Dr. Piotr Blachut

Rate Dr. Piotr Blachut

Dr. Piotr Blachut's Ratings

He is an awesome surgeon, no doubt, but his knowledge of RSD left me in a bind. He told me and wrote a report in which he stated that |I would not walk normally again and lambasted me for wanting to use alternative medicine. Well I didn't accept his advise and continued with the alternative medicine. Changed orthopedic adviser and now I am walking free of walking aid.Great surgeon, but limited knowledge of alternative medicine and if I had accepted his advise I would be still walking with difficulty and with some walking aid. Albeit doctors know very little about RSD.

Submitted July 17, 2014 | flag

Absolutely saved my leg. He did what others were unable to do. It was a struggle with 4 procedures but due to his knowledge and abilities I can play rugby and walk with a straight leg. Anyone who is lucky enough to have Dr. Blachut is in the best hands possible none finer or better. Highly professional a great mentor and a wonderful teacher as I have observed him many times. Thank-you Thank-you

Submitted June 28, 2014 | flag

Don't really know about staff or punctuality. What I can tell you is that I remember him and his team walking into my hospital room the day after I smashed my wrist running on the North Shore. "Hi Michael. I'm Dr. Blachut and I'm one of the bone doctors here at VGH. We're going to fix your wrist." And he did. It's been 4+ years and I feel very lucky to have received such great care.

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Blachut was the third doctor we were referred to for my sons ortho repairs. After a broken femur and severed nerves at age 12 and an undiagnosed injury to the growth plate of the Tibia we experienced 6 years of pain, frustration and surgeries- until a wise doctor referred us out of Childrens and to Dr. Blachut. His calm and his obvious confidence gave us all the security we needed. He made a plan with our son and executed it perfectly. 2 more osteotomies and finally, at 19, our son is walking with a straight leg. Absolutely thrilled and grateful, this doctor is simply the best. Period. Full Stop!

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

Fabulous surgeon, did an amazing job at reduction of my hip after a very serious fracture.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

Ten years ago I was wheeled into operating room with fractured tibia plateau and compartment syndrome. Documents signed approving above knee amputation. Due to the outstanding skills of this surgeon I still have me leg intact and I enjoy moderate mobility and no symptoms of arthritis. Walking with a cane is far better than a prosthesis. Five stars all around for this outstanding and professional surgeon.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2012 | flag

saw Dr. in VGH, was very professional, good bed side, made referrals to investigate the problem further, ie. mri.

Submitted June 11, 2012 | flag

In 2005 I suffered a serious acetabular fracture.As an endurance athlete I was devastated.I was one of the lucky ones,Dr Blachut did my surgery.Within a year I was out doing 2 hour mountain trail runs with my friends.Enough said.Dr.Blachut is the best.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

Dr Blachut changed our lives. My husband was injured at his "old" job waiting for his "new" job. The reason my husband is in his dream career and happy every day is Dr Blachut, point blank.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Blachut's partner in clinic on a Tuesday, and was in surgery with Dr. Blachut the next day. He didn't sugarcoat what my expectations should be - and i appreciate that. He relengthened/realigned my collarbone after a biking accident. It hasn't even been 6 weeks yet since my surgery, but i feel almost better then i did before my accident! You can barely tell anything happened to me, the scar is so fine that from 10 feet away you can't even see it. He's good, what else can i say!

Submitted June 9, 2011 | flag