospital just raved about what a wonderful surgeon he was, and how well he treated the staff as well. I know I didn't have a life threatening illness, but he changed my life, and gave me back hope.I couldn't thank him enough, and would recommend him to everyone. If only all doctors were like him, this world would be a better place.

Submitted April 15, 2007 | flag