Rate Dr. Rene Lafreniere

Dr. Rene Lafreniere's Ratings

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and was a mess when my family doctor gave me the news, that is until I met with Dr. Lafreniere. His calm, cheerful demeanor had an immediate sedating effect on me. His kindness and positive outlook was clearly genuine and at the end of my meeting with him, I felt like hugging him. I didn't, purely because, if I had, I'd have burst into tears of relief. Mandy, his assistant is also wonderful, she has answered every one of my questions promptly and is an excellent help. I can also not forget to mention the young doctor assisting Dr. Lafreniere who cleared up many of my early questions and who's name I've completely forgetten (apolgies!).

Submitted July 17, 2014 | flag

Dr Lafreniere is obviously a highly-skilled and very knowledgable surgeon. I trusted him and his advice immensely, and because of him I wasn't as afraid of surgery- I knew I was in the best hands and that he genuinely cares for his patients. Beyond being an excellent surgeon, he was the first and only specialist I met along my cancer journey to take the time to sit and explain things to me - to show me scan results and explain what they mean. He also understood the value of giving your patient some positive and optimistic words, which other doctors avoided doing due to the aggressiveness of my cancer. I'm truly grateful to Dr lafreniere and to my family doctor for insisting that I see him and no one else!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. L. is the BEST OF THE BEST. Celebrating my 10th year cancer free anniversary this month. This wonderful doctor made this happen. If there were 10 stars he would get them all! C. Greenwood

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lafreniere has provided me with the best of care over the past nine years since my breast cancer diagnosis and subsequent surgery and other treatment. His bedside manner is exemplary and the surgery was very well done. His followup care is very thorough. I know some of his other patients and they also have expressed great satisfaction.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2011 | flag

If I could have a Doctor for everything--that Doctor would be Dr. LaFreniere. If I lived someplace else--I would fly back for appointments with Dr. LaFreniere. If I had pain from disease--I would want the person taking care of me in my dying days to be Dr. LaFreniere. Please take care of yourself, Dr. LaFreniere--you are needed by so many!! We all love you!!

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. LaFreniere is the best doctor. He is so gentle and take the time to sit down with you and listen. He is a gentle and caring doctor. I heard a lot of good words from other people in the medical field. God bless you!

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

I love Dr L! He listens, he cares, his knowledge and understanding show no bounds. His gentle manner is so appreciated. I trusted him with my first surgery in '91 and when I found out he was my surgeon 5 years ago I was so relieved!

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

Dr Lafreniere is a rare gem. I have worked in the medical profession for over 20 years and he is truly one-of-a-kind. My mother, who is a senior, was a patient of his when she was diagnosed with stage III breast Ca in 2004. I have accompanied her to all her appts. He has treated her and my family members with the utmost respect on every occasion - and at times provided much needed moral support - even hugs. As a surgeon, his skill and expertise are invaluable. I wish every patient experiencing breast cancer would have the good fortune to be cared for by Dr. Lafreniere.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2011 | flag

In my opinion, Dr. Lafreniere walks on water. I have been going to him since 1999 and the care, compassion, and attention to detail when you express a concern is unfounded. He "LISTENING SKILLS" are magnificent; he wears a "genuine" smile on his face, it pleasant to speak to; looks you in the eyes and sits down with you to speak to you, not at you. He TRULY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. Thank you Dr. Lafreniere for the care you give us & we VALUE you dearly.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2010 | flag

I LOVE Dr. L....he is knowledgeable, compassionate and efficient. Can't say enough.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2010 | flag