Dr. Kala Rachel Dharma

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 28 reviews. Dr. Kala Rachel Dharma has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: will dr dharma deliver my baby? she is my obgyn?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5564656
16/06/14 1 1 1 1 Dr. Dharma should no longer be able to practice as she has an unsanitary office. Her Diagnosis is not on point ....I had to set up an appointment with another Doctor for a second opinion... to my findings I was correct. Letting her practice is a mistake.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3658249
17/01/14 1 1 1 1 The WORST Dr. EVER.the fact that I seen this lady 1 time for 5 minutes doing a sonogram when I can never get ahold of her and she was the biggest mistake of choice..I had been bleeding everyday with the 10 year iud pregnant with SEVERE pains.this lady wouldn't even listen to me because she was in such a rush to get me out.I never never heard the babies heartbeat.she didn't tell me how far along I was.no vitamins.no concern about iud or bleeding.no sonogram pic just EVERYTHING uneducated and no answers or help..doesn't care.long story short the next morning at 5:15 am I had a miscarraige...and now I'm layin can't get ahold of her.
Respond

26/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "DALLAS" to "Mesquite"

28/07/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "PAMPA" to "DALLAS"

21/06/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "DALLAS" to "PAMPA"
RID: 2482853
26/11/12 4 4 4 5 My 16 year old daughter was scared to go to this kind of DR but she was very nice and gentle and made her feel comfortable. They were knowledgeable and helpful and we did not have to wit long at all.  Respond
RID: 2203928
05/06/12 5 5 5 5 Walkin available is extremely helpful, pretty close to my school and house and the doctors and staffs really care about my well being
Insurance: Humana
Respond

15/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1548462
28/09/11 5 5 5 5 Kinda surprised to see such bad ratings on her. Love this clinic and the wait is not long
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond

25/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 4 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1365424

17/02/11 1 1 1 1   See Responses
RID: 1259885
27/09/10 1 1 1 1 http://reg.tmb.state.tx.us/BoardOrders/BOARD%20ORDER... Thank God somebody told me to look up her credentials..  See Responses
RID: 1258169
24/09/10 2 1 1 2 im 9 months pregnant and i've only seen her once for about 5 minutes. her staff is okay however i think she needs to give her patients more attention than she has been doing. i've been seeing one of her male associates whom i dislike. sometimes they dont even answer their phones when it rings. im very skeptical about her delivering my baby. im considering going to a different hospital.....
See Responses
RID: 1216507
27/07/10 5 5 5 5 i thought that staff was nice, she was very helpful and ansered all my questions.  Respond
RID: 1215542
26/07/10 1 1 1 1 DO NOT RECOMMAND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE. I BARLY SHOW HER DURING MY APPOINTMENTS AND WHEN I FINALLY SHOW HER IT WAS ONLY FOR ABOUT FIVE MINUTES. SHE DELIVERED MY BABY THROUGH A C-SECTION. AND MY CUT CAME OPEN AND I GOT INFECTION. SHE DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL I WENT TO DOCTORS HOSPITAL AND THEY ADMITTED ME. I HAVE BEEN REQUESTING MY MEDICAL RECORD FOR 7 MONTHS AND STILL HAVEN'T RECIEVE THEM. DO NOT DO TO DR. KALA DHARMA.....
RID: 1199152
29/06/10 1 1 1 1 I used this doctor with my oldest child and was referred to her from a friend. I was no pleased with her at all. I seen her one time my entire pregnancy and that was for a sonogram and she rushed through it, then she delivered my child. I DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.  Respond
RID: 1175707
24/05/10 5 4 5 5 My wife has seen Dr. Dharma on a few occassions and she has had nothing but good things to say. And from what I hear she is like the best OB doctor in all of Dallas.  Respond
RID: 1157042
26/04/10 5 4 5 5 I'm a little surprised about the reviews I have read here. I have never had any problems with Dr.Dharma or her staff. They have always been extremely courteous and Dr. Dharma is always polite and knowledgeable. The only thing I could think of that's negative was that the waiting room was pretty full. However, I did some research on her after my sister and cousin recommended me to her and found that she has never had a malpractice suit or negligence cases EVER! That can't be said for many other doctors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. I hope this is helpful.
RID: 1132338
20/03/10 1 2 1 3 I had the same problem several patients had. I only saw Dr. Dharma twice during my pregnancy. I found a much better doctor closer to my home that delivers at the hospital closest to me. Getting my patient records from Dr. Dharma's office has been an absolute nightmare!!! They were not ready for me to pick up when promised and I have been promised phone calls from their office and have not received them. When I expressed interest in switching doctors they insulted the staff at my hospital of choice (Charleston Methodist) and were flat out rude and unhelpful. I am disgusted with them and I don't know how they keep patients at all. Maybe people just dont know any better.
RID: 1106173
15/02/10 2 1 1 1 she never gave me a follow up pap smear. and her staff was horrible one of her doctors caused me internal dmage after a pap smear
RID: 990960
19/09/09 2 1 1 1 Definitely agree with all the other women!! This doctor and staff are sooo unprofessional. The very FIRST time I visited the office she was in and out within 5 mins(That includes sonogram & vaginal exam)! I thankfully switched doctors. FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!!
RID: 961123
12/08/09 2 1 1 1 I agree with the persons below, i had her as my second childs doctor, she delivered through c-section. I got an infection in my scar and it caused it to re-open in three places, i asked her over and over if i should be cleaning it or something she said No, i'll change your antibiotics..I had the infection for four weeks and i finally switched doctors, he told me i just needed to clean it and it started healing in a week.But i still have to look at three big ''hole'' scars everyday .That was a very scary time for me and i would not want any other expectant mother to have to go through that, i am glad that there is a website out there to enlighten others in the choice of there doctor.
RID: 930187
06/07/09 1 1 1 1 Please check you OB carefully in the future. This doctor was on the news and my neice still went to her. Then when she was 5 months and I found out I made her change DR. The new doc told her something was wrond with her baby and it could not survive out of the wound in one visit. I also had a friend that went to her and they could not even get her epidural right when she was in labor. I was in Awh at how she came in the room and talked to her. She met her when she went in labor for the first time. I have 5 children and had ver good OB's. Check out DR. Blake Friden and DR. M. Todd Ruk at Medical City of Dallas. DR. Frieden use to take medicaid not sure now but Dr. Ruk only accepts insurance.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 859803
13/04/09 1 1 1 1 I don't know how far along I am they have given me 3 different due dates, one for sure is just not a possibility. So I'm somewhere around 35 weeks, have never seen the Dr. and literally had to hold on to the nurse to keep her in the room to ask her questions. None of which were answered anyway the response was...Oh you have plenty of time to decide what you should do. Last time I checked pregnancy was not an infinite condition. It's just sad and disappointing.
RID: 805067
03/03/09 1 2 1 1 I have gone to this doctor for about 10 yrs. I only have seen the doctor once. When I first went 10 years ago. I leave numerous messages and never get responses. I have to continue to call back. When I ask for supervisors or the doctor to call, I go to voicemail. Somethimes calling throughout the day you just get voicemail and busy. Does anyone work in this office??? Everything seemed to be better when she had the office by Mesquite hospital, but since she moved offices, the staff seems to not know how to help a patient. I am a current patient that is looking for a new doctor because of this.  Respond
RID: 768733
20/01/09 1 1 1 1 Dr. Dharma is absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. I have never been pregnant, but had my yearly paps and a couple of other appointments for the past 3 years, and have not met Dr. Dharma ONCE!!! Her staff (interns) are not smart, and try to schedule unnecessary appointments to try to get more money out of you!!! FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!
RID: 711320
28/10/08 2 1 1 2 I am currently looking for another doctor!! I had an appointment last week and was told that i had symptoms of preclampsia. They made me do a 24 hour unrine test and told me to come back that Monday. I went in as scheduled and the nurse (i have never seen this lady before)said "you were just here last week, why are you back?" I cant believe they did not have anything in the records about me having to do the 24 hour or anything. When I explained to her why i was back she said "oh, i will check the lab results" she listened to the babys heart beat for about 15 seconds then left the room. 10 minutes later she popped her head in the door and said "you're fine, you can leave." I didnt even have time to ask her anything. I have NEVER met Dr. Dharma and I am 7 months pregnant. I would not recomend her to anyone!
RID: 662145
11/08/08 1 1 1 1 PLEASE research and find another doctor. I visted the office for heavy bleeding at the start of April 08 and saw 3 different doctors including Dr. Dharma until July 2008. I was prescribed birthcontrol pills. It was always rush, rush and no time taken with patients. Finally in July 2008 after being seen in the office over 8 times, the pain was unbearable and Dr. Dharma finally did a sonogram and found a huge tumor growing into my uterus. She had previously diagnosed this just as a small cyst when she did a pelvic exam. I immediately went for a second opinion and my new doctor perfomed emergency surgery. My new dr doesn't know how Dr. Dharma did not feel the mass. I could have bled too much. I am not at home recovering from a surgery that could've been done 4 months ago. Go See Someone Else!!!
RID: 557772
04/04/08 1 1 1 1 This is the worst doctor that I have ever witnessed practicing. Her office in Mesquite was filthy. When I decided to switch Dr.'s because I heard from nurses at local hospitals how horrible she was during delivery (rushing deliveries by using the vacuum suction devise as well as PULLING placentas out of patients instead of waiting for them to deliver) they refused to release my records. When i went to my new dr. my blood pressure was so high that their nurse offered to go back to dharma's office to get my records and told me not to go back. of course i didn't. thank GOD that I switched doctors when I did. Dr. Sami Constantine was a godsend to me and his practice is the TOTAL opposite of Dharma's. He is 100% professional, caring, intelligent, etc....can't say enough of how great he truly is!!!
RID: 441103
08/11/07 1 1 1 1 I had the same problems as the first two posters, this lady only saw me once during my pregnancy. She gave me a sonogram that was less than 1 minute long, and the picture was blurry. I was of course disappointed, because it was the only sonogram I had during my entire pregnancy. Her staff was unprofessional and would talk about their love lives etc. in front of patients. My baby was later delivered by a different doctor. (I think the rude poster may actually work for the office, why else would she attack someone for their opinion??) Seems suspicious to me.
Insurance: Unicare
RID: 358537
03/07/07 5 5 5 5 I have gone to this lady for years. She has always called me back and has always answered my questions. My child's delivery was handled professionally and with minimal discomfort. I think you were right to switch doctors. You should have directed your ingnorant comments elsewhere's though.
Insurance: Aetna
See Responses
RID: 256359
03/04/07 1 1 2 This doctor has 3 different offices and over 5000 patients. She is VERY busy..in and out. Not helpful and NEVER fully answered my questions. I saw her assistant more than her, as she jumps from office to office throughout the day. There is NO direct line to contact her, only an operator to direct your call to the appropriate voicemail box. Her staff is unknowledgeable..and a few illegal activities went on in the Lancaster office that I witnessed, but am not to discuss here. OVERALL..it's a terrible practice. I have since switched doctors.
RID: 413374
30/03/07 1 1 2 I saw this dr. 2 times during the 7 months I visited this office during my pregnancy, and once of course when she delivered my child. The low ratings I gave this Dr. (which are only of my opinion) are due to the fact that I almost never saw her. She may in fact be a great Dr. Her assistant, the woman who acted like my Dr., treated me very well. But this was my first pregnancy and I knew absolutely nothing. I asked questions here and there, but no one in the office informed me that my health was a risk to my pregnancy. ( extreme weight gain & swelling and high blood pressure). She was over an hour late for one of my appointments.In my opinion, there have got to be better physicians in the area, be sure to check out a Dr. before you see them. Dr. Dharma seemed nice but did not talk much during my visits.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user