Rate Dr. Jeannie MacGillvray

Dr. Jeannie MacGillvray's Ratings

A very skilled surgeon, professional, sensitive to fears, explains everything out so I knew exactly what to expect. Sincere and genuinely compassionate in her duties. We in the strait area are so fortunate to have such a highly skilled professional medical person in our community. Review based on an inguinal hernia repair jan 7,2013. Thank you Dr Jeannie

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

We are blessed to have Dr MacGillivary in Antigonish. I recently had surgery and she took the time to fully explain the procedure putting my mind at ease. It was successful and I am most appreciative.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2012

I am sorry to say,that three years ago I went into Dr.Macgillvary,for a routine operration,that almost cost me my life.after the operation I had a feeling something was wrong,but was rushed out of there,only to be back in the hospital two days later with the most unbearable pain.2wks later I was sent to Halifax to have three more operations to correct her mistake,and spent 3wks there recopperating.Her mistake and manner towards me was horrilbe making it seem that it was my fault,and that I was a making up the pain i was enduring.i can only hoped she learned from this situation

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2011

Dr. Jeannie MacGillvray is without a doubt the BEST surgeon I have ever had. She is very pleasing to the eyes, and she dresses very professional. Her voice and tone is very calming for those of you who get nervous when they see a surgeon. On that note be prepared because she is straight forward and explains everything in detail from the best case scenario, to the worst case scenario. She is honest and will not beat around the bush. She is always willing to listen and answer any of her patient’s and or their spouses’ questions or concerns which they may have. Trust me she will not rush you out the door, until you are clear on everything. Her office staff is both knowledgeable and very accommodating. (Keep in mind her assistant has many more customers to deal with than just you, so be patient and show some respect to the assistant. Besides she’s the one who books the appointments and surgery dates)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Dr. MacGillvray is a very professional and knowledgeable surgeon. I just completed a procedure with her - she was extremely kind and caring. She took the time to explain everything step by step. Antigonish is very blessed to have such a wonderful skilled surgeon !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2011

She is a fantastic doctor! She is very knowledgeable and has an excellent bedside manner. We are very lucky to have her at St.Martha' Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. MacGillvray is an excellent doctor. She goes above and beyond the call of duty by scheduling her time to suit the patient's needs. St. Martha's Hospital is lucky to have this exceptional professional on staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2010

Wonderfully warm and caring doctor, and for something so invasive and personal as colonoscopies, she is as good as it gets. Seems dedicated to her patients comfort and well being. Always in good humour, and willing to answer the most trivial or in depth question. Really happy to have been referred to her, and have seen her for more than one procedure over 3 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2009

I had herina surgey in the groin last week, by Dr Macgillvary, she was excellent, she explained how she would do the operation,and so on, after surgery there was no pain no swelling, a little brusin, and there was no need for medication, everything went great , she is again an excellent surgen, Great Job Dr MacGillivray. Lauchie Pottie

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2009

Dr. MacGillvary saved my life and I will never ever forget her, she stepped over the lines of her practice for me and just took care of me . I had breast cancer that went to stag 2 and in the lyph nodes because my Family Doctor ignored the dimpling. God bless her , you people in NS have no idea how lucky you are to have her. She is the most thoughtful caring and gentle Doctor I've ever met, I was devastated when I heard she was leaving. If you ever read this Jeannie please know you are loved and my thoughts and prayers and thankfullness are with you every day. I only hope you are happy where you are and that all is good for you because you deserve only the best, One of your patients in Guelph, GOD BLESS YOU !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1192824].votes_count ]]