Dr. Jody E. Gilstrap

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Jody E. Gilstrap has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does dr prescribe narcotics freely?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5211059
25/02/14 2 5 3 3 The office space is nice and clean! Wait time is minimum. Staff seem uneducated but are friendly. Lab staff poor technique and always playing on their cell phones or other personal matters. I have never had a good experience with lab. Dr. Gilstrap is the most caring physician. He is honest and works diligently in caring for each patient.
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1
RID: 3632056
14/12/13 5 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor. Super smart, and very friendly. Easy to get an appointment with him. He is our go-to guy!
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 3628529
09/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Gilstrap spends time with his patients, and ensures they understand their medical diagnoses and medications. He also listens. I've been to doctors who don't care to understand their patients, and are only looking for the bottom line... money. Dr Gilstrap has never made me feel this way. I highly recommend him and his practice! Jarred has always taken the time to get me prepared for the visit, and Barbara and Cyndi are wonderful out front!
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 3628265
09/12/13 5 4 5 5 Great location! Very friendly staff!
RID: 3626954
07/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gilstrap and his staff is the best! I have lived in several different states and I have never been in such a "put together" office as this one. Dr. Gilstrap and his nurses Jarred and April took the best of care with me. They are so friendly and helpful. When I checked out to leave Barbara and Cyndi answered all my questions concerning the patient portal and my next appointment. By the time I left they actually had me looking forward to my next visit! Great great great office!!!
RID: 3624784
04/12/13 5 5 5 5 Very good "bedside manner". Thorough and patient. Spends as much time with me as need. Very caring!
RID: 3623410
03/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gilstrap is knowledgeable and trustworthy. He is courteous, listens and makes an accurate diagnosis.
RID: 3622320
01/12/13 5 3 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Gilstrap. Time waiting has been over an hour at times, but rarely. He could still improve on promptness to appt. time.
RID: 3618417
25/11/13 5 5 5 5 In addition to being very kind and patient, we think Dr. Gilstrap is also an excellent physician.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 3616645
22/11/13 5 5 5 5 doctor seems very concerned about patients. He is very polite and friendly.
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jody" to "Jody E."
RID: 1542197
20/09/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Gilstrap is the best primary care physician I have had in years. He has great listening skills and will take the time to dig into more complex things.
RID: 1025343
03/11/09 1 4 5 5 Dr. Gilstrap is really good and he takes the time to listen. He seems to really care. Has helped me more than other doc's I have been to. His staff... another story! I am looking for another doctor. His front office staff is cold and impersonal. His nurse is either really nice or irritated at your presence, mostly irritated. Can not get a message to him for an answer, any answer. Always told I need to schedule an appointment (even though I just saw him) for a simple yes or no question. Do not want to pay a co-pay for a "yes" or "no". Really like him but there has got to be a better practice!