Rate Dr. John Cecil Pecknold

Dr. John Cecil Pecknold's Ratings

I began seeing Dr. Pecknold when I turned 18 while transferring from the youth sector to the adult sector at the hospital I was being followed by. I was already skeptical from the beginning, as I had a the dynamic duo of doctors while being treated as an adolescent but Dr. Pecknold has now increased my skepticism when meeting new psychiatrists. Right off the bat, I could we didn't connect, I was 18 and he was a much older man... Kinda hard to relate to someone when he's old enough to be your grandfather. Every session would start the same, he'd ask me how I was and me, not feeling comfortable enough to express my mental state and emotions would always respond the same way. That, I must admit was my fault, however that was my least frustrating issue. Being very literal, every time I left his office after my appointment was finished, he would forget who I was. The next week, I would go to see him again and he would have to skim through my file to read my diagnosis and my name... I'm serious, he would take my file off his desk to read the name if he forgot who I was mid-session. Not only that, he would ask me every time if I liked women (I do, by the way) --but none of the reasons I was there could have been resolved by my sexual orientation. If I was straight, homosexual, purple or a fire-breathing dragon, I'd still be depressed and I was. So I felt like who I was, as a person, was being overlooked and I felt like I was wasting my time trying to get help from someone who wasn't helping. I still decided to seek treatment with him but I was starting to see that my intuition was right. When I decided to ask for another therapist, he seemed greatly offended and made me feel bad, which only solidified why I didn't want to see him. He didn't refer me to anyone and had to get a referral through my doctor. Overall, he wasn't helpful, he was constantly late, I sometimes sat in the waiting room for upwards of 35 minutes and made me feel like my sexual orientation was the root of my problems, when it truly wasn't. I must admit though, he was very knowledgeable in finding the right combination of medications, which surprisingly, I still follow although while seeing a different, more supportive therapist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Very Bad Experience !! After Treating my wife for several months. She attempted to commit suicide this Sunday. Those lowsy PILLZ... After This tragic event happening, she randomly happened to have a monthly visit booked with Dr.Pecknold at Douglas. So I joined her so we could try and pinpoint the problem (pills,if it would be up to me).Well Guess What folks !? He didn't allow me in the office while my wife was demanding my presence... This is BRAINWASHING tactics. After they were done. I learned he didn't want to see her anymore and gave her 1 year pillz IN HANDS .. Let me remind you she attempted suicide 2 days before... think about it !! Top of the top. I then confronted him asking how he could take such IRRESPONSIBLE decisions... his best answer, and believe it or not . MIDDLE FINGER UP ! I don't call that a qualified Physician... Thanks for reading. My wife is now starting a weaning very soon ! DONE WITH THESE PILLS and CONSTANT brainwashing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

excellent psychiatrist patient and helped me so much i am eternally grateful a true angel who treated me in my darkest days.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][375152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I wouldn't say that he is a bad psychiatrist as psychiatrists tend to be pretty iffy in my experience. I was just uncomfortable with him and unable to relate to him. I did not find him intuitive and I found near the end when I left the appointment I often felt worse than when I went it. I basically just kept going to get my meds prescribed, he wasn't helpful as a mentor or in a therapeutic sense at all. We just didn't click and I found he misunderstood me. Frequently late. The staff were generally very nice, good therapists, helpful secretaries.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I have seen Doctor Pecnold years ago. I can with certainty tell you he is there to help you. He is an extremely patient man and he is willing to listen to you and give you good advice.On top of it all, you will really get a compassionate mentor/psychiatrist. Thank you Mr. Pecnold.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

I have had very bad experiences with psychiatrists in the past and have been dealing with mental health issues since childhood. I am very uncomfortable with doctors and Dr. Pecknold is a very kind, caring, and helpful doctor. He is reasonable and is knowledgeable about pharmacology and is always realistic and honest. Not stuck up whatsoever, he is always looking for patient input and sincerely wants to improve the situations of his patients. Great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Dr Pecknold stuck with me through some very dark years and made available many other resources for me. He listens and recruits you as a partner in your treatment. Very knowledgeable about psychopharmcology. A straight shooter who is compassionate, but will not hesitate to give you a kick in the ass when needed. THANK YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr.Pecknold is the very best psychiatrist for anxiety and depression. The evaluation I went through before being accepted to see him was very thorough and in fact the only place that found out what was needed to help me after 10 years of not knowing what was wrong. He is very busy and in demand for a reason. I greatly aprreciated his honesty, kindness and professional knowledge of mediecine. He is the only doctor who chose the correct prescriptions to stop my suffering. I hate seeing doctors because it reminds you something is wrong. He made me accept and know that it is ok to take mediecine for menatal anguish just like it is ok to take it for diabetes or any other affliction. I will never forget him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

DR PECKNOLD EST UN TRÈS BON MÉDECIN IL A BEAUCOUP DE CONNAISSANCE IL ESSAI DE T'AIDER DU MIEUX QU'IL PEUT ET IL PREND LE TEMPS DE RÉPONDRE À TOUTES TES QUESTIONS JE LE RECOMMANDE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2011

To Dr. Pecknold: You were a valuable member of my mental health team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375145].votes_count ]]