Rate Dr. Gary C. Bellman

Dr. Gary C. Bellman's Ratings

Can't get a live person on the phone. Left messages for two weeks trying to get a referral to another surgeon. Left messages requesting medical records and never got a call back so I went in person to pick up records. Staff didn't know how to print them out. He is in a new office. Very tacky, their "break room" is behind the receptionist. Doesn't give me much confidence looking at their snacks and microwave. No professionalism. Never going back to this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2359372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

My husband has been treating with Dr Bellman for over three years. He had kidney stones and while doing a CT scan for the stones, a small mass was detected. We were told that it was small, an incidental finding and to come back in 6 months for another scan. My husband had scans every six months and each time he was told there was no growth. WRONG! At the beginning of the year he returned again as directed and was told, well, yeah maybe the mass has been growing all along. Come back in 6 months for another scan. We requested records from the imaging center, and saw on each report how the mass was larger each time. If you go to this doctor, get a copy of your records because not only doesn't he communicate well he cuts and paste his notes and states he did exams he didn't do. and reading your records is the only way you will know what your condition truly is. After two other opinions, my husband's kidney cancer is finally being treated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2359371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

This is one of the worst doctor's offices I have ever been to. The staff was very rude and disorganized. I arrived early to fill out the paperwork, and gave the woman my Blue Shield card, and she looks at me and rudely says, the doctor is out of network. You have to pay cash. You mean you won't even bill Blue Shield for a portion of it? No. Why didn't you tell me you didn't accept my insurance when I gave you the information upon making the appointment? Oh, err, em... We can't tell what plan you have by the policy number. What? Why didn't' you ask me? Ask the patient? Yes. Well, err, em, I don't know why they didn't ask... Thanks for wasting my afternoon...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I accompanied a friend of mine to see Dr Bellman about a vasectomy. We were seen very quickly, the staff was very friendly, and the office was very nice. Dr Bellman also did a great job at making us feel informed about the procedure and comfortable. Had a great experience, and would recommend him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2012

I wasnt sure about anti aging until i got to talk to Dr. Bellman, he explained me how the procedure was going to look like; he also told me that this wasnt going to affect me later on showing me real facts im almost done with the treatment and im really glad I did it, i feel and look 10 years younger! everyone should be able to have this amazing feeling by the way this is not only for women

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2012

the worst urologist i have ever been to. he gave me verapamil for peyronese even though i don't have that disease. it burned my penis and ended up going to another doctor and spend like $1000. also he wanted me to get the priscription from the pharmacy downstair in the same building, i went somewhere else and found the same med for $75 less than what they were gonna charge me. every time i think of what he did makes me wanna shoot his ass.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

This doctor was recommended by my GP because my PSA had gradually risen to 12. His staff was somewhat unfriendly. I told him I had a history of prostrate infection which he brushed off with a casual "painful huh". He did a digital exam of my prostate and scheduled a biopsy before getting the lab results from the urinalysis which showed an infection. He prescribed a powerful antibiotic without any knowledge of other meds I am taking. I completed the 2 weeks of antibiotic, which lowered my PSA. I canceled the biopsy and he has never contacted me since. I felt like he would have done the biopsy for no good reason

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

Following a HIFU procedure in Toronto Canada, for prostate cancer, I experienced some problems and required continuous use of a catheter. Dr. Bellamn took my case without hesitation and using laser surgery promptly resolved the problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

Very knowledgeable and friendly. Constantly in touch during prostate removal procedure. I give him the highest rating possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2011

Other doctors where unable to do what Dr. Bellman would. After several unsuccessful procedures by other doctors, Dr. Bellman was able to remove a 1/2 inch kidney stone that was enpacted between the bladder and ureter. He performed this ureteroscopy and stent placement with such great results that I had no bleeding or discomfort after this. This was no easy task because I have a very enlarged prostate (I am 71 years old) He really took time to explain the procedure and to answer all my questions. I definetly recommend him to anyone suffering from kidney stones. Thank you so much, Dr. Bellman for having such wonderful skills.! Edgar

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][424285].votes_count ]]