Rate Dr. Piotr Blachut

Dr. Piotr Blachut's Ratings

Plating my clavicle was my third surgery from Dr Blachut. He is very paient with all around including staff. I love the fact that he is not so arragont as not to answer my questions in detail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2750501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

MY tibia (shin-bone) was very badly shattered at the top (the plateau) after a 25 foot fall onto the side of a mountain. His words to me after the surgery were that he was happy with the outcome. I was over-joyed! A Doctor in Whitehorse warned my family that I might lose the leg because the injury was possibly inoperable. Mr. Blachut has my deepest respect. You probably think you are just doing your job as usual. You spent a few hours with me and went on to the next but what a difference you have made in my life!!! Cant thank you enough!!! God bless you man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

He simply saved my arm, i will never thank him enough for what he and his team have accomplished. Thank yoy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

He is an awesome surgeon, no doubt, but his knowledge of RSD left me in a bind. He told me and wrote a report in which he stated that |I would not walk normally again and lambasted me for wanting to use alternative medicine. Well I didn't accept his advise and continued with the alternative medicine. Changed orthopedic adviser and now I am walking free of walking aid.Great surgeon, but limited knowledge of alternative medicine and if I had accepted his advise I would be still walking with difficulty and with some walking aid. Albeit doctors know very little about RSD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Absolutely saved my leg. He did what others were unable to do. It was a struggle with 4 procedures but due to his knowledge and abilities I can play rugby and walk with a straight leg. Anyone who is lucky enough to have Dr. Blachut is in the best hands possible none finer or better. Highly professional a great mentor and a wonderful teacher as I have observed him many times. Thank-you Thank-you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Don't really know about staff or punctuality. What I can tell you is that I remember him and his team walking into my hospital room the day after I smashed my wrist running on the North Shore. "Hi Michael. I'm Dr. Blachut and I'm one of the bone doctors here at VGH. We're going to fix your wrist." And he did. It's been 4+ years and I feel very lucky to have received such great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Blachut was the third doctor we were referred to for my sons ortho repairs. After a broken femur and severed nerves at age 12 and an undiagnosed injury to the growth plate of the Tibia we experienced 6 years of pain, frustration and surgeries- until a wise doctor referred us out of Childrens and to Dr. Blachut. His calm and his obvious confidence gave us all the security we needed. He made a plan with our son and executed it perfectly. 2 more osteotomies and finally, at 19, our son is walking with a straight leg. Absolutely thrilled and grateful, this doctor is simply the best. Period. Full Stop!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Fabulous surgeon, did an amazing job at reduction of my hip after a very serious fracture.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][386520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

Ten years ago I was wheeled into operating room with fractured tibia plateau and compartment syndrome. Documents signed approving above knee amputation. Due to the outstanding skills of this surgeon I still have me leg intact and I enjoy moderate mobility and no symptoms of arthritis. Walking with a cane is far better than a prosthesis. Five stars all around for this outstanding and professional surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][386519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2012

saw Dr. in VGH, was very professional, good bed side, made referrals to investigate the problem further, ie. mri.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][386518].votes_count ]]