Rate Dr. Peter M. Grossi

Dr. Peter M. Grossi's Ratings

Dr. Grossi is a very knowledgeable doctor. He took the time to explain every detail of my MRI - in very simple terms. I never felt pushed to have surgery. He gave me several options to try but and explained the pros and cons of each one. I decided to have surgery because I had a bone spur as well as a herniated disc in the same location - C6 & C7 pushing on my spinal cord. My procedure was Anterior Cervical Diskectomy and Fusion. Dr. Grossi and his staff are amazing. He came back to my room about 9 pm that evening to check on me after having diner with his family. I was so impressed with Duke Raleigh Hospital. This has been a positive experience for me. After surgery, all of my strength returned, the numbness was gone and I felt so much better. If you're looking for a neurosurgeon that you can trust, I encourage you to see Dr. Peter Grossi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Did not seem knowledgeable about what he saw on MRI and was unable to provide an adequate explanation for why my mother was not a candidate for surgery. At her physician's request, we are seeking a second opinion from another neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Had Surgery T-1 T-2 graft and appliance. Dr. Grossi is awesome. He takes time with patients. He explains and answers questions. Unlike other Drs he is not condescending. He is quality all the way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

I have Chiari 1 Malformation and really did my homework in selecting a NS. Chiari is a strange diagnosis and not as common as other neurological conditions; consequently not all NS's have a lot of experience with it. I learned that Dr. Grossi routinely does this surgery, and lucky for me, right here in my own backyard. My surgery was done at Duke Raleigh which is a satellite hospital within the Duke system. Dr Grossi is an excellent surgeon, a very, very nice man, and obviously cares about his patients. I am 6 wks post op and feel better than I have in several years. He explained every step of the process and made sure my expectations were realistic - I am happy to say they were exceeded! Dr. Grossi has an excellent reputation both in and outside the medical arena. Several medical professionals to whom I mentioned his name immediately stated that he was well respected by his peers. Both a nurse and an anesthesiologist told me they referred their own family members to him...enough said!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2358984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

He is one of the most talented doctors in his profession that I have ever encountered. He explained everything he was going to do and it came out perfect. My neck has never felt this good in thirty years. I would go back to him in a minute if needed. I recommend him to anyone for a neurosurgeon. Top of the best in the country.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2358983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr. Grossi is the most thorough, kind and skilled surgeon I've ever had. He performed a discectomy and fusion in my neck. From my initial consult with Dr. Grossi through my post-op appointment he and his staff have been top-notch. Every question I had was answered in detail but in terms that I could understand. He went through my MRI and XRay images with me frame by frame so that I could see the exact problems he was diagnosing, both on the day of my consult and again post-op to see the results. . Dr. Grossi performed my surgery at noon but made the time to come to my hospital room that night at 10pm to check in on me. I can't put in to words how kind this man is. I fully trust his knowledge and skills, but his bedside manner is what really puts him in the top 1% of all doctors that have ever treated me. My surgery was successful with no complications! I hope that I will never have the need to see a neurosurgeon again, but if I do it will be an easy decision on who I'm calling. Bravo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

Dr. Grossi was fantastic! He took the time to answer all of my questions and was very knowledgeable about my condition. He was very careful in explaining the procedure he would use in terms that I could understand. I would recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

I went to Dr. Grossi for a second opinion for possible neck surgery. He explained my situation in a way that was very easy to understand. Dr. Grossi spent plenty of time with me and made sure that I understood what I would face with recovery. After years of pain, I decided to go ahead with the surgery. Dr. Grossi and his staff were caring, professional and more than I could ask for in a hospital and office setting. I always felt like I was a person that mattered rather than just another patient. I would recommend Dr. Grossi to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Grossi and staff were fantastic. Very helpful in answering all questions, explaining issues and greatly assisted me in determining to proceed with surgery. Available at any time. Dr. Grossi was recommended to me by a friend and would, without hesitation, refer others to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

All the horror stories about back surgery made me delay surgery, endure pain and begin to accept that I would never be fully active again. Finally, the point came when I was having constant pain while awake whether I was standing or sitting. Then my sleep was being interrupted by pain in the middle of the night. I finally scheduled the XLIF surgical procedure. The day after surgery all my pain was gone. Why did I wait so long to have this surgery? I feel so strong now. If I was able to be successful in my running, racing and competitions before surgery, imagine what I can do now post-surgery. I cannot thank Dr. Grossi enough for giving me back my pain-free active life again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418101].votes_count ]]