You may also like

Rate Dr. Price M. Kloess

Dr. Price M. Kloess's Ratings

I could not be more impressed with Dr. Kloess and his staff. I came to him because of all of the great things my friends said about him and I was so pleased to find they were true! He made my eye surgery so easy and I cannot remember seeing this well. He clearly explained all of my options. I asked about an expensive lens I had heard about but he said I was not a candidate for this. I appreciated his honesty and the money he saved me. I am so thankful for Dr. Kloess and recommend him to all of my friends and family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Very caring physician. Excellent staff. I went to see him because of all of the wonderful things said about him on the internet and they were true. He spent a lot of time explaining my condition and performed my eye surgery. It was painless and I am seeing beautifully. I highly recommend Dr. Kloess and his staff to all of my friends and family. His great reputation is well deserved!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

I went for a routine eye exam in February 2015 after a recommendation from my family doctor. The staff and technician who checked my eyes were excellent. Dr. Kloess was awful.

He barely spoke or explained anything about the condition of my eyes during and after the exam. When I asked questions, he answered in short quips, obviously with no intent to converse about my eyes. I didn't want a dissertation. Nor did I want to socialize. But the least I could expect is one minute of feedback.

He then recommended a special contact lens for my condition without discussion of other options; which was a glaring oversight on his part after I later discovered my insurance won't cover the $800 cost. He then called me out in the hall to go to the contact fitting, and just silently walked away to the next patient. I didn't realize the appointment was over until he walked away without saying anything.

I understand doctors are busy and sometimes come across as insensitive. But the outright arrogance and lack of concern of Dr. Kloess was insulting.

I decided to make a follow-up appointment to discuss my eye exam results, since I felt cheated out of hearing the condition of my eyes from him the first visit. The staff called the day of the appointment to cancel because he had to catch a flight that afternoon. To his credit, the staff member said he was willing to call me on the phone before leaving , but I was going to be in meetings all afternoon.

When I asked if they could estimate at least what hour he might call so I could watch for it on my phone, they said he couldn't do that. Doctors should understand although patients may not have their same level of responsibility, they nonetheless have obligations for which they are held accountable and must fulfill, regardless of the doctor's schedule. It seems a little sensitivity and flexibility on his part would have allowed us to briefly discuss my results.

Meanwhile, this staff member, while courteous, added insult to injury repeating that Dr. Kloess recommended the same contact lenses, which I had already told her I couldn't afford, which in part was the reason for my follow-up appointment.

While apparently a competent doctor based on other reviews, I found Price Kloess to be an aloof, arrogant person who unfortunately fits the stereotype of an uncaring doctor interested only in rushing through as many patients as he can see. Gilbert Nicholson

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

This has to be one of the greatest doctors I have ever visited. Dr. Kloess and his staff were fantastic! I plan on using them for many many years to come. I would recommend Dr. Kloess to ANYONE! Loved it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1186565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

I received LASIK from Dr. Kloess approximately 6 years ago. The night before the procedure he gave me some eye drops that turned out to be a drug in the same class that I told him I was highly allergic to. I was in the emergency room the night before the procedure with very painful and swollen eyes. I called Dr. Kloess immediately to let him know of my issue, he still wanted me to come in the morning so he could examine my eyes. My father and I told him we would like to wait on the procedure for the best results. He told us that there was nothing wrong with my eyes and that he wouldn't do anything to me that he wouldn't do to his own children. So we trusted him. He caused major damage to my eyes. This was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I have been to several specialist that told me he made a big mistake doing the surgery while my eyes were still inflamed from the eye drops. I still have problems with my eyes.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1186567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Was obviously obviously obviously trying to push a more expensive lens than I could afford. I didn't want it but he talked me into it anyway. WORST decision I have made. I had to pay another doctor to have it removed. UGH!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1186564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I asked my Sunday School class who they recommended for cataract surgery. Dr. Kloess was mentioned by virtually everyone. I was so impressed when I met him. I could tell he really cared. He did my surgery over a year ago and I could not be happier. I don't even need glasses anymore. I am so thankful for Dr. Kloess!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1186563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

Dr. Kloess was referred to me by my best friend who had had LASIK and was thrilled. Before seeing him, I heard he was voted the favorite Eye Surgeon in Birmingham. After meeting him and having my surgery I now know why. He was fantastic and my vision is incredible! I recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1186562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Superb results after LASIK. I have not seen this well in years. Dr. Kloess has an excellent reputation. Everyone said he was the one to go to and now I know it is true!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1186561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I am so happy with my vision. Thank you Dr. Kloess and your wonderful staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1186560].votes_count ]]