Rate Dr. David McManus

Dr. David McManus's Ratings

Amazing man, been seeing him for 7 years. Very patient and understanding. The secretary is awful though.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. McManus changed my life. He understood completely what I was asking and respected my hesitation in trying any anti-depressant or anti-anxiatey drug. Instead he provided a prescription, with my approval, that has had a significant beneficial impact on my day to day life. At times you may have to wait to see your appointment, which is only a testament to how much he cares and tries to give each patient as much time as possible. If you don't like to wait, book earlier in the day. The receptionist is a brute but honestly that's whats needed in an office. Most of the people that have posted negative reviews are not taking responsibility for their own health and progress and are instead relying on the Dr. to "fix them". Personal opinion.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014 | flag

Completely UNhelpful. Didn't listen, prescribed medication that I told him had caused bad side effects & didn't work (he prescribed the same thing, only under an expensive brand name - so I not only paid for a drug I'd already tried before, but had to pay a ridiculous amount for it!). After seeing him & sharing my story, I learned he seriously misdiagnosed & mistreated an acquaintance - wish I'd known before I wasted over almost 2 hours in the waiting room with his horrible receptionist. As far as comments about how such a "good" doctor could have a such bad office staff - he probably keeps her so that after dealing with her, patients are deluded into thinking he is vaguely compentent.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2014 | flag

Have been seeing Dr. M for almost 10 yrs. he seems quite knowledgable and is a kind person. He is, however, difficult to get in touch with by phone and not at all by email, but I suppose this is understandable given his profession. If a patient needs to see him more than once a month (or even once a week or more) it is virtually impossible to do. He apparently does not have the time, unless a patient is admitted to hospital in acute condition or suicide attempt. That gets the office's attention. The receptionist is cold, brusk and at times downright rude. This is in SHARP contrast to the compassionate doctors who work in that office. She should be fired and re-assigned to, perhaps, an accounting office (though I wouldn't wish that on anybody.) Sorry, but it's the truth. Good doctors, bad office vibe.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2013 | flag

This Doctor is truly knowledgeable & caring. He talks to you like a human and really acts like a therapist and not a prescription filler, like most psychiatrists. He has helped me tremendously to learn skills to cope. He is usually late, but once you get past the Guard Dog in reception it is worth a visit. She is very rude, and very unprofessional, she never acknowledges you when you walk in, she sits with her back to you and if you want to ask a question she reluctantly opens the window to talk through it with attitude as if you're interrupting her day. How a good doctor like this can have such a rude receptionist is beyond me, she has added to my stress with what she says. How can she work with fragile people? She also made me angry because I have spent several years being on time only to wait up to an hour for the dr, but when I was 1/2hr late ONCE she told me I could not see him, and cuz she doesn't greet,I sat for 20 mins b4 she said that. 3 mnths to get appt & I paid parking!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. McManus is great. He definately knows his stuff and takes thee time to listen, encourage and support. He also makes sure that I am comfortable with the treatment plan and takes my opinion and concerns seeriously. I have not been happy with the length of waittime for appointments and it is frustrating that if I go a year without needing to see him I have to get a new referral from my Family Doctor and wait several months to get in to see him again.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2013 | flag

Excellent care for his patients and helps you to learn so you can mange your own conditions. Only pschiatrist I have ever felt comfortable with!

Submitted May 7, 2013 | flag

Fantastic doctor. One of a kind. Always gives me his full involvement with helpful comments but also makes me think. Office is busy but he's great at what he does. Definitely will be following up in the new year

Submitted Dec. 31, 2012 | flag

Tried Dr. McManus for several sessions. This is what I found: Very long wait past appt. time to see him. When I did see him the session was 15-20min. Barely enough time to review what progress was made since the last session. He really didn't seem to have his heart into it with his comments and suggestions very generic and uncompassionate. I didn't know if he was having a bad week but I have it 3 sessions to see if there was improvement. I don't know if he's lost interest in his profession or is only interested in the monetary value. It's unfortunate as I had a referral from a well liked professional doctor.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

He is by far the worst Doctor I have ever seen and there have been a few. How can anyone think he is great when he sees 16 patients a day,no breaks for lunch or coffee. I honestly believe he is only in it for the money. There are some Dr's that are worth waiting an hour and a half for but he sure is not one of them. I am glad to read how some patients are so negative towards the receptionist that works there. Both of them I have seen leave a lt to be desired.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2012 | flag