Rate Dr. David Collins

Dr. David Collins's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Collins for a number of years. I have found him to be compassionate, respectful, intelligent and caring. Like others, I have spent time in the waiting room however once in the exam room I would have his full attention, knowledge and patience. I like that he always tells me what he is thinking even if it is something I might not want to hear at the time. He is very intelligent and keeps abreast of all the latest developments in arthritis treatment. Even though his office is in Vancouver, he regularly travels to more rural areas for appointments saving his patients the trouble of a longer commute. I feel so grateful to have Dr. Collins as one of my team of caregivers!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

Dr.Collins was my second opinion, and is now my regular Rheumatologist, I found him compassionate and intelligent, yes the wait is sometimes long, but worth the wait. I wouldn't expect him to be on perfect time as each patient visit is varying in length and I found he does not rush. Sorry to hear a few feel that way, but maybe he was behind that day with patients that unexpectably took longer. I heard a few people in the waiting area complaining about the time, I am sure he already knew, and probably was trying to catch up without rushing. That can't be easy to please all the patients! Also, My husband came in a visit with me one time and was feeling frustrated already with my health and got somewhat excited wanting Dr. Collins to have all the answers, Dr. Collins remained calm and professional! I continue to see him, I find him easy to talk to and knowledgable, and I believe he does care about his patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2012

very helpful and receptionist is very friendly, Dr Collins seems to csare very much about his patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2012

Dr Collins has been my doctor for nine years he is very caring warm person he never rushes and explains the reason for things and his whole staff are always helpful i feel bad when i read bad reports about him put your self in his shoes he is human and is only doing the best he can to help us feel better im greatful to have such a awesome doctor one time he was on the way to the airport was concerned and phoned me to see if i was ok what more can you ask for once again he is a awesome doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I have been seen 3 times and have found the experience to terrible. He was rushed and did not take the time to explain what my problem was - which I still do not know. Finally after tests were ordered and came back, I still do not know and seeing as I didn't get an explanation, I can only assume he does not either. I feel like I am rushed in and out with no time for listening and discussion. I have seen his partner many years ago and found him to be excellent. Unfortunately, I assumed that Dr Collins would be the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Very informative as to what my problem was.Explained the procedure he was doing which was very re-assuring.Very,very pleasant.A good experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr Collins unique knowledge and skills in Real Time Ultrasound Imaging were integral to my diagnosis. He explained the findings during the examination and carefully presented and discussed the options for subsequent management. He provided a honest and informed opinion but respected my privilage to make the final decision.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

He is a nice person, but has too many appointments made in a day to keep up with. It is impossible to seem him in 3 to 4 months.Sometimes he takes time to see me then again he pushes me out the door. I travel a long distance to see him, I deserve a thorough exam.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr Collins and his nurse are both lovely. Bonnie takes the time to listen and do a thorough history and then discusses with Dr Collins. I have found them both to be knowledgeable and caring. I would recommend Dr Collins to anyone looking for a rheumatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

I have found Dr Collins to be attentive,professional kind and knowledgeable. He diagnosed me quickly and initiated appropriate treatment for RA promptly.He also created a base set of x-rays for review of my disease progression in the future. He gives 100% to each patient and has a pleasant bedside manner.He is loathe to prescribe pain killers and prefers to remove the cause of the pain. A good thing in my experience.He also gives public lectures on rheumy issues which may be helpful for people to attend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][368543].votes_count ]]