You may also like

Rate Dr. Henry Chung

Dr. Henry Chung's Ratings

My recent colonoscopy was performed by Dr. Chung and his professionalism and thorough discussion of my symptoms reassured me immediately that he was an excellent gastroenterologist. He talked me thru the procedure calmly and carefully answered all my concerns with full simple to understand explanations. I would highly recommend him to anyone. And yes, he has a sense of humour however it was not offensive or abusive to me in any way. And, it should be noted I am a plus size woman who was treated very respectfully.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

I have no idea about Dr. Chung's skills as a doctor, but I do know his skills as a bully. He made a fat joke at my expense on the hospital ward in front off the staff, nurses and other doctors. I have crohn's and After a consult with one of the GI doctors food was delivered to rooms and since I have been unable to eat for two weeks I left. As I was leaving the room, next next to the nursing station the GI doc was there amongst his peers and nursing staff. I said, "I cannot be around food being delivered I am going for a walk" , His reply was "Good thing is it looks like you have not missed many meals" He fat shamed me and used me his patient as a joke in front of at least 15 peers. I am mortified, ashamed, insulted, hurt and now cannot trust the medical team here at RCH with my care I feel trapped

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356255].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 24, 2014

I saw Dr. Chung about 5 years ago for an Endoscopy and found him to be polite and professional. Unfortunately I can not say the same about his secretary / booking clerk. On the 11th of March of this year (2014) I was referred by my family doctor for another Endoscopy as I began experiencing rather severe upper abdominal pain. I have since called Dr. Chung's office several times to inquire about an appointment and each time have received a rather rude and uncaring response from his "Booking Clerk". I am told it will probably be "Sometime next year", "Maybe march or April", "We have hundreds of referrals", "We will get back to you". Tomorrow is the 1st of June and I am still awaiting a response. I recently had to visit Eagle Ridge hospital emergency due to evidence of internal bleeding and continued severe pain. I brought this to the attention of Dr, Chung"s clerk, but again received a similar response to that noted above.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2356254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

A personable young doctor who is very knowlegdable about his specialty and a real pleasure to have as a gastroentologist. I would highly add my recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I have had numerous colonoscopies and endoscopes from Dr Henry Chung. Dr Chung has also done my wife as well and my daugther. He is a great and patient and knowledgably specialist. I would highly recommend him and his team. Not only is Dr Chung very profession and a outstanding G.I. specialist he always takes time to bring you up to date on his findings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][381544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

Very friendly, very patient, spends enough time to understand the problem.I had a problem which tremendously limited my abilities as a graduate student. For two years I visited several general practitioners and three specialists, and went through CT scans, MRI, gastro-scopy and blood tests. None of these helped. Last May I visited Dr Chung. The first thing he told me is that I had all possible tests a human can ever have. Then he started asking me questions about my condition. This guy was able to extract every single detail about my ailment; he even got a vivid picture of my childhood ailments that could be related. At the end he prescribed a simple solution to my problem. Now I am in my best condition since 15 years. While others were using every possible piece of medical technology to diagnose my condition, but failed miserably, this friendly face was able to do it by giving himself the chance to think carefully about the problem, and solve it by simple techniques.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][381543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Dr Chung was very helpful and extremely patient during our appointment, I brought my 2 and a half year old daughter and he somehow managed to keep her calm and entertained while still giving me his full, undecided attention and answering all questions I had. He was well worth the wait and I highly recommend him to anyone needing a gastro!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][381542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Henry Chung when I was experiencing a great deal of pain. He saw me promptly, treated me within his area of expertise and, then, referred me to a specialist for futher treatment. The whole experience was very positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][381541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013

Dr. Chung is absolutely wonderful. He explains everything in detail; is kind; and a good listener. I would recommend him to anyone having problems. I only wish there were more Dr. Chungs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][381540].votes_count ]]