Rate Dr. A. Willamowicz

Dr. A. Willamowicz's Ratings

Been with this doc for a few years now and it's been nothing but problems with both doc and her receptionist. Receptionist won't let you speak with doc unless blood work is done and even if your pleasant with her she is rude and arrogant with you. Doc won't take patients concerns or symptoms into account of diagnoses, just blood work. I'm done with her and her lousy office and going to find a doctor who cares and listens to their patient. Half the time you can't even get a hold of this doc either because they close the office either early (like noon) or don't open it until noon or even take extra days off during the week. When I was first diagnosed and sent to her she told me to look on the internet for info on my disease. That should have been a warning sign in itself. What kind of doctor doesn't explain what's happening to their patients?

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

I was seeing dr willamowitcz for fertility issues due to a Tumor in my pituitary gland. Before going I had researched different medications used on people with the same circumstances as myself and asked for a specific one. She said not and put me on one that had many side effects. I ended up fainting in the shower on day two and was very ill. When I wet back to see her she suggested I take the medication I had originally asked for. She always speaks with her eyes shut which was very odd but if it helps her do her job that's alright with me. Dr w was not the reason I left her practice- her receptionist was. When 6 years had passed with any success of getting pregnant, my husband and I decided to adopt from SA. I needed documents from the receptionist at dr w office on several occasions. When I would call she would bark at me to call back another day because she's too busy. After 5 years of her being snappy and rude I told dr w about how she was treating me and she was ok with that.

Submitted May 21, 2013 | flag

Being a 76-year-old man of average health, I have encountered many doctors. I have not been as satisfied with most of them as I have been with Dr. Willamowicz. Her reputation of being an outstanding endocrinologist, along with a friendly secretary, have made my travels from Etobicoke to Whitby all the more worthwhile! Dealing with her already many times, I am very happy with her effective treatment, caring and friendly manners.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

Did absolutely nothing for me. Told me to come back in a few years and she will see. So while I wait I am getting worse. Going to find another doctor and would never ever go back to her. Total waste of my time and very disappointed that she did not seem to care or know what she was doing.

Submitted July 13, 2012 | flag

I'd heard good things about Dr Willamowicz from a few of her patients. However the staff (not all) in her office are very rude, not friendly and it's not like you have tones of room to get comfy in there. My family Dr was not content with her diagnosis and so referred me to another Dr (UHN) where I was correctly diagnosed after a similar biopsy. Something to be said about being told you don't have cancer and that you probably do have cancer. I'm glad I saw her but also glad I sought a 2nd opinion (thanks to my Family Dr).

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

Though she is friendly, her secretary is moody. I find that Willamowicz skims thru the paperwork, many times finding that she forgot to tick off certain tests, then says, that's ok I'm sure you're fine, we'll see you in a year and you can stay on the same meds. Well if I didn't have problems that needed followup, I wouldn't be there would I. Its bad enough that she only sees you once a year, while you're under her prescriptions, but to have to go 2 years without tests! When she misses tests, and only if you really push, will she see you in 6-8 months to get the tests that were missed, this is just not good enough. She also does not back you with your insurance for special prescription requests, instead of writing a note saying that you need this because ..., she says go on your old meds! If anyone knows another Endocrinologist that actually pays attention to meds and their patient's health issues - please pass it on.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2011 | flag

When I outgrew my paedatric endochrinologist I was referred to several others before I found Dr Willamoxicz. She was excellent, she listened to what I wanted and was very respectful. She is cheerful and upbeat. She is knowledgable and keeps up on current research. She manages my graves' disease well and I recommended her to my mother for her osteoporsis.

Submitted April 27, 2011 | flag

Her waiting room is so small- had to stand in hallway to wait for appointment...called next patient in who was using chair as luggage carrier-I had checked in with secretary,she knew exactly where I was as I had told her I was just in the hall as there was no room to sit down- Could not lift herself off the chair to call my name, or let me know Dr. W. had called my name

Submitted Feb. 3, 2011 | flag

Have Graves and was referred to this doc. I'm male and am married to a man. 1st she kept calling me by my husbands name. 2nd, she changes my meds but doesnt tell the pharmacy which causes havoc with the insurance. She took me off prednisone and kept me on PTU and Beta Blocker and I feel horrible, tired easy, feel nausea and more. She says it is due to the prednisone lowering my immune system and I caught something but its been over a month and it has gotten worse. No regular doc will treat me cause of GD and she ignores all these other symptoms and only cares about what the blood work says. I'm currently looking for another doc who will take my concerns and other symptoms seriously.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2011 | flag

I have never been so impressed by a Dr.'s thoroughness and knowledge. It might have taken a while to get in to see her but it's ony because she is such a knowledgeable and thorough Doctor that she is in such high demand. It was worth the wait to finally have someone look at all the information and put it together into a big picture. As far as the comments about her bedside manner -- I found her to be very warm and personable. Her nurse/med secretary is also top notch, over and above helpful and on the ball!

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag