Rate Dr. Douglas E. Smith

Dr. Douglas E. Smith's Ratings

This Dr. is a hack, had to do 2 surgery's to remove disk matter that should have been done in 1,cut my Dura the 2nd. surgery and still left disk material. He SUCKS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Please be careful when choosing what doctor you go to. Go to the court house and look them up. As you will see with Dr. Smith, a lot of people have filed malpractice suits against him but the justice system doesn't protect the patients, it protects the Doctors. My mother is disabled and struggles on a daily basis, Dr. Smith did two surgeries on her in 2007, one a month after the first. Hard lesson to learn that you can't trust doctors, protect yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

Dr. Smith crippled me. I will never work again, and possibly walk again due to his inatentiveness. He accidentally cut into my dural sack, and did a repair with a blood patch. This is normal procedure, however the patch developed a leak. I called his office and he called back once saying he would stay in touch. It got much worse. I was vomiting and losing huge amounts of cerebral spinal fluid. Me, my wife, my children all called for weeks begging for help. I lost 45 pounds in 3 weeks, and the headaches were horrible. On my next visit to the pain clinic my doc took one look at me and ask 'why in the hell aren't you in the hospital?'. We explained that Smith never returned a call so we didn't know what to do. He was livid and left the room. He came back in a few minutes and said, don't worry, he'll talk to you now. I was in Surgery 2 days later, but it was too late. I now have adhesive anachroiditis. DO NOT SEE THIS MAN!I had 5 surgeries and everything here is documented. I did like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2010

Dr. Smith performed back surgery with unsatisfactory results. A second surgery was needed the very next day. A month after the second surgery, I still have a lot of pain in one leg.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

I have now had seven surgeries and a few different doctors. I have my opinions on them all and Dr. Smith has been consistently amazing. I have heard from others that he comes off cold or detached, but I perceive his demeanor as calm and intuitive. As a nine year old, after a surgery, he came in late at night to check up on me. He needed to take off the tape that covered the incision on my abdomen, but I wouldn't let him do it because "it hurt." So, he took a seat in the corner of the room and quietly (patiently!) waited for me to do it myself. As an adult, I realize how much that must have taken for him as he was tired from surgeries from early in the day and must have just wanted to go home. Through the years he has always been just as patient and fair with me. He's been honest with time frames on looming surgeries and allows me to make decisions accordingly. I fear the day he decides to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175819].votes_count ]]