You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter M. Grossi

Dr. Peter M. Grossi's Ratings

Outstanding treatment from A - Z. I have already exceeded Dr. Grossi's conservative predictions of the likely success in relieving pain and overall comfort level achieved by the surgery. The pre op physical therapy was very helpful in strengthening my legs to prepare me for squatting rather than bending over. After 40 years of almost constant back pain, I am now nearly pain free. I rate Dr. Grossi and his entire staff 10+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

He was an amazing surgeon. Very informative, only bad thing is the after care. He could send you to a good neurologist who understands your condition before he says you just have to not come back. But other than that everything went great with him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2705591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

Dr. Grossi is truly exceptional in every facet of his profession. In our first meeting he carefully explained my conditioned, informed me of my options and gave me his recommendations. I felt very confident in proceeding with a lumbar fusion. Following surgery I am now free of pain and on my way to a complete recovery. Dr. Grossi's expertise, care and follow-up were so impressive. Equally impressive are his staff and the care that I received from the Neurological unit at Duke Raleigh Hospital. I deeply appreciate everything that he did for me and highly recommend him to anyone with back pain. Jerry Krier - Surgery 11/12/2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2657980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

I was so impressed with my initial meeting with Dr. Grossi that I made the appointment for my lumbar fusion that same day. He explained very thoroughly what he could do to relieve the pain and discomfort I was experiencing for over two years and he did so in a professional, friendly and confident way. The proof of his expertise is in the result that followed the surgery.
I am now free of the neurological pain I previously had and look forward to a complete recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Grossi. If he says he can help you, he will. He is the BEST of the best and can be trusted with complete confidence. His staff and hospital are as committed to excellence as he is. Hal Silver - Date of surgery 09/29/2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

You never know how accurate these ratings are until you actually see the doctor yourself. After visiting with Dr. Grossi I can say that everything you read on here about how good of a doctor he is is TRUE. He spent a long time with me, explaining my condition and recommended that I NOT have surgery. He said that either a spinal cord stimulator or nerve ablation should help my condition. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Grossi.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2592323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr. Grossi is a very knowledgeable doctor. He took the time to explain every detail of my MRI - in very simple terms. I never felt pushed to have surgery. He gave me several options to try but and explained the pros and cons of each one. I decided to have surgery because I had a bone spur as well as a herniated disc in the same location - C6 & C7 pushing on my spinal cord. My procedure was Anterior Cervical Diskectomy and Fusion. Dr. Grossi and his staff are amazing. He came back to my room about 9 pm that evening to check on me after having diner with his family. I was so impressed with Duke Raleigh Hospital. This has been a positive experience for me. After surgery, all of my strength returned, the numbness was gone and I felt so much better. If you're looking for a neurosurgeon that you can trust, I encourage you to see Dr. Peter Grossi.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2589286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Did not seem knowledgeable about what he saw on MRI and was unable to provide an adequate explanation for why my mother was not a candidate for surgery. At her physician's request, we are seeking a second opinion from another neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2582425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Had Surgery T-1 T-2 graft and appliance. Dr. Grossi is awesome. He takes time with patients. He explains and answers questions. Unlike other Drs he is not condescending. He is quality all the way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

I have Chiari 1 Malformation and really did my homework in selecting a NS. Chiari is a strange diagnosis and not as common as other neurological conditions; consequently not all NS's have a lot of experience with it. I learned that Dr. Grossi routinely does this surgery, and lucky for me, right here in my own backyard. My surgery was done at Duke Raleigh which is a satellite hospital within the Duke system. Dr Grossi is an excellent surgeon, a very, very nice man, and obviously cares about his patients. I am 6 wks post op and feel better than I have in several years. He explained every step of the process and made sure my expectations were realistic - I am happy to say they were exceeded! Dr. Grossi has an excellent reputation both in and outside the medical arena. Several medical professionals to whom I mentioned his name immediately stated that he was well respected by his peers. Both a nurse and an anesthesiologist told me they referred their own family members to him...enough said!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2358984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

He is one of the most talented doctors in his profession that I have ever encountered. He explained everything he was going to do and it came out perfect. My neck has never felt this good in thirty years. I would go back to him in a minute if needed. I recommend him to anyone for a neurosurgeon. Top of the best in the country.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2358983].votes_count ]]