Rate Dr. J.M. Dickson

Dr. J.M. Dickson's Ratings

My 8 year old son just had his adenoids removed and we couldn't be happier with Dr. Dickson and the results. He was very helpful, knowledgeable, respectful and contrary to some previous posts, had great "bedside manners". Dr. Dickson made us feel at ease before and after the operation. My son is now recovering and we are looking forward to his peaceful and restful sleeps. Thank you Dr. Dickson, and kudos to the staff at Surrey Memorial Hospital for taking care of us and making our brief stay comfortable and relatively stress free.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2013 | flag

I would not recommend this doctor. I dont know if he had a bad day or if he is always so rushed and impersonal. He was not sensitive with my son at all. I realize that he has to do certain things to check things out but my son is afraid of doctors and was scared of what he was going to do. He spent NO time gaining his trust or explaining to HIM what was going to happen. We were in and out in 15 minutes. (included some talking, nasal spray, check of ears, microscopic camera up nose, prescription...)Felt like he really had no time or care for kids. I dont dispute he knows his stuff but he had no bedside manner, no patience and little respect. Very unfriendly!!! Staff weren't very friendly either. I had heard great things but experienced much different!

Submitted Sept. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr.Dickson is amazing. My son has had two surgeries with him and both went fantastic. he was great in the appointments as well as at the hospital. He was very helpful and made us feel comfortable and at ease with everything. My son has ADHD and anxiety and can be difficult to manage and he was excellent with him. We have seen many doctors for our son for many different reasons and Dr.Dickson by far is the best we have seen above all.

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

My daughter and I saw Dr. Dickson last week and I was very pleased with the care he offered. He was courteous and very helpful. I came to the appointment with a few questions and he answered them in detail. After a discussion with the doctor, we have decided to go ahead with tubes surgery based on his recommendation. I know that we are going to receive excellent care. I don’t know about the comment below, but I understand that this doctor is very busy and I was respectful of his time. Would definitely recommend.

Submitted June 29, 2013 | flag

I had a horrible experience with this EMT. I came in there with a lot of knowledge, anytime I raised a question he shot me down. He patronized me and made me feel like I knew nothing, when as a mother of the patient he was seeing - I have done extensive research. He did not offer to talk with me through my concerns. The procedure we were discussing would require my son to be put under anesthetic and I did not want this, I want a laser form of treatment. He then was outraged, stormed out of the room saying, "I don't know why everyone cares about fancy lasers." He continued to say this as he wrote me a referral to an oral surgeon that could help me further. Very rude, and I would never recommend him to anyone. If you want to be treated proper and with respect, this is not the place.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Extremely happy with the care from Dr. Dickson. He is very approachable, knowledgeable and efficient. My 7 year old daughter had surgery at SMH and the staff there were terrific. Far better than Vancouver Children's hospital. Very clean. Highly recommend!

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

SMH Emergency referred me to see this doctor due to my dizziness, which might be related to an ear infection and set an appointment for me. As soon as I got to this doctor's office and said good morning, his staff approached me with a snap. "He is only seeing children!" The doctor saw me anyway as soon as I said I went to emergency, but he kept on nagging that my dizziness might just be due to anxiety, imagination, blah, blah, blah, not doing much, and checking my ears, nose, tongue. I was just doing what he asked me to do since I had no chance to say anything. Afterwards he said, "I think you don't have an ear infection." I said, "I don't think so either." I went to see him for my balance problem; if he only listened to what I went to see him for, he did not have to do all those unnecessary checking which was already done in the hospital. It's a waste of time. Too bad I'm a grandma, not a baby. I was referred to the wrong place.

Submitted March 20, 2013 | flag

very helpful, understanding. Obviously expert in this field. Always provide details and answers questions in best manner with great professionalism. Our daughter wound not go to other ENT, we tried couple.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

From what I can tell so far, Dr. Dickson is a miracle worker. He performed an adenoid surgery & ear tube insertion on my daughter last month & our lives have been forever changed because of it. Definitely great with children & very skilled at what he does. In particular, I really appreciated his proffessionalism, moral support and the fact that he went the extra mile to thoroughly explain all the "little details" to my husband & I. I do agree that his receptionist could be a bit warmer, but all around he himself is a great doctor! : )

Submitted Oct. 18, 2012 | flag

Have seen Dr. Dickson a couple of times now with my daughter. He was great, very helpful and put our minds at ease. We called with an additional question and he was most helpful.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2012 | flag