Rate Dr. J.M. Dickson

Dr. J.M. Dickson's Ratings

Dr.Dickson was professional and knowledgeable. He was very compassionate while I was struggling with my little girl going into surgery and was very honest and direct with the information required. He was prompt to check in before, during, and after the surgery. My daughter felt very comfortable in his presence. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

I saw this doctor last month for my daughter's ear infections. He explained everything very well and answered my questions. I was happy that I was able to get in fairly quickly. My kid loved the ballon he gave her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612295].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606066].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr.Dickson was great at checking my 3 year old son's tonsils. I had read the negative reviews posted below, and had prepared myself for the worst. However he was completely friendly. Very professional at explaining the procedures to my son and the appointment went smoothly. He providing me with enough information to make an informed decision. I recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589614].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Dr. Dickson was extremely pleasant, friendly and knowledgable! He was informative and straight to the point. His communication skills are on point and he was easy to understand and talk to.
His receptionist was really nice and helpful. I got the address wrong, got lost, called 3 times and was running over 15 minutes late. She was friendly on the phone and very patient with me.
They didn't make us wait, even though we were late. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dickson.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2534005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

People only write on these review boards when they want to complain. Honestly, despite what a few others have said here, I've had a good experience with this doctor. I get that he can't be 100% patient 100% of the time when he deals with noisy kids all day. We've seen this doctor several times for ear infections in my 3 year old. He's been great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2529211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

The worst doctor I have ever encountered. I think he should sorry for his professional training. He treated my 5 year old son extremely rude when he was cleaning my son's ears. When my son’s head moved due to pain, the doctor lost his patient and yelled, "Damnit ."
I was totally shocked and couldn’t say a word. Both my son and I felt that we had been hurt….
After then, the doctor stopped his work immediately and told me to see him after a month when the wax got soft.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525612].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

My 8 year old son just had his adenoids removed and we couldn't be happier with Dr. Dickson and the results. He was very helpful, knowledgeable, respectful and contrary to some previous posts, had great "bedside manners". Dr. Dickson made us feel at ease before and after the operation. My son is now recovering and we are looking forward to his peaceful and restful sleeps. Thank you Dr. Dickson, and kudos to the staff at Surrey Memorial Hospital for taking care of us and making our brief stay comfortable and relatively stress free.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor. I dont know if he had a bad day or if he is always so rushed and impersonal. He was not sensitive with my son at all. I realize that he has to do certain things to check things out but my son is afraid of doctors and was scared of what he was going to do. He spent NO time gaining his trust or explaining to HIM what was going to happen. We were in and out in 15 minutes. (included some talking, nasal spray, check of ears, microscopic camera up nose, prescription...)Felt like he really had no time or care for kids. I dont dispute he knows his stuff but he had no bedside manner, no patience and little respect. Very unfriendly!!! Staff weren't very friendly either. I had heard great things but experienced much different!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][401114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr.Dickson is amazing. My son has had two surgeries with him and both went fantastic. he was great in the appointments as well as at the hospital. He was very helpful and made us feel comfortable and at ease with everything. My son has ADHD and anxiety and can be difficult to manage and he was excellent with him. We have seen many doctors for our son for many different reasons and Dr.Dickson by far is the best we have seen above all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401110].votes_count ]]