Rate Dr. Anthony Ham Pong

Dr. Anthony Ham Pong's Ratings

I have never had an issue with this doctor, been seeing him for 3 years. Yes he is straight to the point but he addresses the issues at hand. Waiting time sucks but it's worth it! He knows his stuff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

The visit went fine. My 1 year old son cried quite abit when the doctor administered the scratch test, but I guess it's not a pleasant feeling. He confirmed the allergies that my son had tested positive on and provided us with an info package which has extensive information. He took the time to show us how to administer the epipen. I did notice he didnt like "repeating" information, so when I asked him a question at the end of the visit, he mentioned he had already answered it during his spiel...but I think its more related to the quirkiness of his character than any ill will on his part. He even gave my son a toy at the end of the visit. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

2014-07: I had a pleasant experience and felt confident in his capabilities. I would have no problem seeing him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2472584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

After I read some of the comments on this site I was quite worried as I had my 14 month old scheduled in for an appointment to get tested for allergies. The waiting room is quite small but there are things on the walls to look at and a few toys and magazines. The staff were good. After having to hold my daughter still for the test the nurse offered my husband and I lollipops. After everything was done my daughter got a toy dinosaur. The doctor was informative and provided the information we needed. He was quick and to the point but answered questions and told us not to worry. I did not have any issues with his bedside manners,or his staff's. Overall it was a good experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190860].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 3, 2014

My daughters experience here was excellent. The Dr. really seems to know his stuff. The nurse really helped put her at ease when doing the scratch tests. Go with an open mind and understand the strains on the Ontario medical system. They did everything for my family that I could want.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2198035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I found Dr Ham Pong very helpful,caring and knowledgeable . Did not notice any of the bad behavior some others have reported.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

This isn't a social visit - you will not be having tea and discussing the weather with him. If that is what you are looking for, you're in the wrong place. His waiting room is small, and he tends to run a bit late (same as most doctors) however he does know what he's doing. I went with my 1 year old and he noticed my hands (I have ezcema) and took the time to discuss that with me - despite having no appointment, nor did he charge me for the visit. His advice and prescription is the first thing that has ever really helped my condition in 35 years (and countless creams, specialists, treatments, etc). He was spot on with my child. I can appreciate the medical care - and I can get the social niceties from my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][66649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

The warning from others were not exaggerated. Tiny uncomfortable waiting space, office jammed packed with supplies and charts. Seems he had long outgrown this space. Most importantly was how "grabby" he and his nurse were. Never asked my child to cooperate..just grab and pull his arm. He cried out when the trays were put in front of us and during the "pokes" . After he settled well. This doc may have the smarts but zero interest in children, negligible bedside manner and dismissive to all. Happy to NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK! If in future...we will go to another city if need be. Not looking for a friend or a hotel, Just a doc whom actually likes to be with patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][66654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Upon arrival, the waiting room (which is the size of my walk in closet) was jam packed and incredibly warm. Signs everywhere say "DO NOT WAIT IN THE HALLWAY". Seriously? There isn't even enough room in your waiting room for all the appointments you schedule. Not to mention they were 45 minutes late in bringing us in. Dr Ham Pong wasn't as rude as I expected him to be but he looked incredibly annoyed every time I asked a question. His nurse on the other hand, was great. Overall, the experience with him was okay but I sure hope I never have to stand in that waiting room again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][66648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

Dr. Pong was very pleasant and friendly to both myself and my 9 month old daughter. Based on the questions I answered and my description of the hives Dr. Pong said that he thought it was not an allergy but we should test to be sure. He was by no means arrogant like I had read in other descriptions. He was reassuring and very nice. I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][66647].votes_count ]]