Dr. William F. Huggins

Grad. Year: 1972

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. William F. Huggins has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4709378
31/01/14 1 1 1 1 RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Have never interacted with a doctor that was so rude and indifferent to the patient's needs. Exhibited a complete lack of professionalism and compassion. Needs to retire!  Respond
RID: 4687462
31/01/14 1 1 1 1 Dr. Huggins was on call for my OB/GYN (not exactly sure why because he is not a Dr in the practice I go to) but I have surgery scheduled in 6 days and have developed sinus/allergy issues. All of the paperwork I have received from my doctor with all the do's and don'ts does not say anything about over the counter medicines for allergy/sinus issues. It says not to take herbal supplements within 10 days of procedure and not to take aspirin, ibuprofen and things of that nature so I called my doctor's office after hours and left a message for the on call Dr to call me back so that I could ask before taking something that may keep me from having the surgery done that I have been needing to have done for awhile now, and Dr. Huggins was EXTREMELY RUDE and wanted to know why I needed to know this on a Friday night at 10pm? Because I am sick and I work nights and am at work (as a nurse) and need to be alert and feeling well to do my job!!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "William" to "William F."
RID: 2873149

23/09/13 4 1 3 2 I can understand why he received such high ratings. My first visit was due to a tumor scare & he worked me in that day and spent a lot of time with me. He is funny & quite affectionate. However, I have had a type of in-grown hair, that comes up periodically around my nether-region since puberty (pre-sexually active). Occasionally (once every few years)it becomes infected & I require tub soaks & antibiotics. After seeing him several times I go to him with this problem. He instantly tells me I have herpes (before the test). He biopsied it saying it would be more definitive than a blood test. He did give me antibiotics. It, of course, came back negative!! When he gave me the results he told me the test came back negative but regardless I had herpes & I, most likely, had it for many years without knowing. He was wrong & I have no respect for him now... I cannot bring myself to keep him as a doctor. Plus.. An extemely long wait time caused me to have a UTI post pap exam also...
RID: 2518105
01/01/13 5 3 5 5 For all of the ratings about high risk pregnancies, I want to add one that is not. I feel like BH can work with anybody. I was very low risk and wanted an unmedicated delivery. He seems to be the first person women in this city go to when they want to go drug free. He is very encouraging and worked great with my doula and husband. He allowed me to eat, shower and use the bathroom during my labor and when I was delivering on the floor, he did not make me move, but got down there to catch the baby. I can't say enough great things about him. Eight of my friends (variety of low risk to high risk) have since started seeing him. I can easily overlook that my appointments are delayed, because someone is gettin his undivided attention and when it is my turn I feel like I always receive the same courtesy.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 999822
01/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Huggins is a jewel. I have never seen a doctor like him. He was so good to me during my high risk pregnancy. I have a beautiful baby boy now. When my son was in the NICU, Dr. Huggins went and visited him everyday. He cares about his patients and has such a sweet spirit. He is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. His staff is also amazing as well.
RID: 961254
12/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Huggins has been my doctor for around 20 years and I think he is the best! He is always concerned about my feelings and I have never felt like I was rushed out of his office. Very sweet and caring doctor. I have recommended him to most of my friends and they still go to him as well!
RID: 924302
28/06/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Huggins is FANTASTIC! He helped me through two high risk pregnancies and successfully helped me delivere two beautiful babies. I would not have survived, and my children would not have survived had it not been for him. I cannot express how great he was to me, my husband and my then unborn children. I could not imagine using anyone else.
RID: 718176
08/11/08 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Huggins! He is very kind, compassionate, and has a sense of humor. He delivered my first son. He made the experience so enjoyable. He is very knowlegable and I trust his advice completely. He takes the time to ask questions and remembers personal details (not pertaining to gyn.). He is a great doctor.
RID: 627890
30/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Huggins has been my favorite doctor for over 17 years. That's quite a statement! And when you know we're referring to a gyn... Well, he deserves honors! I've had many rather serious health issues over my life and have seen so many different doctors I could not begin to count. Dr. Huggins has performed two of my surgeries - very successfully, I might add. He is by far the most compassionate, knowledgeble, patient, kind hearted and trust worthy man! In all these years I can only remember one lengthy wait (he was delivering a new angel into this world)! He and his staff are well suited for each other, also! If you are wanting an ob/gyn that you can truly feel comfortable with and trust... look no further!  Respond
RID: 602959
01/06/08 3 5 5 5 Dr. Huggins delivered my second baby and he is the greatest! He is so caring and he has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 311013
06/05/07 4 5 5 Dr. Huggins is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. He is so caring and compasionate and has an excellent bedside manner. I had to have an in office procedure done years ago when I was very young and I was so scared and he made me feel so much better. As the nurse was helping during the procedure he got a cold wet cloth and put it on my forehead and held my hand. He is an angel. The best!!
RID: 279583
14/04/07 5 5 5 i have used dr. huggins for many years, and have always been very impressed with the way he cares for his patients. he is very personable and puts you at ease with his manner. he takes time to answer all your questions and never seems rushed. he seems genuinely concerned about a patient's health and welfare, and if i have a problem or an issue, i trust him completely to explain what's going on and give good advice. i would and have highly recommend him to anyone if they are looking for a compassionate, caring ob/gyn. in fact, i have consulted him on other things, not just ob/gyn items, and have always found him to be caring and concerned. i hope he never retires!
RID: 271500
10/04/07 5 5 5 Dr. Huggins is a wonderful doctor. He is extremely professional, personable, and caring. He takes special care to remember important facts about his patients. I was referred to him for my pregnancy and I have referred him to all of my friends and family as a result. He truly is concerned about his patients well being and he made my pregnancy a wonderful experience as a first time mom. His bedside manner is wonderful and he is such a humble man. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and that is rare with OB/GYN's. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is an excellent doctor.
RID: 268481
09/04/07 3 5 5 Dr. Huggins is the BEST! He made a complicated pregnancy very enjoyable. He is such a caring and down to earth doctor, with the best bedside manner I've ever witnessed. I am so comfortable with this OBGYN, which, as all women know, is VERY important! I cannot say enough good things about this man, and highly recommend him to anyone.