Rate Dr. William F. Huggins

Dr. William F. Huggins's Ratings

I am currently expecting and my husband and I absolutely LOVE Dr. Huggins and his staff! I am high risk and he is constantly on top of everything going on with my pregnancy. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better Dr to use! Very pleased with him and his being concerned and willing to answer any question no matter how dumb the question is. I definitely recommend him to any expecting mother!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Have never interacted with a doctor that was so rude and indifferent to the patient's needs. Exhibited a complete lack of professionalism and compassion. Needs to retire!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184081].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014

Dr. Huggins was on call for my OB/GYN (not exactly sure why because he is not a Dr in the practice I go to) but I have surgery scheduled in 6 days and have developed sinus/allergy issues. All of the paperwork I have received from my doctor with all the do's and don'ts does not say anything about over the counter medicines for allergy/sinus issues. It says not to take herbal supplements within 10 days of procedure and not to take aspirin, ibuprofen and things of that nature so I called my doctor's office after hours and left a message for the on call Dr to call me back so that I could ask before taking something that may keep me from having the surgery done that I have been needing to have done for awhile now, and Dr. Huggins was EXTREMELY RUDE and wanted to know why I needed to know this on a Friday night at 10pm? Because I am sick and I work nights and am at work (as a nurse) and need to be alert and feeling well to do my job!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2014

I can understand why he received such high ratings. My first visit was due to a tumor scare & he worked me in that day and spent a lot of time with me. He is funny & quite affectionate. However, I have had a type of in-grown hair, that comes up periodically around my nether-region since puberty (pre-sexually active). Occasionally (once every few years)it becomes infected & I require tub soaks & antibiotics. After seeing him several times I go to him with this problem. He instantly tells me I have herpes (before the test). He biopsied it saying it would be more definitive than a blood test. He did give me antibiotics. It, of course, came back negative!! When he gave me the results he told me the test came back negative but regardless I had herpes & I, most likely, had it for many years without knowing. He was wrong & I have no respect for him now... I cannot bring myself to keep him as a doctor. Plus.. An extemely long wait time caused me to have a UTI post pap exam also...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

For all of the ratings about high risk pregnancies, I want to add one that is not. I feel like BH can work with anybody. I was very low risk and wanted an unmedicated delivery. He seems to be the first person women in this city go to when they want to go drug free. He is very encouraging and worked great with my doula and husband. He allowed me to eat, shower and use the bathroom during my labor and when I was delivering on the floor, he did not make me move, but got down there to catch the baby. I can't say enough great things about him. Eight of my friends (variety of low risk to high risk) have since started seeing him. I can easily overlook that my appointments are delayed, because someone is gettin his undivided attention and when it is my turn I feel like I always receive the same courtesy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2013

Dr. Huggins is a jewel. I have never seen a doctor like him. He was so good to me during my high risk pregnancy. I have a beautiful baby boy now. When my son was in the NICU, Dr. Huggins went and visited him everyday. He cares about his patients and has such a sweet spirit. He is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. His staff is also amazing as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2009

Dr. Huggins has been my doctor for around 20 years and I think he is the best! He is always concerned about my feelings and I have never felt like I was rushed out of his office. Very sweet and caring doctor. I have recommended him to most of my friends and they still go to him as well!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2009

Dr. Huggins is FANTASTIC! He helped me through two high risk pregnancies and successfully helped me delivere two beautiful babies. I would not have survived, and my children would not have survived had it not been for him. I cannot express how great he was to me, my husband and my then unborn children. I could not imagine using anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

I love Dr. Huggins! He is very kind, compassionate, and has a sense of humor. He delivered my first son. He made the experience so enjoyable. He is very knowlegable and I trust his advice completely. He takes the time to ask questions and remembers personal details (not pertaining to gyn.). He is a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2008

Dr. Huggins has been my favorite doctor for over 17 years. That's quite a statement! And when you know we're referring to a gyn... Well, he deserves honors! I've had many rather serious health issues over my life and have seen so many different doctors I could not begin to count. Dr. Huggins has performed two of my surgeries - very successfully, I might add. He is by far the most compassionate, knowledgeble, patient, kind hearted and trust worthy man! In all these years I can only remember one lengthy wait (he was delivering a new angel into this world)! He and his staff are well suited for each other, also! If you are wanting an ob/gyn that you can truly feel comfortable with and trust... look no further!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184075].votes_count ]]