Rate Dr. Emil H. Annabi

Dr. Emil H. Annabi's Ratings

Dr. Annabi is the best pain doctor I've seen. He spent more time with me than any other doctor Ive seen, he took this time to carefully explain how my pain was originating and with another modality, I walked out of his office pain free for the first time in years. I am also taking a different medication that makes me feel much better and less tired. I can not recommend him higher!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I cannot understand the negative reviews posted here. In my experience, Dr. Annabi was a miracle worker. He spent much more time with me than any other physician I've ever seen. He carefully examined me and even called in an associate to provide a confirmation of what he felt was going on. The changes he made in my medication completely changed my life. I had been in a morphine haze for years, after my first visit, I had my life back. Not only would I recommend him, I have. He has become the doctor of choice for 3 other friends and aqua trances, with similar glowing satisfaction. He has a good straight forward manner as well as a wonderful staff. Very professional all around. I feel blessed to have this doctor in my life guiding my pain control.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2621531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

I've had 7 unsuccesful surgeries, Because of financial reasons I had to go to The VA, but after turning 65 I went back to my primary care DR where i was told Dr Annabi would be able to help me with stronger pain medicine. I saw Sylvia ,his assitant,who was cold and very unempathetic. I felt all she did was type in my information and that was that. She took me off the pain medication I was on and gave me something no stronger than an asperin. I 'm in horrible pain every day of my life and she decides AFTER one visit to take me off all my pain medicine, I called SEVEN days in a row telling her that what she gave me wasn't working. When she did call she said "Sorry" I won't change your medication, the DR wasn't any better, I saw him for 2 minutes after waiting 2hrs and he was just as bad. Without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had with a Dr or asst., if your in pain, really bad pain, don't waste your time. They wouldn't even look at my records from my past experiences with true pain specialists who knew what compassion and empathy was. I hope you never have to deal with an office like them. It was pathetic to say the least.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2583730].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

really good dr and really great staff. he understands what you need and helps. good with me. thanks doc.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2575114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Annabi is now in private practice at 6252 E Grant, (520) 886-7246. He remains the most compassionate dr. I've ever known, but now with a much bette office staff than at the U of A and state of the art office. He listened thoughtfully, came up with solutions and even called a neurologist he trusted and said is the best and told him to expect my call for an appointment and get me in ASAP. Can't praise him enough; he's the only one whose ever been able to ease my pain. He's also willing to go to bat for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2478048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

My husband has been a patient of his for several years. We absolutely love him. He was & is very attentive with his medical condition and always returned our calls promptly.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][392283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Annabi and his staff are very nice and helpful. I feel confident with Dr. Annabi's knowledge and care. He is very concerned and wants to really help. His staff are also very friendly and helpful, and very polite.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][392282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

Terrible experience! I honestly cannot belive this Doctor is on any list of "helpful Doctors". I saw this Doctor while in University Medical Center. after 6 weeks in the hospital I was assigned to Dr. Annabi. He did one spinal injection above my existing 4 level spinal fusion (l-3 thru S-1)that procedure was completely unsucessful. I was given a medication for sedation that was absolutely terrible (ketamine)After the first injection i was scheduled for another 5 days later. After 3 hours in the pre-op room I was sent back to my room and told Dr. Annabi was not able to make the procedure. When i asked why I was told " we dont know, he wont even answer his phone". Dr. Annabi caught me in the elevator while in transport back to my room. At that time he stated that he was sorry for missing the procedure and that i just needed to be discharged and see him in his office in 6 to 8 weeks! This was simply not an option. I eventualy learned i had displaced hardware pressing on my spinal cord!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][392281].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

DR ANNABI is one of the most helpful intelligent pain doctors I have ever been to. He is amazing and helped me get through my medical problems, his intelligence and spirit is quite remarkable. Thank you Dr. Annabi. You are a miracle worker....

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][392280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2010

First appt., never once examined my mother, my mom asked about a serious problem she was having, she was told he was a pain specialist and couldn't be concerned with other problem, though he did finally say it could be heart failure, didn't seem at all concerned with that, wouldn't tell her what she should do about it, only does steroid shots in the back, nothing else, not a pain specialists, only shots for back pain

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392279].votes_count ]]