Dr. William Louis Harper

Rate Dr. William Louis Harper

Dr. William Louis Harper's Ratings

I've had one negative experience due to his clinical staff that could have ended very badly, Dr. Harper did respond quickly to correct the medication problem caused by the staff, even after I behaved horribly towards him for this error. Since then I have had nothing but a great experience with Dr. Harper and his secretary. I have found his secretary to be very helpful, above and beyond helpful.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

Worst Doctor ever! Totally closed minded. Run far away from this guy.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

Despite being extremely knowledgeable, he has no bedside manners. He's rude and patronizing. He did not answer any of my questions, and I felt he wasn’t even listening to my complaints. Thank goodness my health issues turned out not to be endocrine in nature.

Submitted July 6, 2012 | flag

I see three specialists on a regular basis for some difficult to treat medical conditions and I have to say Dr. Harper is a model physician in every aspect. You feel you are getting the best of care when you see him. He answers all questions in an open and direct manner and in a way that you can clearly understand. He is also open to information that I have researched online. He lets you make decisions regarding your own treatment when there are more than one option after carefully explaining the pros and cons of each. I don't mind if he's a few minutes late seeing me because I know he is giving another patient the same time amount of time to answer any concerns or questions and provide the best possible care. I never feel he is in a rush to get to his next patient (something that can't be said about my family physician). Dr. Harper has an amazing memory for specific details regarding your history, which adds to the confidence in him he garners. I really can't fault him for anything,

Submitted Jan. 14, 2011 | flag

I was treated for Cushings and four years later, have been alright. As I read through the previous postings I would agree with most of the ones that shared a poor experience with him: see the intern/student, not alot of time given to you, knowledgeable but limited bedside manner, indifferent and rather stand-offish. Not someone I would overly recommend.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Harper treated me for Cushings Syndrome. Was and is very knowledgable, understanding and professional. Excellent doctor!

Submitted June 21, 2010 | flag

He is an embarrassment to the profession Has no respect for patients and family

Submitted May 10, 2010 | flag

Not sure if this is the Dr Harper from The General Hospital? My son & I see him every 3 months, going on 2 yrs.we go to the out patient clinic. We have only talked to him ONCE..we see a new dr every other time, so its very frustrating when we have to ask the same questions. They "seem " to know what they;re doing although we STILL have no answer for my sons medical problem. Also dr harpers secretary has the worst personality..she is very short tempered & sarcastic.

Submitted March 9, 2009 | flag

I have been with Dr. Harper for a couple of years. Not once have I been treated with respect, I feel like I am being talked down to. Also, I see a student for 10 min and then Dr. Harper for 5 min. The last time I went was the worst. He basically pulled me out of his practise because I moved to a different city and that "I'm not a successful diabetic". Although I recently married and specifically told him that I am not wanting children for another 5-7 years he did not listen yet again. Instead I was told that in the event I got pregnant I should abort the child!!! He left without shaking my hand and told me someone will contact me about his referral to another hospital. And that's that, I haven't heard from anybody since. After the abortion comment, it's probably best I leave the practise

Submitted Feb. 10, 2009 | flag

Really can't say if Dr. Harper is knowledgeable or not. Every appointment I had with him was replaced by a student doctor. I have never met Dr. Harper nor have I received any useful advice or treatment. An MRI indicated I have a pituitary tumour and a neurologist referred me to Dr. Harper for treatment -- medication to shrink the tumour. After three visits and two more MRI's and I still don't have any answers.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2008 | flag