Rate Dr. Chris Symonds

Dr. Chris Symonds's Ratings

AWESOME DOCTOR, SUPER HELPFUL AND THOUROUGH. AM SEEING HIM FOR MY THYROID CANCER TREATMENT AND HE AS BEEN NOTHING BUT UPBEAT, GREAT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

The Worst Doctor, I've ever been too. I was being followed by him for my diabetes and pre-pregnancy. From the beginning , I expressed concerns over an issue that would have to be address in order TO get pregnant. He completely disregarded my concern. I wasted over a year, trying to conceive and all along expressing concerns and NOTHING was done at all. It turned out there was an issue and specialized treatment was needed. In addition, he also at times appeared to get flustered with how my sugars ( type 1 diabetes) were and out of frustration asked me the patient " What do you thing we should do " in a frustrated and annoyed tone. When asked for a transfer to another doctor at the clinic ( Peter Lougheed), I was refused stating that no other doctor wanted to take me on as a patient. I have been Type 1 diabetic for 23 years and have ALWAYS worked closely with my medical team to ensure everything is going well. BUt never have I had such a poor , uncaring doctor who did not listen to me.

Submitted March 8, 2014 | flag

I have never had such a caring doctor. I wish there were Family physicians as passionate and helpful as Dr. Symonds. I went to see him for high calcium levels and he immediately did my throid ultrasound and sent me for blood/urine test. As the results came in, he personally called me to tell me what was happening, and mailed me documents to go for test a month later after taking some vitamin I was deficient at. When I went first to him, he had a medical intern working with him and you could tell how passionate he was - the way he communicated and guided the intern on his reasonings. I don't have a lot of faith in family physicians (after having a bad experience - i'm sure there are good ones too), but I definitely have full faith in Dr Symonds. Keep it up doc - you are the best!

Submitted April 8, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr Symonds after having my cancerous thyroid removed in Ontario. My previous Doctor did little or no follow up. Dr Symonds left no stone unturned in terms of complete testing. With this process he gave very detailed explanation as to why test and what the results were. I have never been so well informed or involved leaving me feeling very confident of my treatment process. All of my appointments were well managed with his office.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr Symonds is an excellent doctor to approach. He is very kind, helpful and knowledgeble. We were referred to him when my wife was pregnant and she has thyroid issues. We were so relieved by the kind of care and assurances he gives. He is reallu punctual in attending the patients and does a thorough background before he even talk to us.

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag

Saw this doctor twice. He was teaching a resident during my first visit and I found him to be personable, patient, informative and highly competent. The second visit was for a biopsy on my thyroid. I barely felt anything - he's good at what he does. Highly recommend this doctor.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Symonds a few years back for an unstable thryoid condition. He read over my doctors referral and said everything looked fine. He did not ask any questions, no tests no nothing and said I was fine and sent me on my way. Would not recommend this man to anyone for anything.

Submitted April 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Symonds is personable, informed, attentive, articulate and compassionate. He makes me feel more like a colleague than a patient.

Submitted April 13, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Symonds by a surgeon who had issues with a pathology report. Dr. Symonds caused a reevaluation by a different pathologist, we analyzed the result and discussed a course of action. He openly explained, we discussed, and he respected my decision which was slightly different that his recommendation. A true collaborative experience with a medical professional!

Submitted Dec. 11, 2010 | flag

I've been through alot of crap in the system,but when it comes to Dr.Christopher Symonds,he is TOP NOTCH in every respect!!!

Submitted Nov. 30, 2010 | flag