Dr. Evan S. Cohen

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Evan S. Cohen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

18/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 2835994
04/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Cohen has gone above and beyond in the care of my husband; both through stomach cancer and the recovery period. He is a very understanding man who listens to patients AND their care givers. I would trust Dr Cohen with my life and thoroughly recommend him to anyone. Mrs H Mahle
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 2460687
29/10/12 2 1 2 3 I used Dr. Cohen for a tumor removal of the esophagus. He did not go over anything about the tumor, it's size or anything else after the removal. After the surgery, because I smoked I was discharged from the hospital on the second day, when I was suppose to be there 4 to 7 days. I ended back up at ER on 4th day in AFib with pnuemonia and pluerisy. I was given lorcet liquid which never touched the pain I was enduring. My visits at the office were a long wait. On one occasion the pain was so intense while in the waiting room, I couldn't get control of it so I told the nurse I needed to see the Dr. now, they were already about an hour late on appt. She said he will be with you in a minute. To do the surgery they collapsed my lung so I asked if they could check my oxygen, was told no because if the checked it and it was low they would have to give me oxygen and they didn't have the permits to carry oxygen--a heart lung Dr. doesn't have the permit to carry oxygen?!!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1863796
07/04/12 5 5 5 5 Saw Dr. Cohen about tracheal stenosis/resection. He took time to explain things and was very forward. I drove over 2 hours to see him and I will continue to be his patient.  Respond
RID: 1570381
25/10/11 5 5 5 5 A good doctor. Always to the point and very helpful.  Respond
RID: 803448
01/03/09 5 5 5 5 did my husbands about eight years ago was wonderful ,answered ALLof our questions excellent bed side manners and staff .would recommend to everyone
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 397455
04/09/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cohen did my father's open heart surgery and had wonderful bedside manner with both he and my mother. As a nurse, I have never heard a negative comment about Dr. Cohen and his care.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 279784
15/04/07 3 1 1 Did not answer questions and did not seem to have a patient care plan beyond the current day.  Respond