You may also like

Rate Dr. Alan D. Keck

Dr. Alan D. Keck's Ratings

This guy was absolutely atrocious. He was demeaning, obnoxious and really nasty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Keck after having had several bad experiences with some other psychologists/counselors in our area. Moving my care over to Dr. Keck was the best thing that I could have done. He made me feel like I was an integral part of and equally responsible for my care. He is the most knowledgeable and helpful mental health professionals that I have encountered. He is one of the few (to include medical doctors) people who took the time to understand rare medical conditions that I have. As I read some of the other reviews, I was a bit surprised at some of the comments because they don't represent an accurate picture of what Dr. Keck is about. As for the paperwork that is required to be signed, it is the standard HIPAA paperwork that is required when seeing any medical professional. It's there to protect the doctor, as well as the patient. There is nothing abnormal in his HIPAA and in fact, he is very conscious of his client's privacy needs; something that I had a problem with in a prior mental health professional. As for the comment about mind games , ending the session if you get upset with him etc. , that couldn't be farther from the truth. There were times, when I first started seeing him, that I was not the easiest client but, I am eternally grateful that he hung in there with me and helped me work through those difficult times. If anyone would like a direct recommendation or, if you have questions, feel free to send me an email: kdm9293 @ gmail.com Dr. Keck is the best of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I was originally referred to Dr Keck by a psychiatrist because he felt a psychologist would help me more than psychiatry. Dr Keck came very highly recommended. At the time, my insurance covered the visits. I have found the sessions to be so helpful that I continued with Dr Keck after my insurance no longer covered the visits. He helps me find my answers for myself, without giving unneeded advice. When I specifically ask for his professional opinion, the answers are knowledgeable and clear. I do get frustrated at times, when in would be easier for me if he would just give me the answer rather than making sure I find it for myself, but this is part of the value of the therapeutic process. I have worked with other counselors and one prior psychologist. Dr Keck is certainly the most knowledgeable, and one of the most helpful. As to the prior reviews, I have not experienced defensiveness or being impersonal during our sessions, and I am not the easiest client.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2358099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

After our first session, I wrote a letter to Dr. Keck that was critical of him and what I saw as his overly lengthy and highly legalistic rights and policies statements. Within two hours of dropping off the letter at his office, Dr. Keck called me to say he didn't think we were a good match and cancelled our second appointment. He didn't otherwise give me a reason or discuss any issues I raised. I was left to believe that he is impersonal and highly defensive and does not really want to help people who are very troubled and emotionally needy or otherwise "difficult" patients who might challenge his comfort level or competence. Actually, he called people he sees "clients." I've always gotten along very well with all my docs, especially my pysch docs. I was stunned and disappointed at finding his a practice that doesn't seem to want to truly help people who have issues or who actually read, wade through, and understand his policies and approach to what he is all about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][404972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Having had several therapists and psychologists in the past, I found Dr. Keck the most knowledgeable and helpful for my problems, while many others had wasted my time and money, or given up. He came highly recommended, and I would give the same high recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][404971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

Plays mind games with you and then denies it to your face. Doesn't offer you useful advice, if any. He tells you nothing you're doing for yourself is helping you without giving alternatives. When you get upset, he chooses to end the session.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][404970].votes_count ]]