You may also like

Rate Dr. Ellen Giesbrecht

Dr. Ellen Giesbrecht's Ratings

Dr. Giesbrecht saved my 2nd baby's live, after I lost the first baby due to cord accident. He was born due to premature labour and was merely 24 weeks old. Dr. G insisted to give him the best chance and helping me keep him inside for as long as possible and then a C section. That decision probably saved his life. And against all odd, not only did he survive, he is very healthy and only have minor health problem. Then my 3rd pregnancy was also difficult due to premature contraction. With her help, my 3rd baby was born term and healthy. I cannot thank her enough for what her help gave me and my family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

a real piece of work..cant imagine what it is like to work with her. God complex

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

After the usual pap test, Dr. Giesbrecht, who had tied my feet to the couch, subjected me to a torturous procedure because she claim not have have had local anesthetics on hand at the time. She inflicted a D&C on me for the purpose of cancer detection. I nearly fainted from the pain and when I got up she told me harshly not to get up as she didn't want me fainting on [her]. The procedure lasted 15 minutes. The tests all came back negative as she knew they would anyway, since the camera she had shoved in me was telling her everything was alright. I've had three children and this lasted 15 minutes and was the most terrifying pain I have ever feld. The procedure was one that needed to be done under total anesthetic because of the fact my uterus was anteverted. Prior to the procedure I was told that I was "tough enough to handle the pain" and that she would stop if the pain was too fierce. But she never did. She only stopped scouring my womb after the husband of one of the patients ordered her to. During the procedure Dr. Giesbrecht also scolded me and hissed at me that [I] had known [my] uterus was anteverted and that I had set her up. I will swear on this to the day I die.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2633514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I love Dr. Gisbrecht. She is friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. I especially appreciated the fact that she came by to visit me after my baby was borne to just say hi, even when she has already worked for a long day that day. The only thing was that she was not always in the office -- she had projects that she needed to work on in the hospital so of the visits that I went I don't always see her. Yet whenever I saw her, she always greeted me with a nice, warm smile. Her staff was ok and it wasn't too long a wait to see Dr. Gisbrecht compare to the previou OB I had. If I ever get pregnant again, I will go for Dr. Gisbrecht for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

What a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. Dr. Giesbrecht takes her time to answer questions and she is very patient. I would recommend her to anyone! The only problem is her relatively clueless and disorganized staff who make all sort of small but worrisome errors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2013

I LOVE DR. ELLEN GIESBRECHT SHE IS THE BEST GYNE DOCTOR TO HAVE. SHE DELIVERED MY BABY BOY IN JUNE 2010 AND MADE MY PREGNACY SO EASY. IF I HAVE ANOTHER BABY I WILL DEFINITELY BE HER PATIENT. LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME THROUGH THE HARD TIMES THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT OBGYN. LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND THINK OF YOU ALL THE TIME.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

very helpful to us,even its our first time to meet her.we feel very comfortable and act very quickly when my wife had her Emerg.C-section and help and support our baby when she had to under go surger. well done and thank you very much for all your help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2010

Dr. Giesbrict was my doctor for both my pregnancies. She gets straight to the point in appointments-which is a good thing- and is helpful and kind. Very knowledgable. She delivered my second baby and was amazing. She made me comfortable the entire nine months and throughout the delivery. I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2010

Dr. G helped my wife with a very complicated delivery. Always put the care of my wife and baby as her top priority. When she was around felt very comfortable that everything was going to be OK. It is obvious that she is very well respected at the hospital as ALL the staff follow her orders concisely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2010

Dr Giesbrecht helped in the delivery of our third baby. She was attentive, kind, astute to the issues and even appropriately funny - My husband and I could not have had a better OBGYN. I wish I had had her for all our labours !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1199204].votes_count ]]