Rate Dr. Dao Nguyen

Dr. Dao Nguyen's Ratings

Horrible receptionist!!! Horrible system with scheduling appointments. And the doctor was just rude!! I had an issue with my health care card(moved back to bc so had to reapply for my health number) and once I checked in for my appointment the RUDE receptionist made me aware of the issue. And suggested to re book(I've waited since august for this appointment) or pay for the consultation. At first I thought she was being nice to allow me to still see the doctor. Boy was i ever wrong, the doctor (whom probably was told that she's basically speaking to me for "free") instead of giving me some hope and instructive feedback regarding my surgery (I have hyperhidrosis, and wanted the ets surgery) she told me she wouldn't do the surgery on me because of the fact of my darker skin tone..my first reaction was wtf, and I don't want to sound like those ppl who use the race card. But I have relatives that have had the same surgery, same skin tone of course. And no issue with them.never again!-_-

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

I had breast surgery 1 year ago. I called in 1 month after with severe pain. The receptionist (RUDE) told me she could book me in 3 months for a post op check? are you kidding me? I had to go to the hospital. Never again have I herd from her for any post op care. No post op instructions and a HORRIBLE SCAR is left!! DONT GO HERE!!No BED SIDE MANOR all very Rude staff!

Submitted Oct. 21, 2013 | flag

Submitted Oct. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr can't grasp what it means for a patient booking from out-of-town to have sufficient time to organize. I was given a 2 week notice of surgery date. When I was able to get online to try and arrange travel from Northern BC I found I could not make it for the day required. Called office to cancel and rebook for later and they said go find another surgeon. Now I will have to be referred to another, meet them, wait for another surgery date...Bottom line, don't go with her unless you live in lower mainland

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

After having a mastectomy I went to this doctor for breast reconstruction. I had tram flap surgery with. Immediately after surgery there were issues with the breast. A section did not take and later had to be removed. There was a post surgical infection, had to be treated with IV antibiotics daily for about 10 days. A few months later I developed a bulge which I am now loathe to have repaired. A case of if it could go wrong it did. Would not go back there.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2013 | flag

ALWAYS LATE!!! Be prepared to sit in her office an hour and more without even apologizes. Will not come again.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

This doctor has the worst bed side manner..you might as well talk to a brick wall there is no compassion in her at all.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Nguyen preformed my breast reduction surgery and was absolutely wonderful, as was her staff. I was nearly cancelled at the 11th hour but Dr. Nguyen did everything in her power to get me in the operating room. The surgery went great and my breast (a DD 36) are now exactly what I wanted which was a C and fabulous! Would highly reccommed her to anyone!

Submitted May 7, 2013 | flag

Dr Nguyen did my breast reconstruction after a prophylactic masectomy. I was extremely nervous about the surgery and what it would look like after. She was absolutely wonderful in every way. Not only was I happy with the result, but her manner (professional but warm and witty) was so reassuring for me. She's a very talented doctor. I highly recommend her.

Submitted March 28, 2013 | flag

I had my breast reduction with Dr. Nguyen, I am not happy, worst part was post op care. no clear instructions, you left with minimal instructions and have done many mistakes without knowing how to take care of myself properly. eventually had to resort to online help ( which by the way is wonderful). I didnt like the attitude either. hope my breast feels and looks good eventually.staff was very nice though.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag