Rate Dr. Charles Gatto

Dr. Charles Gatto's Ratings

Had a big revision operation only to find out by surgeon in New York that it wasn't nevessary. :(. No better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Wasn't too happy. He was very quick and spent more time talking into microphone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2590449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

After feeling comfortable with Dr Gatto after my first visit, I entrusted myself to him. In the history of my personal medical profession, I have witnessed every surgeon come the next morning to see how his patient was fairing post operatively. I was in Morristown Memorial for 2 days post op. He never came even though I was told he was coming. That was just the beginning of my post op experience. I had several complications, and quickly learned that he did not even get on the phone to talk. I had to wait 14 days until I went to his office to see him and quickly realized I was just a number. I mentioned several things that were of concern and instead of addressing me he spoke into his dictation recorder. I told him I was in pain at a high level on pain scale and as he walked out of the door heard him dictate that "patient denies pain". As a nurse nearing 1 year since surgery I urge any prospective patient to really consider seeking out a doctor who is more skilled and takes time after delicate spine surgery to listen to concerns. Make sure the doctor you choose is one who will take a phone call and see you while you are confined in the hospital. I never have been treated so poorly by a doctor in my entire life. My outcome has been poor. He has several high ratings , but be careful to read the poor comments here. Head the warnings.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2583421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I had faith in Dr. Gatto on my first visit. He looked at my mri and said "I know what is wrong and I can fix it." He is very confident and very knowledgeable. Everyone on his staff was wonderful, and I recommend him to anyone with a back problem. I was in pain for almost a year and no one could find what was wrong with me except Dr. Gatto. I had surgery a year ago and the pain that I had is gone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

I've had back problems since my 20's (now I'm in my late 40's)and just dealt with it the best I could. However, in Aug 2012 I suffered a severe injury that was very bad and I could no longer deal with the incessant pain. I was referred to Dr. Gatto and after a couple of months of working with him I elected to have surgery. Dr. Gatto performed a decompression and fusion using the infuse bone product and the usual hardware (screws, rods, pins, etc.). It's been 4 months since the surgery and I feel better than I have in the last 25 years. Recovery has not been easy but I have followed the docs plan and the results have come quickly. In my opinion there's two components to this process; one is the medical care and the other is the personal commitment to recovery part. Dr. Gatto held up his part quite exceptionally and the other part is up to you. Thanks Doc/Sarah and office staff - great job and it is much appreciated as is sleeping through the night and tying my own shoes again!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I had a herniated disc caused by a rear end car accident. Dr. Gatto gave me my options, let me try different methods to heal the herniation, and finally performed the surgery on my back. I really appreciated Dr. Gatto's clear concise view of the injury, and his help and compassion in getting me through this issue. One thing that really stood out to me was his interaction with my wife after the surgery. He took the time to tell her exactly what happened and assured her that I was going to be fine. His assistant Sarah is outstanding as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Gatto and his staff to anyone with back related issues, as he was very helpful in my case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

Dr Gatto got me back on my feet after a discectomy in a couple days and back to regular unrestricted exercise in 4 weeks. Staff was great at Tri County. thanks to all

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2012

I went to dr.gatto to get a second opinion after i had a two level disc fusion.i told him i was in a lot of pain,numbness in my fingers,and no range of motion.he told me go back to work with limitations.this guy sucks dont care for you at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2108568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Dr. Gatto performed spinal fusion surgery on my neck. I was warned by several other doctors how serious this surgery is and I was told I will never have a full movement of my neck. Dr. Gatto is a miracle worker. I had a steak the same day from Roots steakhouse lol In one week I was moving around the house and was off all my medications. 4 weeks after surgery I was back at work with no pain and full movement of my neck. Thank you doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

God Bless America & Dr. Gatto. I am a 56 yr. old competitive cyclist and have never had surgery. The thought of back surgery is unacceptable. However with no other option I surrendered to a Discectomy and was back on my bike in 10 days. This Dr. is a gift to this world and I would recommend him to any and all. Thankyou Dr. Gatto

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2108566].votes_count ]]