Rate Dr. David McManus

Dr. David McManus's Ratings

An excellent 7 years with he good Dr. He is kind and caring, always takes the time to listen to me. Couldn't find a better shrink anywhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

Dr. McManus is such an excellent psychiatrist. I have been seeing him for about 5 years now and I feel like every time we speak I learn a little more about myself. He is very patient and understanding and not judgmental, I feel like I can speak to him about anything.
The only difficult things are that it is hard to get appointments with him and he books up very quickly. His receptionist is also a tough nut to crack, but after a while she softens up.
I would recommend him to anyone with a mental illness in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Amazing man, been seeing him for 7 years. Very patient and understanding. The secretary is awful though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Dr. McManus changed my life. He understood completely what I was asking and respected my hesitation in trying any anti-depressant or anti-anxiatey drug. Instead he provided a prescription, with my approval, that has had a significant beneficial impact on my day to day life.

At times you may have to wait to see your appointment, which is only a testament to how much he cares and tries to give each patient as much time as possible. If you don't like to wait, book earlier in the day.

The receptionist is a brute but honestly that's whats needed in an office.

Most of the people that have posted negative reviews are not taking responsibility for their own health and progress and are instead relying on the Dr. to "fix them". Personal opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Completely UNhelpful. Didn't listen, prescribed medication that I told him had caused bad side effects & didn't work (he prescribed the same thing, only under an expensive brand name - so I not only paid for a drug I'd already tried before, but had to pay a ridiculous amount for it!). After seeing him & sharing my story, I learned he seriously misdiagnosed & mistreated an acquaintance - wish I'd known before I wasted over almost 2 hours in the waiting room with his horrible receptionist. As far as comments about how such a "good" doctor could have a such bad office staff - he probably keeps her so that after dealing with her, patients are deluded into thinking he is vaguely compentent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2014

Have been seeing Dr. M for almost 10 yrs. he seems quite knowledgable and is a kind person. He is, however, difficult to get in touch with by phone and not at all by email, but I suppose this is understandable given his profession. If a patient needs to see him more than once a month (or even once a week or more) it is virtually impossible to do. He apparently does not have the time, unless a patient is admitted to hospital in acute condition or suicide attempt. That gets the office's attention. The receptionist is cold, brusk and at times downright rude. This is in SHARP contrast to the compassionate doctors who work in that office. She should be fired and re-assigned to, perhaps, an accounting office (though I wouldn't wish that on anybody.) Sorry, but it's the truth. Good doctors, bad office vibe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2013

This Doctor is truly knowledgeable & caring. He talks to you like a human and really acts like a therapist and not a prescription filler, like most psychiatrists. He has helped me tremendously to learn skills to cope. He is usually late, but once you get past the Guard Dog in reception it is worth a visit. She is very rude, and very unprofessional, she never acknowledges you when you walk in, she sits with her back to you and if you want to ask a question she reluctantly opens the window to talk through it with attitude as if you're interrupting her day. How a good doctor like this can have such a rude receptionist is beyond me, she has added to my stress with what she says. How can she work with fragile people? She also made me angry because I have spent several years being on time only to wait up to an hour for the dr, but when I was 1/2hr late ONCE she told me I could not see him, and cuz she doesn't greet,I sat for 20 mins b4 she said that. 3 mnths to get appt & I paid parking!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

Dr. McManus is great. He definately knows his stuff and takes thee time to listen, encourage and support. He also makes sure that I am comfortable with the treatment plan and takes my opinion and concerns seeriously. I have not been happy with the length of waittime for appointments and it is frustrating that if I go a year without needing to see him I have to get a new referral from my Family Doctor and wait several months to get in to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Excellent care for his patients and helps you to learn so you can mange your own conditions. Only pschiatrist I have ever felt comfortable with!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Fantastic doctor. One of a kind. Always gives me his full involvement with helpful comments but also makes me think. Office is busy but he's great at what he does. Definitely will be following up in the new year

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170370].votes_count ]]