Rate Dr. Glenn Chan

Dr. Glenn Chan's Ratings

Good dentist been there for years. Very funny guy and seems to run on time. Did a crown and had no problems. Would rrecommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2589315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

My family has been going to Dr. Chan's office for a number of years now and we have had nothing but great experiences. I find his staff to be extremely friendly and welcoming. Dr. Chan always makes my kids laugh during their visit which is very helpful in getting them there. I'm impressed that they are always on time and we never have to wait for our appointment. I'd recommend Dr. Chan and his office to anyone looking for great dentistry and great people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2577505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Worst dentist ever! I went 3 times and each visit was worse than the one before. The staff was the most insincere bunch of passive aggressives imaginable with their big phony smiles. It felt like a dentist office run by cult members -- it was actually creepy.

And I had to get the filling that he did redone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569521].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I found Dr Chan here on Rate Meds and didn’t know if I could believe all the good reviews or not. But so far I’m impressed. Just the service alone is quite impressive. I’ve only been a patient of Dr Chan’s for a few months but he and his staff have been very good to me. They are kind, courteous, friendly, professional, and they don’t make you wait forever to get an appointment. Unlike my last dentist. Which is why I switched. Dr Chan and his staff always try to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable. Which is nice when you’re afraid of dentists. Dr Chan seems like a straight-up guy who seems genuinely concerned about the health and welfare of the patient. On several occasions he has stuck to the prices he’s quoted me, even though extra work was required to get the job done. It seems like he tries to establish a long term relationship with the patient, rather than make a quick buck. He really seems to like people. Yet he’s also good with all the technical stuff to get the job done right and fast.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2568458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Our family has been with Glenn for about 5 years. One time worth mentioning was when our youngest son Shaun broke his front tooth at the park. We called Glenn on Friday evening and he called in medicine right away saw us Monday and fixed the tooth. He is a very nice manand we are grateful for his timely care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Been with chan and harker for many years great experiences for the entire family, no pain and very nice guys. I do agree prices are higher although we moved and tried another office and they were expensive too so we moved returned back to chan harker. No issues for us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

I just had to reply to a comment below claiming that Dr Chan writes his own reviews!!! Whoever wrote this obviously does not understand how online reviews work, as you are only able to submit one from a specific IP address, meaning that even multiple computers in the same location are not able to leave another review.
As an extremely satisfied patient of Dr. Chan and the owner of a business myself, it irritates me to see such a negative review. Online forums are subject to positive and negative remarks, but when someone questions the integrity of the person/business it is going too far. We all know that online reviews are how we make decisions these days, whether it be which hotel/contractor/dentist to use or what recipe to make for supper! The best ones are the ones with the most positive reviews. Many businesses ask their clients/patients for reviews or testimonials, and any satisfied client is happy to talk about their experience. If Dr Chan has the most positive reviews it is because he has the highest level of satisfied clients. Period.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2538701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr Chan is an excellent Doctor in every sense of the word; knowledgeable, kind, friendly, and considerate.
My husband & I have been coming to Dr Chan for 8 years, and we have always been impressed by the promptness of the appointments and the efficiency of the staff. We are rarely waiting for more than 5 minutes in the waiting room, and once into the dentist chair are given first-rate care and attention.
Our family includes 2 boys; ages 4 and 2 1/2, and both have been seeing Dr Chan regularly since they were 2 years old. The friendly and patient demeanour of both Dr Chan and his staff put the boys at ease right away; riding in the chair and selecting a toy from the 'prize bin' is always the highlight of the visit!
One of the most impressive attributes of Dr Chan is how personable he is; knowing the names of the family members and taking time to stop and talk at each appointment really sets him apart from other Doctors. He strives to make a connection with his patients that goes deeper than the surface 'check up' appointments.
We would absolutely refer Dr Chan as the TOP dentist is Calgary. We come in from Okotoks to see him, and it is worth the drive! :) If you are considering a new dentist I encourage you to make an appointment with Dr Chan; you will not be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Wow what a dentist and over all good person. I was looking for a dentist as I was new to the area I had reviewed rate mds for Dr Chan which were all great. So I decided to see him. Let me tell you he was very confident in addressing the dental issue I had that other dentists in the past were not willing to address. Following that I had an emergency root canal done at another office and it still was still very painful. Dr chan retreated it and I'm feeling no pain. He even went to the point of communicating with me on the weekend and throughout the week when he was with his family and the office was closed. I usually don't write reviews but this dentists knowledge and communication was top notch I would also like to comment on how reassuring he is when he is working he keeps you aware of what he is doing and what is going on and his assistants are great and make you feel very comfortable.

He will also go to every length to save a tooth he will give you all the options and give you lots of attention and time going over this. Ultimately he is the best dentist I've had and shows it through his work and professionalism as well cares for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I am one of Dr. Chan's first patients. He has always been very good to me. Last month I went to see him because I chipped a tooth. He gave me a crown. The procedure was very difficult for both of us. It is the hardest tooth in the mouth to work on and he was very kind to me during the whole process. He always keeps me informed on what he is doing and why. His assistant is very kind and helpful too. I am a nervous patient and giving me a needle is a challenge. They were both very good to me through that difficult time. My tooth has been crowned and I am healing well. I will never go to another dentist. He is the BEST and I have recommended some patients to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483031].votes_count ]]