Rate Dr. Milan Khara

Dr. Milan Khara's Ratings

I have to laugh at all the reviews from people who were treated by Dr. Khara for smoking addiction... anyone with a real addiction will discover that he is not only useless but also abusive. He refused to put me on methadone after I failed a home detox, insisting that I go to the scummy detox center downtown which I wouldn't stay at for more than a few hours since I have other medical issues that they don't give a c r a p about that make it impossible for me to detox like that. I wound up finding a private methadone clinic who was happy to work with me on getting clean, which I did, and they told me I was an exemplary methadone patient which is something they don't see a lot of. Anyway, getting back to Khara... on my second appointment I get there and the receptionist tells me he's running late, if I want to go get a coffee or something and come back in 45 mins that might be a good idea. I say OK, press the button for the elevator and wait for it, and the doors open and I'm about to step in when who steps out, it's none other than Dr. Khara. Startled, I say "Oh, I thought you were late." he gives me a scowl and says "No, 10 o'clock" and walks off to his office in a huff. (10 o'clock being the time my appointment was for, and it also being the present time, despite the receptionist telling me to come back in 45 mins not 2 minutes earlier). Anyway I would also agree that he's either racist or has some sort of personality disorder, as he acts just plain weird. He also must think that 'druggies' like to make 'deals' because he's always trying to make a 'deal' with me (and he did the same thing with a friend of mine who went to see him for the same reason), but if you agree to his 'deal' he will renege on it anyway if you manage to complete your end of the 'bargain'... So, if you have anything more serious than a cigarette addiction to deal with, I strongly recommend you go elsewhere. In general I find the private clinics to be MUCH better, even the other public ones (I tried the one on commercial as well for a home detox) seem to be full of doctors and nurses that don't seem to want to be there doing what they're doing...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

he is the best addiction doctor he helped me quit smoking right away thank you Dr.Khara

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][396134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

the clinic where i saw dr.kara treated me with patches and gum together. this helped me a lot. i quit but still struggle,thinking about going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][396133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Treated me for my addiction to smoking. I can't believe I have been quit for two years thanks to him and his team. Very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][396132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

this doctor is a racist biggot in my opinion.i have tried to attend the PUBLIC addictions clinic since i live in the area ,and have been refused several times simply because this man dislikes me. I have always treated him and his staff with politeness and courtesy.when i try to enroll,the nurse tells me that there is no problem and they would be happy to have me,but as soon as dr. khara sees me,the staff do a 180 and refuse to admit me. no explanation is given.this is a public community health and addictions clinic.as far as I am c oncerned,there are no reasons for refusal other than the ones I have stated.this doctor doesn't have the decency to even talk to me.I am sure there are others who have had similar experiences.an unproffessional spiteful racist.so say I;D'Arcy Knape.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][396131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2012

Very patient and understanding. Good knowledge and

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][396130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2010

Doctor Khara was very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind upon each and every visit. He went out of his way to help me. One time there was a manufacture shortage of the medication I was on. I emailed his office, and he happened to reply ten minutes later, FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY!! He was on holiday and could have easily ignored my email, but actually replied from overseas and gave me the name of a local doctor that could help me. I was very grateful. All in all Doctor Khara was very pleasant, professional, and absolutely non-judgemental. I hope to be able to see him again, if I require his specific services. Thanks Dr. Khara!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][396129].votes_count ]]