Rate Dr. W. Jerome Alonso

Dr. W. Jerome Alonso's Ratings

Sorry to see him go now that he is at the same place but specializing in sleep disorders. I had him as my family practitioner so this is the way some things go. As an MD I am quite sure he will be fantastic in his specialization

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Alonso diagnosed and treated me for severe sleep apnea. I am impressed by his ability to listen as much by his medical acumen. I would classify him as better than average and I don't toss out kudos without good cause. His sleep tech Mia is also very competent and without her patient assistance I am not sure I could ever have adapted to a CPAP machine. I'm glad of it as it has had a profound change in my sleep and overall health. Having said that, I am often frustrated by the booking staff who act also for other doctors in the clinic. The telephone messaging system is a pain. I had one appointment mis-booked, and I had with me the original appointment confirmation, not that it made any difference to the staff. Last visit things had improved somewhat, so one can hope it continues. But for treatment of sleep disorders, Dr. Alsonso nd Mia are first rate.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2013 | flag

My ratings apply to having seen Doctor Alonso at the Canadian Sleep Consultants office related to secondary sleep issues associated with an underlying medical condition. My experience with him was disappointing. Please note: Based on this website, Doctor Alonso appears to have moved from clinic to clinic several times -- previously working as a GP. Therefore, earlier ratings may not be applicable to his effectiveness as a sleep consultant. With respect to sleep medicine, there may be better choices in Calgary. Choose carefully.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

Very quick, knowledgable. Can diagnose accurately. Very thorough

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

Fantastic Doctor. Took the time to listen. Was not hesitant in referring me to a specialist when necessary. He is enthusiastic, kind and excellent diagnostician.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

Submitted March 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Alonso is our family doctor out of Scenic Acres and is cheerful, friendly and knowledgeable. He is also very quick and efficient with referrals for conditions out of his medical domain. I particularly like that he talks in a straightforward manner and doesn't condescend to patients when explaining medical ailments and terminologies. He listens and takes your input before laying out options. The downside is that appointments are never punctual but that can be attributed to patient overload, staff support and the fact that the doctor himself always takes time with every patient. You can gripe about having to wait extra but when it's your turn, you do appreciate that he doesn't rush at all. And to be fair, we've never been to a medical clinic in Canada where we've ever been seen on time, anyway. Would highly recommend this doctor.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2011 | flag

Doctor is very nice, and he is the only doctor who try to listen and recommend to specialist if needed

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

Very good doctor. Will give you the facts and reasons so you understand the whole picture. Highly recommend him.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2010 | flag

After having dirty bedding & a filthy shower at the sleep clinic BEFORE I was asked to use them makes the reset seem irrelevant. The doctor was on time but late to see me as I was given an incorrect time by the staff. There were technicians putting electrodes on patients in the waiting room (how clean can that be).......The dr was knowledgeable and answered my questions when he could but I would never, NEVER go back to that clinic or recommend it to a friend.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag