Rate Dr. Christine M. Riley

Dr. Christine M. Riley's Ratings

I was 34 weeks and she was trying to find a reason to deliver. I came back two weeks later and she tried it again. Everything looked good but I had high fluid. They pushed the scare tactics on me. They kept telling me that my baby had a good chance of dying and it had a 100% chance of going to NICU because my blood sugar was supposedly so out of control. The nurse that took care of me that night told me that if I go home and my water breaks that the baby will die and that she hoped my blood pressure went up so they would force me to have the baby. I fired Dr. Riley that night. I went home rested for a couple days went into labor at 37 weeks, no NICU and a beautiful HEALTHY baby. Glad I followed my instincts. After I delivered I had the joy of the hospital social worker to come in and question me about my anti-anxiety meds that were PRESCRIBED to me that I was taking because my Grandma passed away and Dr. Riley refused to believe that I had anxiety from it. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Was referred to Dr. Riley after having a rare problem with Fibroid Tumors that was causing major health issues. My file and test results were sent to her prior to my visit. She walks into the exam room and announces to my mother and myself..."So you have Ovarian Cancer". I nearly fell off the table and my mother immediately began to cry. Upon telling her that "I wasn't aware I had Ovarian Cancer" she looked again at my record and said..."OH I thought that was your problem?" Luckily she decided to refer me to IU Medical Center in Indianapolis for surgery. BUT while waiting for my appointment she called with test results indicating that I did indeed have cancer. After my husband and I spending the evening crying, she called the next day to say that she was sorry that she mis-read the results! Of course, I did not have Ovarian Cancer and I considered her to be an absolute QUACK!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Riley is one of the best in her field. I had random things happen throughout my pregnancy(8 weeks pregnant and no positive pregnancy test, car accident, and a cyst in my spinal column) she took all of these things in stride and provided very good treatment. If she did not know the answer to something she researched it and spoke to other doctors. While she is very busy, I never felt like I wasn't important. I knew I would have to have a csection under general anesthesia(for the spinal issue) and at 37 weeks my blood pressure started jumping around. She immediately had me admitted. She also had an amnio done to make sure the babies lungs were mature before delivering. She is very cautious, but not so by the book that she doesnt listen. I will definitely continue to see doctor Riley in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

This doctor completely ruined by birthing experience...something that I can never get back. She decided to induce me at 37 weeks, not for a medical reason, but because she was going on vacation. I was very concerned about this because I had heard horror stories about pitocin, etc. and she assured me that she would simply break my water and my labor would progress. Well what do you know...I ended up with the highest amount of pitocin they could give me without risk of hemorrhaging and then an emergency c-section. The reason in my medical report for my c-section was noted as "bicornuate uterus with septum."I always felt like this was fabricated to cover herself because she knew that she had induced me too soon and that had resulted in a c-section.I moved to Indy and found an amazing fertility specialist who performed an SIS and HGC and found that I DO NOT HAVE A BICORNUATE UTERUS OR A SEPTUM.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She ruined the most special day of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Dr`Riley delivered our first 2 children (if we hadn't moved, she would have deliverd our 3rd!) She is pleasant, kind, understanding,explains things well, and is on top of things. She went out of her way to be available to us. I had complications each time--they were handled quickly, efficiently and w/o harm to the baby or myself. I would recommend her to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2010

Dr. Riley is by far one of the worst OB's I have ever seen. I had serious gynecological issues and her only method of treatment was to continually put me on different types of birth control, not once did she ever try to find out what the actual problem was. When I finally moved and got another doctor I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I suffered years of pain for no reason because of her. She was also very rushed when she would walk into the appointment and I always left feeling like none of my questions were answered. I would never recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2009

In my opinion Dr. Riley is by far one of the best OB/GYN in the Evansville area. She has a wonderful personality and truly cares about her patients. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor to deliver my first child. The day I delivered my son was Dr. Rileys day off; she cancelled her family plans to come in a deliver my son. I can't thank her enough for caring for us enough to do that. I would recommend her to anyone for any reason whether it be gynecological or obstetrics!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. Riley is the best doctor I have ever had. I wish she was an internal medicine and pediatric doctor as well. I've been seeing her for several years now - she saw me through infertility treatments, a wonderful pregnancy, and delivery of my son. She is the best in her field!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2009

Always friendly and I never feel like I'm getting blown off. Very cautious doctor especially during my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

Ok. My first impression about the doctor was very positive. She was very patient with our questions. Never arrogant or anything. However we had serious problems at the time of delivery. The amniotic fluids in my utarus had drained out. Dr Riley should have realized that when we went for the routine visit but she did not. Also the baby was way underweight because of malnurishment. All these things should have been caught by her during our routine examinations but she said everything was fine. Our baby never recovered from the weight problem and malnourishment he suffered while inside the uterus and is still underweight after year and a half. I dont think she has the necessary experiance, skills or the cautionary approach required by an OB. Also she does not perform the surgery herself, she got it done from another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196488].votes_count ]]