You may also like

Rate Dr. Charles Gatto

Dr. Charles Gatto's Ratings

After having bad back pain on and off for 25+ years, Dr. Gatto and his team did a great job.
I knew after surgery, that i was better. After 8 weeks I was snowboarding again. Thank You DR. Gatto and your team!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Weird. Saw him for surgical opinion and he told me my last fusion from years ago had never healed and that he had to revise it. I told him I did great after my first surgery and was told that I just needed the next level higher addressed. Was very confused and ultimately went to NYC to have just one more level above my old surgery done like I expected. The doc in NYC told me that I in no way needed the old surgery touched. The doc in NYC thought that Gatto was just looking to make my original surgeon look bad and possibly bill me for stuff that didn't need to be done. Now that's weird..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Worse DR. Will never even send my enemies to him because he is just so terrible. Very rude, never spends time with you to allow you to ask questions, and never tells you anything. He leaves me clueless all the time. Then prescribes all these crazy medications that do not work (they NEVER worked for me and I kept telling him again and again). On top of it all, he prescribed me a medication that he KNOWS I am allergic to because it is in my medical record, as well as me telling him NUMEROUS of times I was allergic. Truly does not know how to treat a patient!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2748198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Gatto is a fantastic surgeon! He did an ACDF surgery on my herniated C5/6 disc. It went so well that I was in almost no pain afterwards! I took a tylenol a couple times, that's it! He spent a lot of time with me helping me to understand my condition and the surgery process and answering all my questions. He was easily accessible via cellphone after the surgery for any questions I had. He can come off as kind of curt in the office, but this is just because he is all business and very serious about what he does. In the OR he is completely in his element!

If you have a condition that does not require surgery you might not be satisfied as to his bedside manner, but if you do need surgery this is the surgeon for you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2714419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

All I can say is I would not take a dog to see Dr Charles Gatto how rude

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

All I can say is really. Somewhat rude and speak into a dictaphone more than to me. Not terribly confident and felt like only interested in a big operation. I left and found another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Was told I needed injections. Then was told I needed surgery. Then was told by another doctor that it wasn't my back but was a kidney stone and guess what. It was a kidney stone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

Had a big revision operation only to find out by surgeon in New York that it wasn't nevessary. :(. No better.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2590791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Wasn't too happy. He was very quick and spent more time talking into microphone.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2590449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

After feeling comfortable with Dr Gatto after my first visit, I entrusted myself to him. In the history of my personal medical profession, I have witnessed every surgeon come the next morning to see how his patient was fairing post operatively. I was in Morristown Memorial for 2 days post op. He never came even though I was told he was coming. That was just the beginning of my post op experience. I had several complications, and quickly learned that he did not even get on the phone to talk. I had to wait 14 days until I went to his office to see him and quickly realized I was just a number. I mentioned several things that were of concern and instead of addressing me he spoke into his dictation recorder. I told him I was in pain at a high level on pain scale and as he walked out of the door heard him dictate that "patient denies pain". As a nurse nearing 1 year since surgery I urge any prospective patient to really consider seeking out a doctor who is more skilled and takes time after delicate spine surgery to listen to concerns. Make sure the doctor you choose is one who will take a phone call and see you while you are confined in the hospital. I never have been treated so poorly by a doctor in my entire life. My outcome has been poor. He has several high ratings , but be careful to read the poor comments here. Head the warnings.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2583421].votes_count ]]