Dr. John Cecil Pecknold

Rate Dr. John Cecil Pecknold

Dr. John Cecil Pecknold's Ratings

Very Bad Experience !! After Treating my wife for several months. She attempted to commit suicide this Sunday. Those lowsy PILLZ... After This tragic event happening, she randomly happened to have a monthly visit booked with Dr.Pecknold at Douglas. So I joined her so we could try and pinpoint the problem (pills,if it would be up to me).Well Guess What folks !? He didn't allow me in the office while my wife was demanding my presence... This is BRAINWASHING tactics. After they were done. I learned he didn't want to see her anymore and gave her 1 year pillz IN HANDS .. Let me remind you she attempted suicide 2 days before... think about it !! Top of the top. I then confronted him asking how he could take such IRRESPONSIBLE decisions... his best answer, and believe it or not . MIDDLE FINGER UP ! I don't call that a qualified Physician... Thanks for reading. My wife is now starting a weaning very soon ! DONE WITH THESE PILLS and CONSTANT brainwashing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

excellent psychiatrist patient and helped me so much i am eternally grateful a true angel who treated me in my darkest days.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][375152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I wouldn't say that he is a bad psychiatrist as psychiatrists tend to be pretty iffy in my experience. I was just uncomfortable with him and unable to relate to him. I did not find him intuitive and I found near the end when I left the appointment I often felt worse than when I went it. I basically just kept going to get my meds prescribed, he wasn't helpful as a mentor or in a therapeutic sense at all. We just didn't click and I found he misunderstood me. Frequently late. The staff were generally very nice, good therapists, helpful secretaries.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I have seen Doctor Pecnold years ago. I can with certainty tell you he is there to help you. He is an extremely patient man and he is willing to listen to you and give you good advice.On top of it all, you will really get a compassionate mentor/psychiatrist. Thank you Mr. Pecnold.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

I have had very bad experiences with psychiatrists in the past and have been dealing with mental health issues since childhood. I am very uncomfortable with doctors and Dr. Pecknold is a very kind, caring, and helpful doctor. He is reasonable and is knowledgeable about pharmacology and is always realistic and honest. Not stuck up whatsoever, he is always looking for patient input and sincerely wants to improve the situations of his patients. Great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Dr Pecknold stuck with me through some very dark years and made available many other resources for me. He listens and recruits you as a partner in your treatment. Very knowledgeable about psychopharmcology. A straight shooter who is compassionate, but will not hesitate to give you a kick in the ass when needed. THANK YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr.Pecknold is the very best psychiatrist for anxiety and depression. The evaluation I went through before being accepted to see him was very thorough and in fact the only place that found out what was needed to help me after 10 years of not knowing what was wrong. He is very busy and in demand for a reason. I greatly aprreciated his honesty, kindness and professional knowledge of mediecine. He is the only doctor who chose the correct prescriptions to stop my suffering. I hate seeing doctors because it reminds you something is wrong. He made me accept and know that it is ok to take mediecine for menatal anguish just like it is ok to take it for diabetes or any other affliction. I will never forget him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

DR PECKNOLD EST UN TRÈS BON MÉDECIN IL A BEAUCOUP DE CONNAISSANCE IL ESSAI DE T'AIDER DU MIEUX QU'IL PEUT ET IL PREND LE TEMPS DE RÉPONDRE À TOUTES TES QUESTIONS JE LE RECOMMANDE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2011

To Dr. Pecknold: You were a valuable member of my mental health team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2011

Very kind man who knows a lot. He's helped me immensely over the past few years and continues to be there. He genuinely cares about his patients and I can count on his insight and advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][375144].votes_count ]]