Dr. Ivan Wong

Dr. Ivan Wong's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

excellent doc

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

Waited months to see him even though I was booked by another specialist for chronic hip pain. He had no idea who I was and couldn't find the letter from the other doctor. He was condescending and dismissive. Ordered an MRI - saw him for less than 5 minutes. I was serving my country when he was in diapers, I didn't deserve that arrogant treatment.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag

Does not like to be questioned about his “treatment” ideas. Traveled several hours and had to stay 2 nights before the appointment, due to a snow storm. He was distracted when he was taking the injury history and repeated the same question to us a few times during the appointment, as if he had not been listening. After a physical assessment of the injured knee, which lasted less than one minute, he announced that the meniscus was bruised. When reminded that the injury happened two years ago, he did not reply. His assessment plan was to put a local anesthetic (freezing) into the knee and wait to see if she “still felt pain”, when the presenting knee symptom was not pain but instability. When questioned about why this was required, when she did not have pain, he was not able to tell us and at one point spoke to us in a very condescending manner.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

I suffered with hip pain for 8 years and bounced around to 5 different specialists who all said the next one will know what to do. I was even told to go home and suffer till i was old enough for a hip replacement, i am 27. I was finally sent to Dr Wong and was diagnosed in 5 minutes and operated on for bone spurs and torn labrum within 3 weeks. This man is gods gift to the east coast, if youve ever thought you were stuck with pain as i did please try and get an appointment to see him. I have had one hip done already and was walking weeks later and was pain free after only 2 days after surgery. I was sent home with a live movie of the operation which to me showed his confidence. I can not wait to get operated on a second time and that alone says how well you are taken care of. I also dont get where people say his staff is bad because whenever i call they could not be more helpful.

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Wong is a good doctor but his assistant doesn't know how to do her job. I live in halifax. She sent a referral for an MRI to new glasow and kentville but failed to ask me if I could travel. I have no way to travel so she sent a referral to halifax MRI department on Nov. 8 2012 and back dated it to July 17, 2012 which was the day I saw Dr. Wong. she did this as a way to cover herself. I hope Dr. Wong gets a new assistant and quick.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2012 | flag

Had hip surgery 16 Aug 12. Dr. Wong has me walking again painfree. Thanks.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2012 | flag

Fantastic experience! I would highly recommend him and his team to friends and family!

Submitted Oct. 29, 2012 | flag

DR Wong is a god sent to Halifax N,S..What a nice young man!!!I have been in pain and going to specialists for 2 1/2 years to find out whats wrong with my hip and he looks at my xrays and finds out in seconds.WOW!..Finally answers!! I had my hip surgery on Oct 5/12 .Still recouperating but feeling great. Thanks so much Dr Wong!!!

Submitted Oct. 25, 2012 | flag

excellent in his surgery and good in telling you what has and will take place.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2012 | flag