Rate Dr. A. Willamowicz

Dr. A. Willamowicz's Ratings

Absolutely pleasant environment. Dr.Willamowicz takes time to address all your concerns and is very detailed when she explains things to you. She never makes you feel rushed or that she doesn't care about your concerns. I trust her completely with my health care needs. She is just wonderful and I wish all doctors were as compassionate as she is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I saw Dr. Williamowicz for the first time on Sept. 25,2014 for issues of menopause, thyroid, etc.
To be perfectly honest, I was blown away at how professional and knowledgeable this woman and specialist is. She listened to all my concerns respectfully and offered so much good information. I find that most doctors treat only the symptoms instead of going to the root and with menopause, it is complicated and affects our whole body systems. She truly understands!I was so lucky to be referred to this wonderful specialist and she is going to follow up with me with bloodwork and another appointment instead of just referring me back to my family physician. Fantastic!
As for Cindy, she is a honey! She's been doing her job for a long time and is a pro at what she does and she looks after Dr. Williamowicz in the way she runs the office and that's what's important.
I read an earlier comment about how small the office is. Yes, it is small but when you find a good doctor as great as this one - who cares! I've been to fancy offices where the specialist doesn't even listen to what you are saying or look at you while you're speaking. Doctor Williamowicz gave me her full attention and gave me hope for the future and I thank her so much. God Bless you Dr. Williamowicz and Cindy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Been with this doc for a few years now and it's been nothing but problems with both doc and her receptionist. Receptionist won't let you speak with doc unless blood work is done and even if your pleasant with her she is rude and arrogant with you. Doc won't take patients concerns or symptoms into account of diagnoses, just blood work. I'm done with her and her lousy office and going to find a doctor who cares and listens to their patient. Half the time you can't even get a hold of this doc either because they close the office either early (like noon) or don't open it until noon or even take extra days off during the week. When I was first diagnosed and sent to her she told me to look on the internet for info on my disease. That should have been a warning sign in itself. What kind of doctor doesn't explain what's happening to their patients?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2014

I was seeing dr willamowitcz for fertility issues due to a Tumor in my pituitary gland. Before going I had researched different medications used on people with the same circumstances as myself and asked for a specific one. She said not and put me on one that had many side effects. I ended up fainting in the shower on day two and was very ill. When I wet back to see her she suggested I take the medication I had originally asked for. She always speaks with her eyes shut which was very odd but if it helps her do her job that's alright with me. Dr w was not the reason I left her practice- her receptionist was. When 6 years had passed with any success of getting pregnant, my husband and I decided to adopt from SA. I needed documents from the receptionist at dr w office on several occasions. When I would call she would bark at me to call back another day because she's too busy. After 5 years of her being snappy and rude I told dr w about how she was treating me and she was ok with that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Being a 76-year-old man of average health, I have encountered many doctors. I have not been as satisfied with most of them as I have been with Dr. Willamowicz. Her reputation of being an outstanding endocrinologist, along with a friendly secretary, have made my travels from Etobicoke to Whitby all the more worthwhile! Dealing with her already many times, I am very happy with her effective treatment, caring and friendly manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Did absolutely nothing for me. Told me to come back in a few years and she will see. So while I wait I am getting worse. Going to find another doctor and would never ever go back to her. Total waste of my time and very disappointed that she did not seem to care or know what she was doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I'd heard good things about Dr Willamowicz from a few of her patients. However the staff (not all) in her office are very rude, not friendly and it's not like you have tones of room to get comfy in there. My family Dr was not content with her diagnosis and so referred me to another Dr (UHN) where I was correctly diagnosed after a similar biopsy. Something to be said about being told you don't have cancer and that you probably do have cancer. I'm glad I saw her but also glad I sought a 2nd opinion (thanks to my Family Dr).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

Though she is friendly, her secretary is moody. I find that Willamowicz skims thru the paperwork, many times finding that she forgot to tick off certain tests, then says, that's ok I'm sure you're fine, we'll see you in a year and you can stay on the same meds. Well if I didn't have problems that needed followup, I wouldn't be there would I. Its bad enough that she only sees you once a year, while you're under her prescriptions, but to have to go 2 years without tests! When she misses tests, and only if you really push, will she see you in 6-8 months to get the tests that were missed, this is just not good enough. She also does not back you with your insurance for special prescription requests, instead of writing a note saying that you need this because ..., she says go on your old meds! If anyone knows another Endocrinologist that actually pays attention to meds and their patient's health issues - please pass it on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

When I outgrew my paedatric endochrinologist I was referred to several others before I found Dr Willamoxicz. She was excellent, she listened to what I wanted and was very respectful. She is cheerful and upbeat. She is knowledgable and keeps up on current research. She manages my graves' disease well and I recommended her to my mother for her osteoporsis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Her waiting room is so small- had to stand in hallway to wait for appointment...called next patient in who was using chair as luggage carrier-I had checked in with secretary,she knew exactly where I was as I had told her I was just in the hall as there was no room to sit down- Could not lift herself off the chair to call my name, or let me know Dr. W. had called my name

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174801].votes_count ]]