Dr. Glenn Chan

Dr. Glenn Chan

Rate Dr. Glenn Chan

Dr. Glenn Chan's Ratings

Wow what a dentist and over all good person. I was looking for a dentist as I was new to the area I had reviewed rate mds for Dr Chan which were all great. So I decided to see him. Let me tell you he was very confident in addressing the dental issue I had that other dentists in the past were not willing to address. Following that I had an emergency root canal done at another office and it still was still very painful. Dr chan retreated it and I'm feeling no pain. He even went to the point of communicating with me on the weekend and throughout the week when he was with his family and the office was closed. I usually don't write reviews but this dentists knowledge and communication was top notch I would also like to comment on how reassuring he is when he is working he keeps you aware of what he is doing and what is going on and his assistants are great and make you feel very comfortable. He will also go to every length to save a tooth he will give you all the options and give you lots of attention and time going over this. Ultimately he is the best dentist I've had and shows it through his work and professionalism as well cares for his patients.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

I am one of Dr. Chan's first patients. He has always been very good to me. Last month I went to see him because I chipped a tooth. He gave me a crown. The procedure was very difficult for both of us. It is the hardest tooth in the mouth to work on and he was very kind to me during the whole process. He always keeps me informed on what he is doing and why. His assistant is very kind and helpful too. I am a nervous patient and giving me a needle is a challenge. They were both very good to me through that difficult time. My tooth has been crowned and I am healing well. I will never go to another dentist. He is the BEST and I have recommended some patients to him.

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Chan's office through this website. I actually read all the reviews good and otherwise and was impressed with the general feel of his patients towards the office. My family of 5 live outside Calgary and have to travel a fair distance (45 minutes) to get to his office. There are many dental offices closer to our home and where I work, however having visited Dr. Chan's office many times now, I know I will always be going to see him as our dentist. Dr. Chan is kind and generous, his prices are fair IMO given his level of expertise. I have never been kept waiting and he always greats us with a smile and handshake. We actually were out one weekend at the Farmers Market and bumped into Dr. Chan and his wife and son. Even outside the office he was really nice, and introduced us to his whole family and chatted for awhile. I can tell he is sincere, and appreciate him greatly. Good job!

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

Becoming Dr. Chan's patient was the smartest decision I've made in a long time. His staff are warm, friendly and enthusiastic, and all say that they're thrilled to work there - it's clear that Dr. Chan respects and values his staff - which in my opinion, is a mark of a great practitioner. Dr. Chan personalizes the care of every patient, and makes sure all your needs are met and expectations are exceeded before you leave his office. His office boasts the latest dentistry technology, and he is committed to providing first-class care. His receptionists are well versed in benefits coverage, and make the payment process simple and painless. I am so glad to have found his office, and have recommended him to all of my friends and family. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Submitted May 8, 2014 | flag

After reading positive reviews on this forum, I went to see Dr Chan to remove my upper wisdom teeth , and I am very glad I did. I could tell he is very experienced and knowledgeable; he responded to all my questions, provided his professional opinion, and let me choose. As for the surgery, it went very well; in fact, I could not tell exactly when my wisdom teeth were removed as I thought he was just testing the anesthetic. I'd like to say big thank you to Erin who assisted Dr. Chan. She is great, very attentive and friendly.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Good dentist, found him on ratemds. Good with both our kids and takes insurance. Lots of parking too. Fees a little high. Good hours. We are happy.

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

We have been patients at Dr. Chan's office for a couple years now. We found him through this website. We have very good insurance (Calgary Board of Education). In the whole time we've been patients he has never diagnosed anything other than yearly cleanings. One of our kids had a small cavity but Dr. Chan said the tooth was really loose anyway so no point to filling it as it would fall out within days, and it did. We are happy with the treatment at this office but agree the fees are a little high. Then again he has LOTS of staff and we never do any paperwork so I guess it's fair. Overall excellent office.

Submitted March 5, 2014 | flag

My rating is much higher than what my comments will reflect. Initially I was very happy with Dr. Chan's office and with him as a doctor. The fees seemed a bit high to me and to others when i mentioned what I was paying but I was still willing to continue as I wanted a good dentist. I still want a good dentist but after running through my 3/4 of my benefit plan in 2 months and with the way he treated my child at his/her visit I am ready to move. Dr. Chan did not seem like he liked children at all during the visit, he didn't seem like he understands them either. I would have preferred that rather then taking my money he referred us to a pediatric dentistry right away. We're not poor by any means but to be 2 months into a year and out of benefits is ridiculous. While I don't dispute the fact that Dr. Chan may very well be a great dentist, I get the distinct feeling that his office is a cash grab and I feel like a paycheque every time I walk in the door.

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Chan is always great! Him and his Hygienists always remember me and are incredibly personable. He is always joking and making me laugh, but he is incredibly thorough and very aware of any situations that may make you uncomfortable! He is very concerned for my oral health and is always conscious of the decisions he makes and comments he makes. He is an awesome dentist and I definitely lucked out when I moved to Calgary and found him as my new dentist!!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

Having had only negative experiences with dentists since I was a child, I was very nervous and scared when I went to see Dr. Chan for the first time over 16 years ago. Since then, Dr. Chan and his staff have been providing me and my whole family with first-class dental care. The front-end staff are friendly and knowledgeable (Trudy is awesome!) and I have never had to wait more than a few miutes in the waiting room. Dr. Chan and his hygienists and technicians are gentle and efficient. Dr. Chan is thoughtful and honest with his recommendations and he respects my opinions and feedback (I have provided LOTS over the years!). Honestly, if I did not have coverage through my employer I would not be able to afford dental services...from ANY provider! But I have learned that consistent dental care is more affordable than intermittent and extreme procedures. Achieving good dental health through efficient and gentle service, as Dr. Chan has provided to me and my family, is a bonus!

Submitted Feb. 16, 2014 | flag