Dr. Judson M. Brandeis

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Judson M. Brandeis has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Judson M. Brandeis
Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.3
RID: 2434169
27/09/12 5 5 5 5 Had laser vaporization of enlarged prostrate. Dr. Brandeis explained the procedure very well easing my fears. Everything went well and my urinary function is much improved. Office visits are always well handled with minimum waiting. Dr. and staff are very friendly and efficient.
RID: 1774723
21/03/12 5 5 5 5 I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Brandeis. I feel he is very thorough and knowledgable. Although my symptoms were vague or nonexistent he discovered & treated my condition in a very early stage. He is personable and extremely caring and takes whatever time is needed to explain my condition to myself and my wife in terms we can easily understand. I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor.
RID: 1724644
28/02/12 2 3 1 1 Given his reviews, you can imagine my surprise when I found Dr. Brandeis had such trouble appearing competent, nevermind his lackadaisical indifference to scary symptoms. I initially set up the appointment based his glowing reviews, but about 5 minutes after meeting him realized I couldn't trust whatever he was going to tell me. He ignored some pretty significant symptoms, and didn't want to order any basic screening tests for a variety of common things men my age are screened for. It's worth noting, I have a pretty high ceiling of tolerance when it comes to doctor idiosyncrasies. I've seen many of them, but Dr. Brandeis didn't even attempt to hide his blithe dismissal of symptoms I'm now following up with other doctors for. Whether or not this is something he didn't like about me personally, I can't say for certain. But it appeared that way, and that's enough for me to know to get a second opinion. How he doesn't have a malpractice suit marring his resume is at least surprising.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1406647
04/04/11 4 4 5 5 Don't always think about recommending MDs, but Dr Brandeis and his firm (Pacific Urology) deserve all the cudos they get. Between them & my primary care physician, they saved my life. At 50 years old, I had zero symptoms, but these guys discovered & treated my prostate cancer in less than 4 months. Here I am 95 days after surgery, and I've got no worries. It fell to Dr Brandeis to be the one to give me the results of my biopsy, and I couldn't have asked for someone who was more (appropriately) caring and professional at the same time. He took what time we needed, he explained everything thoroughly, and he made sure I was OK with what was going on. The only reason I didn't rate him "excellent" re follow-up was that there wasn't much. He handed me off to his partner for the surgery (which went incredibly well), and I was happy with that. Great doctors; great firm.  Respond
RID: 1362639
14/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis was terrific. Calm, knowledgeable, reassuring, everything you would want in a doctor performing surgery on a sensitive area. Highly recommended!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1361489
12/02/11 5 4 5 5 The doctor answered all my questions and concerns in a relaxed and kind manner. I would recommend him to my friends.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1355594
05/02/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Brandeis by another trusted physician who recommended him highly. Dr. Brandeis is highly professional, has a great bedside manner, is calm and assuring, and performed my surgery with precision and success. It was important to me to work with a doctor who was on the top of his game relative to up-to-date procedures and surgical methodologies. He is that guy. He is inclusive with his patients about diagnosis, explanation of the anatomy and how to address the situation. His staff was wonderful too.  Respond
RID: 1355557
05/02/11 5 5 5 5 Very konledgeable, willing to spend time talking thru the issues, very personable with a rare sense of humor.
RID: 1323199
29/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis is a very knowledable doctor.He has helped me a lot.He is very well mannered and compassionate.I am glad to have him as my urologist.I visit with him once a year unless something comes up unexpectedly,and when that happens he sees me as soon as possible.
RID: 1316341
16/12/10 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor. Very calm. Explained everything clearly. Patient. Did a great job with my surgery. Nice guy. Would recommend.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1304090
30/11/10 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor. I have 100% confidence in him. I had very successful TURP surgery.  Respond
RID: 1301812
26/11/10 5 5 5 5 I retired after 30 yrs of int.med/GI practice. Upon moving to CA, was referred to Dr. Brandeis for my urological problems. He has been my only urologist and I trusted him with the surgery I needed. I have nothing negative in his bedside manner and clinical skill. I recommend him highly. Signed: Adrian Go, M.D., FACG, FACP (Ret.)
RID: 1285961
03/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Brandeis is thorough and explains the issues and options in a calm collective manner. He was recommended by my primary physician and I am very satisfied with my decision to have chosen him.
Paid (or co-pay): $260
RID: 1134283
23/03/10 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr. Brandeis for vasectomy procedure. He was very calm and professional, which helped calm my nerves as well. My recovery has been without problems and with little pain.
RID: 1131753
19/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis told me I had Prostate cancer, but he also gave me a lot of information to review and other doctors to consult with on this problem. Thanks to his timely efforts and radiation treatments this illiness is now under control and being checked annually. Thank you Dr. Brandeis, I appreciate your polite delivery and straight-forward honest answers to tough questions.
RID: 1106660
15/02/10 4 5 5 5 I had my prostate gland removed in 2003 by Dr. Brandeis. The operation was very successful and I have maintained almost of my functionality. I continue to meet with Dr. Brandeis annually to ensure my PSA remains low.
RID: 1098938
05/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis was extremely candid and knowledgeable regarding the diagnosis of my prostate cancer. He operated on me almost 2 years ago, I am cancer free, and feel very good about all aspects of the care he has given me. In addition he's just a good guy.
RID: 1098687
05/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis is first rate and is direct and to the point, demonstrating first rate knowledge and a gentlemen professionalism seemingly long lost in the high pressure world of health care. I would highly recommend him and will in fact take my son to see him to address an issue in the future.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1098609
05/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis was very approachable with a good bedside manner. He explained everything and was very straight forward.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1095248
02/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brandeis is very approachable and a very good listener. His credentials and experience are exemplary. He has very compassionate side to him in the way he articulates diagnosis and treatment. I feel very fortunate to have him as a doctor.
RID: 1095075
01/02/10 5 5 5 5 Not only was Dr. Brandeis courteous, kind and helpful, he was also honest and to the point. He provided surgery perfectly, on time, and the outcome was amazing. A wonderful doctor and I highly recommend him for surgical removal of bladder and/or kidney stones.
RID: 1095038
01/02/10 5 5 5 5 After spending approximately 1 1/2 years with another urologist and being told that I would just have to get used to using a catheter for life -we were shocked and frustrated. My wife searched the internet and came across Dr. Brandeis. We are so extremely lucky to find him. There are not words to say how happy we are with him, his knowledge, compassion, sincere caring and his skill. Extremely honest and answers all our questions. He is by far the best doctor for us. We feel good when leaving his office. His whole staff is very nice and professional.