Rate Dr. George Vrabec

Dr. George Vrabec's Ratings

I have so far had a good experience with Dr. Vrabec. I went in to see about some circulation issues, and although he was a bit on the brisk side of professional on the first appointment, when I went in again to discuss test results with him, he was friendly and decided he needed to do a follow up on a secondary problem to make sure nothing is wrong. Very professional. Surgeons aren't GPs. They have a high patient turn over rate, and the bedside manner thing isn't as big a deal with them. The last surgeon I saw (for a successful, completely unrelated operation ten years ago) told me the surgery I was getting had a 20% mortality rate and then took my blood pressure immediately after and was surprised that it was elevated. I did have to wait 20 minutes for my second appointment, but I'm not going to begrudge a surgeon running late in the OR. His staff is very friendly and helpful, very on top of making sure you do what you're supposed to be doing. I really appreciate their thoroughness and open communication!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636590].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

Dr Vrabec was very professional and polite. He explained everything in detail. His office is easy to get to, no problem with parking. If needed I would go to him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I found Dr Vrabec to be a great. I didn't notice any bedside manners that were rude in fact I was pleased at how good he was with my elderly father. Surgery turned out great and the family was very grateful for such professionalizm and kindness. First class leg amputation if you need one I had a very good experience with Dr. Vrabec

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr Vrabec saved my life. I had an abdominal aortic aneurism in 2010: He did everything humanly possible (and beyond)to ensure that the operation was done in a safe time frame. He saw the beginning of this aneurism in a ct scan in 2003!!! Then monitored its growth until operating in 2010 (That is as professional as any specialist CAN be) There are many comments re bedside manner: I have socialized and worked with people born and raised in European cultures, and understand the formality is almost always balanced against the very high standards of European universities and institutions. Dr Vrabec is exceedingly thorough and educated and trained and accomplished, also he is a considerate, polite European gentleman!! It may help those who felt alienated that my appointments with him were often punctuated with laughter or drole philosophic observations I dont want hand holding from a Dr: there is no time for that

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

He did my fistula on left arm and it failed. it actually never worked at all. He never explained anything to me nither before or after surgery. I will never deal with this doctor again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Found my appointment was always being changed, Dr. was unapologetic, insensitive, and seemed uncaring. Will not go back!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2011

On finally getting in after several canceled appt.'s(5 because of changed O.R. times) Dr. Vrabec apologized for making us wait and thanked us for our understanding. His attitude was respectful and kind. He seems very knowledgeable and has a very gentle touch.The only negative thing I found was in his lack of explaining, probably due to back log of patients. I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2010

Dr Vrabec performed on me Pacemaker surgery a number of years ago. At the initial apointment he had unpleasant attitude, and was more interested in my ethnic background than in my medical condition. I was presseured by Insurer to undergo surgery ASAP, so I didn't have time to inquire and I accepted the first surgeon available- It was Dr Vrabec. Surgery itself, was unusually long, tok over 1 1/2 hours, normally would take up to 1/2 hour, he had problem inserting pacemaker in the left side , making two cuts, one close to my neck, which causes me still some perriodical pain. Operation was long and local anesthetic was losing effect, so I was subjected to unnecessary pain. Eventually he succesed in placing pacemaker.In the operating room I observed number of people frequenting, some of them were just wathcing, there were more than half dosen people. One week after this "painful" operation, i got life threatening infection at pacemaker site, and it was then removed by the competent surgeon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2010

Dr.Vrabec and team saved my life on April 18/10 for which I am very grateful. I had an abdominal anuerysm rupture and they had a very small window of time to do a very complicated surgery. The care I received was wonderful at every level and Dr. Vraybec is a prince.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2010

Just had carotid endarteromy surgery and Dr. did a great job especially the internal stitches. His bedside manner is same as most specialists but I didn't want someone to hold my hand >>I needed and got his professionalism in dealing with a critical situation. His office is a great in dealing with everything he doesn't have time for. I would highly recommend to anyone with this carotid disease..blockage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1201671].votes_count ]]