Dr. D.G. Metcalfe

Dr. D.G. Metcalfe

Rate Dr. D.G. Metcalfe

Dr. D.G. Metcalfe's Ratings

I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and had a radical prostatectomy. I was quite anxious with the diagnosis but once meeting with Dr. Metcalfe I felt reassured that everything would be alright. Dr. Metcalfe took excellent care of me during and after my hospital stay. I appreciate not only his surgical skills, but also the kindness and caring both he and his staff have shown me. You have my greatest admiration and appreciation.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

My husband was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is quite young and we were quite shocked with the news. Dr. Metcalfe spent a long time explaining all options to us. He then set up an appointment with the radiotherapist. After another visit we decided on surgery. He performed robotic surgery to remove the prostate. He recovered in all ways very quickly. Through the whole episode I was very grateful for Dr. Metcalfe's care and would recommend him highly.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2011 | flag

I had both white cells and red cells in my urine so it was recommended I have a cystoscopy. The morning of the proceedure, I happened to check this website and found many negative comments about Dr Metcalfe. Here is my experience. I was very nervous and was prepared by the nurse for the proceedure. When Dr. Metcalfe entered the room, he came right over, introduced himself and put his hand on my shoulder asking how I was doing. I was still very nervous. The cysto was very unpleasant and when it was over, I was very sore and still am 4 days later. However, the doctor was excellent. He diagnosed me with Interstitial Cystitis. He asked me if I had any questions, showed me the inside of my bladder on the screen and made sure I left with an appropriate treatment plan and pain medication. In my opinion, he was excellent and if you have to have a cysto, please do not be nervous of Dr. Metcalfe.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2011 | flag

I am a 26 year old woman recently diagnosed with Intersticial Cystitis. I went to see Dr. Metcalfe because of the extreme agonizing pain I was under. After he did a cystoscopy and diagnosed me I asked him for some pain medication because I had missed work for 2 days, it was hard even walking. His answer: "you don't need any, just go to work, it will take your mind off it" and walked away, not a referral to any resources, just a prescription for a basic treatment... The day after I had to go to the emergency room because I was in so much pain, the Doctor there couldn't believe I wasn't given any pain medication, she was really helpful, even referred me to a website with information about IC. Needless to say, I will never see Dr. Metcalfe again!

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. Metcalfe took me on for an emergency to remove a stone and he was very personable when he met with me prior to surgery and he was great before the surgery began. I thought he was wonderful, and I was thankful for his help.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2010 | flag

if you aren't physically fit, DO NOT GO TO THIS arogant person. Husband had prostate cancer, several years and a few doctors later, still can't fix the damage caused by his total lack of medical care and disrespect to any humans least of all his patience.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag

Dr. D Metcalfe removed my left kidney on June 14th, it was full of cancer. I found him to be very very nice to my husband and myself about explaining what needed to be done, and he followed through and did a wonderful job. Left kidney was removed, cancer was all removed, I owe him my life... Thank you Dr metcalfe, job well done, and greatley appreciated,caroll Greenwood

Submitted July 29, 2010 | flag

I have been under Dr. Metcalfe's care for the last 6 years after a tumour was discovered in my bladder (30 year old female ~ no symptoms, rare). At our first meeting he seemed abrupt and cold...couldn't believe the diagnosis, but I was scheduled for surgery 2 weeks later. I have had follow up cystoscopies on a regular basis with him, and he has always been kind, personable, and at the end of the procedue he asks if I have any questions, gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, and encourages me. You usually have to give a doctor time to get to know you. After all, I'm not always in my best form when I meet new people.

Submitted June 17, 2010 | flag

Recently diagnosed with Prostrate cancer and found Dr. Metcalfe to be very helpful in making a decision for treatment. I had surgey and came through with exccelent results and excellent care. Thank You

Submitted April 27, 2010 | flag

Saw this doctor on an emergency consult for prostate cancer. He was very straight forward, did a great surgery, explained things well. When the biopsy results were in he phoned with them immediately and recommended further treatment. Very proficient surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2009 | flag