Rate Dr. Jack Taunton

Dr. Jack Taunton's Ratings

Jack is a patient guy, but will not admit to not knowing what your problem is if he can't figure it out. His staff is terrible, the definition of laziness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

My son had an injury through rugby and had numerous dislocations of his left shoulder. We were advised to see Dr T and he diagnosed it right away. Sent us to another very patient knowledgeable dr.A year after 2 surgeries and months of PHYSIO my son is now "dislocation" free. Thank you Dr Taunton and his valuable team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

My experience: the staff say they will return your call and they do not, they say they will send app't confirmations but don't, and that they will send messages to Jack, and, you guessed it, they don't. Jack is worshipped throughout Vancouver as a sports medicine guru, but has for me merely acted as a hub for tests and doctors. He has provided little to no personal treatment nor has he assisted in solving any of my problems (which have multiplied tremendously under his "care"). If you're interested in seeing someone with an excellent reputation, see Jack and enjoy the staff's impatience with you. If you have a regular/average injury, I'm sure they've got just the ice-pack/tensor band/steroid shot for you. But anything complicated, I'd have to say Taunton and his office would be an ill-advised choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

He saw my son for a concussion. Was referred to him by GP. I was very impressed by his knowledge and experience in this area. Dr was able to arrange for an MRI for my son and all was clear. I highly recommend Dr. Taunton!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

Very knowledgable Dr. and very fast for a Dr. Very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

My daughter first saw Dr. Taunton about 19 years ago for a dislocated shoulder from a car accident. He kept right on top of her progress until her shoulder girdle was almost back to normal and pain free. For the past 4 years my daughter has been seeing him again for cervical damage from a whip lash. He is a very thorough, patient and kind doctor. He takes time to explain and demonstrate what the problem entails. Dr. T has a kind and gentle personality and shows concern for the injury. He refers when necessary to get other doctors opinions. He also immediately follows up with any concerns we may have. My daughter and I have a lot of faith in his experience and expertise. We think he is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

very helpful and sympathetic. I worried about being a little over the hill for help but he didn't make me feel that was an issue and took my injury very seriously. one would expect that yes. but my previous experience at the same clinic but with another doctor had made me feel a little bit superfluous. i took Dr Taunton's advice and am very optimistic that in spite of a serious injury I will be able to keep moving.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

I have had huge foot problems all my life. Was recommended to Dr. Taunton by my family doctor. He was unbelievably knowledgeable and I knew I was finally in the best of hands. He is an amazing man and he has helped me to be mostly pain free. I would recommend him to anyone and have absolute faith in him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Dispite being very busy is a most sincere consultant. Careful listener able to bring extensive knowledgeable quickly into play for accurate diagnosis and practical recommendations. Well connected with specialists and therepists to effect speedy and effective treatment. Very pleased with his approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2010

Unbelievable experience. Glad I finally met him. Understood my dilemma immediately. This after I went to lots of other doctors and specialists regarding a possible lisfranc fracture. Sent me to a shoe store and told me which shoes to buy, which again were perfect and I'm still using the same type of shoe one year later. I am so grateful for having him help me. He is very busy. Knows his stuff. Very thorough, supportive, and empathetic. I recommend him VERY HIGHLY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][427579].votes_count ]]