Rate Dr. Omar Nazif

Dr. Omar Nazif's Ratings

I was sent to him for possible kidney cancer. He agreed with the assessment, but took his sweet time ordering a biopsy on it- and ordered the wrong imaging for it! After the radiology department failed to complete the biopsy I was sent home. I tried to contact the DR to discuss how upsetting this entire experience was. Couldn't get past his secretary. I was told " the doctor does NOT talk to patients on the phone". A month later they fit me in to talk to him about it. He reordered the biopsy but not as urgent. I waited an extra 3 months for it to be done by CT. He promised he'd call with my results. 16 months later I'm still waiting.
I got my results from my GP after anxiously waiting 10 days. It was cancer all right. I requested a new surgeon and within 6 weeks my cancer was removed. Dr Nazif is horrible with followup. I'm still p*ssed off over a year later that he took forever to get my testing done (had kidney tumor sitting there for 7 months before finally having surgery). I wouldn't recommend this jackass. I haven't even mentioned the ridiculous waits in the office. 2 hours twiddling your thumbs was average.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Excellent surgeon. removed my kidney and the after surgery pain was minimal. Now 18 months cancer free. Dr. Nazif is professional, upbeat, caring, and an exceptional surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Fantastic Doctor. Very professional and attentive. He performed major surgery on me 7 years ago and, considering all of the pre-existing problems, did an absolutely fantastic job. His follow up care was excellent- I would recommend (and I have) Dr. NAZIF to my friends.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2488844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

We came to Dr. Nazif after being disappointed by my mom's previous Urologist who she had been seeing for 15 yrs. Dr Nazif gave the best first impression ever. He is the most kind and well spoken doctor I've ever met, and I have met A LOT of doctors since my mom has been ill for a very long time now. I can give an example of Dr. Nazif's kindness. When he had told me and my mom that my mom had cancer for the third time, he noticed that I was upset, so he called our family doctor to ask her to make sure that my mom and I were doing good emotionally. He then called our house and spoke to my mom and I personally. Dr Nazif operated on two tumors on my mom in one surgery and while she was recovering in the hospital, he came to visit every single morning at the same exact time. It has been about three months since my mom's surgery and we visit Dr. Nazif every three months and he is still as amazing as ever. I've met rude doctors and this dr and his staff are nowhere near rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

Dr. Nazif had the most amazing "bedside manner" I've seen in any doctor. He was very well spoken, compassionate and reassuring. However he did not help me with my problem and thus I'm back with my GP trying to get things figured out. I too had a cystoscopy which after reading other reviews here, makes me think it might have been overkill considering the amount of pain I was in afterwards. His office assistant is ok but I think they are under a lot of pressure these days given our overburdened health-care system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2358608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Nazif I believe is very good at what he does however he lacks compassion and empathy from my experience with him. His receptionist is the same. We are hoping to be able to see a different urologist who has the qualities Dr. Nazif lacks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

One of the best Doctor's I have ever been to. Caught my prostate cancer in the very early stages and now I am cancer free. He saved my life. It has been exactly two years since I had my surgery. I recommend Dr. Omar to everyone I can who is in need of a Urologist. He is the best and talk about bedside manner. So easy to talk too and really takes the time to explain things.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

Wow this doctor is amazing. Discovered advanced prostate cancer when previously a year earlier another doctor failed to detect. Got me into the hospital right away and probably saved my life. His receptionist always cheerful and he is always honest, compassionate and knowledgeable. Almost 2 years cancer free with my fingers crossed hmmm. ....... And maybe my toes too. How do you repay someone with such a large commitment and dedication in such an important area of medicine?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

Absolutely wonderful to deal with. Imparts information extremely well and answers all and any questions in a straight forward and professional manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

I found the staff to be very polite, friendly and helpful. This was my first time to the office. Dr. Nazif listened to my concerns and addressed the next steps of treatment.He was very thorough & professional.I did not have long wait times to obtain the required testing.I will definitely use the services of Dr. Nazif again if required.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412387].votes_count ]]