Rate Dr. Joe S. Warshawski

Dr. Joe S. Warshawski's Ratings

Found Dr Warshawski to be unbelievably helpful and responsive. Have heard from many other sources, including several other physicians, that he is absolutely the top rated ENT in Calgary. Based on my experience I totally concur. After 12 years of unremitting sinusitis, surgery and ear problems I believe that Dr Warshawski's therapeutic strategies and recommendations will greatly improve the quality of my life. His staff were also remarkably caring, helpful and responsive. Waiting time was never any longer than I have experienced in other physician's offices. When you go to the best you expect him to be busy.I could not recommend Dr Warshawski or his staff any higher, and if I could I would!

Submitted March 25, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. It was amazing how fast things happened and Dr. Warshawski was very helpful with all of my questions. He reassured me of what I had and what kind it was. He explained to me what he was going to do and what I might expect. I had to wait a little bit in his office and I was about 3 hours late going in for surgery. Everything after the surgery went good and my parathyrodial glands were in good condition after the surgery. The day I was supposed to have my stitches out he had a surgery at another hospital but he made it back to the office to see me and one other patient. Overall he was a great doctor and was very experienced. He was very knowledgable.

Submitted March 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Warshawski is very knowledgeable and thorough in his examination and treatment. He makes time to clearly answer all my questions. I find him to be very prompt in his schedule.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

LOVED HIM!!! Went to see Dr.Warshawski with a diagnosis of Thyroid cancer. He was very knowledgable, witty, straight to the point. He told me exactly what I needed to hear good and bad. He gave me his strong professional reccomendation on how he thought I should proceed with my illness with out a million options to stress out over. He was a fantastic surgeon I have a very small clean scar. He had wonderful bedside manner before I went into surgery and came to visit me in recovery to update me. I found him charming, intelligent, witty, personable and generally just a lovely guy. I did NOT at any time find him arrogant, egotistical, rude or unprofessional...perhaps the people who thought this need to lighten up! He was great to deal with through my ordeal and feel nothing but gratitude that I had him as my doctor.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2011 | flag

I will forever be grateful to this doctor not for saving my life but saving the quality of my life as well.

Submitted June 15, 2011 | flag

He is very skilled and knowledgeable; he is forthright, tells you like it is; he has a dry sense of humour; my surgery and recovery went as he advised it would; no surpises; the nurses on the hospital ward spoke very favourably about him--he acres about his patients. I was very happy my family doctor referred me to Dr. Warshawski; be prepared to spend time in the waiting room when you go in for appointments.

Submitted June 6, 2010 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Warshawski to correct a deviated septum from an injury that had triggered sleep apnea. As warned by my GP, it took a bit to get in to see him, and he was blunt and to the point. He doesn't beat around the bush, he gets right to the point. He performed a Septoplasty on me in the summer which was so successful it ended the sleep apnea. At my post-op apptmt, I requested a Tonsillectomy as I should have had my tonsils out as a child, but it never happened. He warned it would be the worst pain in my life. Pain was horrible, but worth it. Can ask him any question and he will answer. Listen to his advice, not what junk you're told by the media and you'll be fine. Incredible bedside as long as you realize he's not there to hold your hand. He's got a dry sense of humor, which can be interesting. Overall, Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and talented. Blunt and to the point. Knows his stuff! Wish he did children still. Receptionist is a sweetheart and very accommodating!

Submitted Dec. 6, 2009 | flag

I was told by my endocrinologist that Dr. Warshawski was the best thyroid surgeon in Calgary and that although it might take me a while to get in to see him, it is well worth it. He did a thyroid lobectomy on me in April 2009 and was absolutely fantastic from my first consultation with him, through my surgery, and following up. He lets you know what the risks are and what to expect, is very thorough, positive and reassuring. I appreciate his upfront attitude and his sense of humour throughout all of the encounters I have had with him. Yes, he is often far behind in his appointments and I would recommend bringing work to do while you wait (I waited for 1.5 hours to get stitches removed) but his expertise is something that I could not have done without. All in all, from first consult to surgery the wait was only 6 weeks, which was awesome seeing as it took me 4 months of waiting for a referral. My tip: book in the morning, he's less likely to be SUPER far behind :)

Submitted Oct. 15, 2009 | flag

Dr. W is exteremly rude and arrogant. Terrible beside manner. Shows no compassion at all. He obviously is not happy with what he is doing, maybe retiring would be the best option!!

Submitted June 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. W. is extremely rude and arrogant. He made fun of my condition and even suggested that my mother must have hit me with a 2x4! This is not humor..it is bad doctoring. I felt degraded. He did nothing to help me and I still have my condition which my GP is now dealing with. I would not go to him again.

Submitted June 17, 2009 | flag