Rate Dr. Rebecca A. Zuurbier

Dr. Rebecca A. Zuurbier's Ratings

I was seen by Dr. Zuurbier in 2002 at Georgetown hospital. I was recently diagnosed with stage 1B/2A breast cancer and was pretty unnerved to say the least. Dr. Zuurbier was a Godsend to me. She was extremely capable, compassionate, knowledgeable and skilled. Her words to me were so helpful and such a blessing and I have never forgotten her or her excellent care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

I met Dr Zuurbier under the most stressful of circumstances-- she was to place the two wires in my breast for my cancer surgery two hours later that day. Due to a second site that was reviewed by seven other radiologists and so vague they could not biopsy it, it was determined the surgeon would remove it in addition to the first cancerous site. Placing the guide wire for the second site was challenging. I cannot imagine having a more wonderful radiologist doing it. She apologized for taking so long, even though I already knew this calcification was "baffling' 'confusing' 'vague' to others who had viewed it on film and knew it would take extra time. Dr Z keep me informed of everything she was doing and why in a calm, direct, knowledgeable way, delivered with incredible warmth. I will always appreciate her skill and kindness that morning. I got the best of care from Dr Zuurbier and have enormous confidence in her judgment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

Dr. Zuurbier is the only radiologist I will see from now on. She spent an inordinate amount of time with me, and I found her to be compassionate, friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly skilled and thorough. Because I was misdiagnosed by FRC for 5 years, not because of "occult" cancer, but because of erroneous stereo biopsies and misterpretation of 7 cms worth of "benign appearing calcifications" that weren't benign, I was very skeptical going in. Dr. Zuurbier was amazing in answering all my questions. Her exam report was detailed and well reasoned, and she personally took my questions related to surgical options to her tumor board to get answers from Sibley's oncoplastic surgeon and pathologist. She called me a couple of times to follow-up on the results of her review and the input from her tumor board. She has earned my trust, and I, like previous reviewers, will travel from VA to see only her and will follow her whereever she practices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2013

One of the very best and deeply compassionate. We are so lucky to have her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Zuurbier was able to perform a stereotactic biopsy on me that a doctor at Holy Cross Hospital, after several very uncomfortable attempts, was NOT able to perform. Dr. Zuurbier and her nurse Cindy were very kind, knowing that I was feeling very stressed after my previous experience at Holy Cross. Dr. Zuurbier explained exactly what the procedure would be and took her time to make sure I felt no discomfort or stress. When the biopsy results were available, she called me herself to tell me the results and what my next step should be. She couldn't have been kinder in addition to being very capable and gentle. I wouldn't consider going to anyone else should I ever need to have this exam done again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I always have a bit of hesitation when going in for yearly mammograms. The process itself doesn't bother me, it is the possible information that could affect my future. There are many options,radiologists here in VA, but I insist on going into DC for Dr. Zuurbier.As a consumer, I look for bargains on clothes and travel, but when it comes to health, I need brillant. Dr Zuurbier, is just that.She really is an A -Team doctor who establishes relationships with her patients, is respectable of questions and concerns, puts one at ease, and by far is one on the best"readers" in the area. As a person involved in research, I am highly confident to trust myself to such a caring doctor. Also, many of my friends, have used my recommendation and have high regard and trust for Dr. Zuurbier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2012

Dr. Zuurbier and her staff are top notch--without question. I have had several mammograms, breast ultrasounds, and a needle aspiration of a cyst over the past few years. Through it all, I was treated with kindness, respect, and a welcome dose of humor to ease my stress. The evaluation was thorough and I accepted the extra views required to ensure that the results were accurate. Dr. Zuurbier is extremely well qualified both in terms of her educational credentials and her extensive experience. If your tests are negative, you leave with the confidence that nothing was missed. If they find a suspicious area, they are dogged in following it up to make sure you get the best care possible. In my view, the screening program is the best one in the area and I have the peace of mind knowing that I got state-of-the-art imaging, expert radiologic interpretation of the films, and compassionate care. For that, I am very grateful to these wonderful professionals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

Dr. Zuurbier is an extraordinary, compassionate, highly skilled, gifted, and trusted physician. She performed the needle biopsy that established my breast cancer diagnosis 7 yrs ago, and she has read all of my mammograms and performed all of my sonograms every year since then. I would never see any other doctor. I am involved in the biomedical research field, and I have sent all of my friends and colleagues to her. Her reputation in the field is stellar. She is a consummate professional who manages to also exude warmth and humor. I trust her implicitly and have the highest regard for her skill and her compassion for her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

I have had many years of experience dealing with Dr.Zuurbier, and would never consider dealing with another radiologist. She is extremely knowledgeable, and I have absolute trust in her. Her facility at Sibley is "state of the art" and Dr. Zuurbier's staff is very professional. I have had mammograms at other facilities which were very impersonal. It took weeks to get results, where Dr. Zuurbier and her team would give you the results either immediately or by mail within a day or so.If you are uncomfortable, in any way having a mammogram, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Zuurbier

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2012

Dr, Zuurbier is a superb, compassionate, dedicated and brilliant doctor, and she is an equally fine human being. She is extremely well-respected and has trained at the top hospitals in the world. . She is the mammographer that other doctors around the country send their films to for second opinions. With Dr. Zuurbier, I feel 100% confident that my mammogram will be read correctly and with great care. Because I work on medical malpractie cases, I know that "failure to diagnose breast cancer" is all too common. That's why I will only go to Dr. Zuurbier for my mammogram, and why all my friends will only see her as well. We all followed her when she went from Georgetown to Sibley many eyars ago, and if she should ever leave Sibley, we'd all follow her wherever she goes. So many women in the DC area owe their lives to Dr. Zurrbier's early diagnoses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412724].votes_count ]]