Rate Dr. Charles Gatto

Dr. Charles Gatto's Ratings

I had faith in Dr. Gatto on my first visit. He looked at my mri and said "I know what is wrong and I can fix it." He is very confident and very knowledgeable. Everyone on his staff was wonderful, and I recommend him to anyone with a back problem. I was in pain for almost a year and no one could find what was wrong with me except Dr. Gatto. I had surgery a year ago and the pain that I had is gone.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

I've had back problems since my 20's (now I'm in my late 40's)and just dealt with it the best I could. However, in Aug 2012 I suffered a severe injury that was very bad and I could no longer deal with the incessant pain. I was referred to Dr. Gatto and after a couple of months of working with him I elected to have surgery. Dr. Gatto performed a decompression and fusion using the infuse bone product and the usual hardware (screws, rods, pins, etc.). It's been 4 months since the surgery and I feel better than I have in the last 25 years. Recovery has not been easy but I have followed the docs plan and the results have come quickly. In my opinion there's two components to this process; one is the medical care and the other is the personal commitment to recovery part. Dr. Gatto held up his part quite exceptionally and the other part is up to you. Thanks Doc/Sarah and office staff - great job and it is much appreciated as is sleeping through the night and tying my own shoes again!!!

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

I had a herniated disc caused by a rear end car accident. Dr. Gatto gave me my options, let me try different methods to heal the herniation, and finally performed the surgery on my back. I really appreciated Dr. Gatto's clear concise view of the injury, and his help and compassion in getting me through this issue. One thing that really stood out to me was his interaction with my wife after the surgery. He took the time to tell her exactly what happened and assured her that I was going to be fine. His assistant Sarah is outstanding as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Gatto and his staff to anyone with back related issues, as he was very helpful in my case.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Gatto got me back on my feet after a discectomy in a couple days and back to regular unrestricted exercise in 4 weeks. Staff was great at Tri County. thanks to all

Submitted Dec. 12, 2012 | flag

I went to dr.gatto to get a second opinion after i had a two level disc fusion.i told him i was in a lot of pain,numbness in my fingers,and no range of motion.he told me go back to work with limitations.this guy sucks dont care for you at all.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gatto performed spinal fusion surgery on my neck. I was warned by several other doctors how serious this surgery is and I was told I will never have a full movement of my neck. Dr. Gatto is a miracle worker. I had a steak the same day from Roots steakhouse lol In one week I was moving around the house and was off all my medications. 4 weeks after surgery I was back at work with no pain and full movement of my neck. Thank you doctor!

Submitted July 6, 2012 | flag

God Bless America & Dr. Gatto. I am a 56 yr. old competitive cyclist and have never had surgery. The thought of back surgery is unacceptable. However with no other option I surrendered to a Discectomy and was back on my bike in 10 days. This Dr. is a gift to this world and I would recommend him to any and all. Thankyou Dr. Gatto

Submitted June 22, 2012 | flag

Was referred to see Dr. Gatto in an emergency situation as I could not feel my right leg. I had fallen four times and was very concerned. After getting my xrays and MRI, I saw Dr. Gatto and he shifted his schedule to perform my emergency surgery the next day. I was walking within 24 hours of surgery, and getting better every day. I have had some intermittent back pain for years and I am finally pain free!

Submitted June 3, 2012 | flag

I have to say this is one of the best doctors I have seen. I admit at first I wasn't to fond of him because when we were speaking he would just start recording his notes without warning but other than that I found him very easy to talk to. His bed side manner was very good and his staff are all wonderful. My surgery was a complete success and I will and already have recommended people to him.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

The staff was very friendly, smiling and easing any nervousness I might have had when I entered the office. Dr. Gatto spent a great deal of time with me explaining my problem and various options. Confirming the seriousness of weakness in my leg, he scheduled surgery within a few days. After a long day of office hours, he then came to MMH and did my surgery at 4PM. He was extremely personable, very intelligent and had great interpersonal skills. He has a wonderful reputation and I certainly can attest to that. All my questions were answered in a calm and caring manner. Prior to surgery, he again met with my family and I and answered last minute questions. He treated me as if I was a VIP. Post Op appointment was again very informative. Dr Gatto is the best in my book. He has a great smile, great bedside manner and is a great surgeon. I am pain free and am experiencing zero back pain. He's the prize!

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag