Rate Dr. Stanley Rosenblum

Dr. Stanley Rosenblum's Ratings

Dr Rosenblum is a great surgeon and his office and staff are first rate and super helpful. I had the same experience as many at first as he is an 'all business' personality. However, as you get to know him, he lightens up and his advice is more accessible and he actually has a good sense of humour and persona. It seems his initial manner is a bit of a 'gameface' scenario. I am just post surgery, so my comments can't cover what happens down the road, but I felt I was properly advised of the risk/reward involved in the Ambulatory Phlebectomy Procedure. The 'damage' was already done by the trauma and varicosity that I had in my lower leg. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that the cause of the entire varicosity problem is most likely hereditary, one of the causes suggested by Dr Rosenblum. He is one of the few surgeons who do this procedure in Southwestern Ontario so his waiting list is very long if it isn't 'medically required' (If your GP asks "Does it Hurt?", you say YES!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I like a surgeon to be direct, knowledgeable and skilled. If that person also has a personality that meshes with mine, I consider that a bonus. Dr. Rosenblum is a professional, direct, knowledgeable, and skilled surgeon. He answered all of my questions patiently and succinctly. If you know yourself and need someone to hold your hand, bring a friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2013

I'M SOOO DISAPPOINTED!!! This was such an awful experience. One year into the surgery now...and everything is worse. My leg looks mis-shaped and worse. He seems to know so much when you meet with him, and it seems like such a good idea - but i really wish I waited. My dream of walking around in a bathsuit is even farther away now. If anything, question him more at your visit. Ask him what happens if it goes wrong??? Because now all he is telling me is there is nothing I can do. The scars are still healing - not that bad really...but now I have hard spots...spots where I can't feel anything at all...really dark spots, and the veins that were coming up around it before are now everrrywhere. It looks way worse and I'm only at a year...I'm worried how bad this can get.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

He is NOT helpful! I had issues with my surgery, and he just tried to get rid of me. I am now a year in and still waiting to see him again. I have hard spots in my leg, I cannot kneel down at all, and Im very sad that I did the surgery. The veins around the areas are WAAY worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

Had my veins removed in May of 2009. When it comes to someone operating on my body, I could care less about bedside manner, as long as he knows what his is doing and is confident! I would not question his abilities and would go to him again if I had to, luckily I don't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2010

In March I had both of my legs stripped by Dr. Rosenblum. Although there were not alot of warm moments I am no longer in pain and do not have the horrible unsightly veins.There was never a moment that I wondered about his ability. He is a excellent surgeon and I would go back to him with no hesitation. After 11 weeks of going to Sarnia I did manage to see him crack a smile or two and laugh. I would also like to add that the staff at the hospital were all very friendly. Every single person I came in contact with was excellent. Thank you to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

A great surgeon even though the bedside manner was lacking. I felt as though I was in very capable hands the whole time. To me that is what counts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2009

This Doctor was great during the surgery but after when my husband needed help with the infection he got from the surgery the Dr's staff and himself refused to help by writing new orders for VON and Insurance payments. Oh Well go see your family doctor, we have to come from out of town... Would not recommend for surgery on a dog !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2009

The good doctor and bedside manner are complete strangers.A curt,doom-and-gloom approach to a potentially life threatening situation with no effort whatsoever to soften the situation with any degree of empathy or selective choice of verbage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2008

He is a very very cold Dr. he needs to practice his bedside manners and I hope to never see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1211620].votes_count ]]