You may also like

Rate Dr. William Louis Harper

Dr. William Louis Harper's Ratings

I was sent to Dr. Harper for possible MEN syndrome (multiple endocrine neoplasm), a condition that has a very poor prognosis. He was utterly and completely condescending from the get go. When I asked, "if I test positive, what treatment, if any, would you recommend?" It was like he thought I was completely stupid - he said, "why are you so concerned about it??" I said incredulously because I don't want to die of pancreatic cancer???!! He said "oh, so you're somewhat knowledgeable." Dear God, even if I wasn't does it give him the right to be completely dismissive, arrogant and condescending?
When I told him I hurt everywhere, WITHOUT EVEN EXAMINING ME he said and I QUOTE, "there's no physical reason you should be having any pain". He'd met me for less than 15 minutes. Right away it made me laugh, because I thought he'd just misspoken and I said lightly, "no physical cause, so I'm crazy?" and he replied in all seriousness, "my wife's a psychologist and a lot of pain comes from the mind". (I don't have a psych history).
Soon after I had surgery for hyperparathyroidism (it causes calcium loss from your bones and makes everything ache...) I can't help but think the good comments are a plant. I don't know his knowledge, because he couldn't condescend to share it with me except when he flippantly said he would "prophylactically take out most of my organs" quote end quote. I saw him one more time for the referral to the geneticist, at which point I mentioned about consuming lots of greens and fruits and veggies, and his reply was "well I don't know about diet, a disease is a disease." I can excuse such ignorance in an elderly doctor, but he's young!!! Or is it that you're just not allowed to have knowledge or an opinion?
Even if he is knowledgeable I still can't go to him because I'd never know it, and therefore, especially with his inappropriate and asinine comments, I'd never trust him. I could never recommend him for anything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Just a down right terrible human being. No bedside manner. Saw him while in the hospital heading on week 3. He told me I was reckless if I opted for surgery. Told me to wait it out and hope my liver and kidneys don't fail. Well reckless me had surgery and I am so much better off!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I've had one negative experience due to his clinical staff that could have ended very badly, Dr. Harper did respond quickly to correct the medication problem caused by the staff, even after I behaved horribly towards him for this error. Since then I have had nothing but a great experience with Dr. Harper and his secretary. I have found his secretary to be very helpful, above and beyond helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Worst Doctor ever! Totally closed minded. Run far away from this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Despite being extremely knowledgeable, he has no bedside manners. He's rude and patronizing. He did not answer any of my questions, and I felt he wasn’t even listening to my complaints. Thank goodness my health issues turned out not to be endocrine in nature.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I see three specialists on a regular basis for some difficult to treat medical conditions and I have to say Dr. Harper is a model physician in every aspect. You feel you are getting the best of care when you see him. He answers all questions in an open and direct manner and in a way that you can clearly understand. He is also open to information that I have researched online. He lets you make decisions regarding your own treatment when there are more than one option after carefully explaining the pros and cons of each. I don't mind if he's a few minutes late seeing me because I know he is giving another patient the same time amount of time to answer any concerns or questions and provide the best possible care. I never feel he is in a rush to get to his next patient (something that can't be said about my family physician). Dr. Harper has an amazing memory for specific details regarding your history, which adds to the confidence in him he garners. I really can't fault him for anything,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2011

I was treated for Cushings and four years later, have been alright. As I read through the previous postings I would agree with most of the ones that shared a poor experience with him: see the intern/student, not alot of time given to you, knowledgeable but limited bedside manner, indifferent and rather stand-offish. Not someone I would overly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2011

Dr. Harper treated me for Cushings Syndrome. Was and is very knowledgable, understanding and professional. Excellent doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

He is an embarrassment to the profession Has no respect for patients and family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

Not sure if this is the Dr Harper from The General Hospital? My son & I see him every 3 months, going on 2 yrs.we go to the out patient clinic. We have only talked to him ONCE..we see a new dr every other time, so its very frustrating when we have to ask the same questions. They "seem " to know what they;re doing although we STILL have no answer for my sons medical problem. Also dr harpers secretary has the worst personality..she is very short tempered & sarcastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1228087].votes_count ]]