Rate Dr. Soly Baredes

Dr. Soly Baredes's Ratings

THE BEST E.N.T DOCTOR !!!!!!!!! I TRAVELED FROM MONMOUTH COUNTY TO HIM. Three doctors in my county were afraid to operate on my husband but he was recommended to us as specializing in adult tonsillectomy and he found my husband to be a very easy patient. My husband recovered very quickly where all the other doctors scared him that it is the worst surgery for adults to do. Dr.Beredes saved my hubands life. His biopsy was positive for lymphoma and if it wasn't for Dr. Beredes I don't know what would of happened to my huband. He is now cancer free ..... THANK YOU DR.BEREDES. IF YOU NEED YOUR TONSILS REMOVED AND YOU ARE IN ADULT - DR.BEREDES IS THE BEST

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I have NJ Horizon Health/ Blue Cross Blue Shield. I have a blockage in the right side of my nostril and my primary doctor referred me to him..I wasn't happy with his services because I was a Medicaid patient he wanted to jerk me around with extending my visits. I had blockage (nasal polyp) in the left side of my nostril before & I regret not letting Dr. Lee at Newark Beth Israel do both sides of nostrils at once. Dr.B gave me a nasal spray that didn't shrink the polyp. He pretended to num the inside of my right nostril. Soon as I realized Dr.B was jerking me around I didn't go back. Today I still have difficulty breathing because of this blockage. I am searching for a good E.N.T. (Dr.Lee is no longer at Newark Beth Israel otherwise I would have went back to him) :-(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

I went to Dr. Baredes on a recommendation from a friend of mine. I had a lump on my neck and had seen 3 other doctors over the course of about 3 years. I decided it was time to do something about it. Dr. Baredes schedule scans of my neck with the UMDNJ radiology department. After reviewing the the scans he recommended surgery. The day came for my surgery and he explained exactly what he was going to do and what the recovery would be. I was under a local anesthesia and felt no pain. The recovery time was minimal and scarring was practically non existent. I found his staff and office to be clean and well organized. The wit time to see him was about normal. The only negative comment I have is about the UMDNJ radiology Dept., It wasn't organized and the staff were personable not professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

After surgery I feel worst. I can't breath. It took 6 hours for someone to answer my question why he did not remove my tracheo and replace it. I feel like I am going to die and no body cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2011

Dr. Baredes is wonderful. For one thing, I was fearful about not being able to swallow following my mouth and neck surgery, and Dr. Baredes took the time to come see me in the recovery room and examine the condition of my mouth, assuring me that there was plenty of space there and my throat was in no danger of closing. He also told me that I was being given steroids intravenously to keep the swelling down. Not only do I find him to be an excellent surgeon, but that visit in the recovery room gave me such peace of mind. Also, he opted not to use radiation as a follow-up because of possible negative side effects; instead, he chose to see me every 2 months for a thorough mouth and throat examination to ensure that, if any abnormal cells become pre-cancerous or cancerous, they can be taken care of in a timely manner. I greatly appreciate his explaining to me the negative aspects of radiation and who he chose the every-2-month examination method instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

Noone gets back to you, or returns calls, scheduling is a pain, staff is terse, not outright rude, but they choose to make things difficult for you. I have been on hold for over 40 min. Office is slightly mangy and not the cleanest or newest. Dr is kind, smart and willing to spend time with however, he also has no respect for making ppl wait, whether in the waiting room or for a call back regarding test results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391499].votes_count ]]