Rate Dr. Anthony Otto

Dr. Anthony Otto's Ratings

I only visited this doctor because my regular physician was away. His taff is terrible, disorganised, has trouble with English and with making arrangements. The doctor himself was 45' late for the appointment, yawned the entire time, showed zero interest in medical my history, conducted zero tests and finally said "just take over the counter medication" for something I had already explained over-the-counter medication had had no effect of four months!
He then admited that it woudl probably be a good idea to see a specialist, yet failed to make an appointment with one, even though I actually gave him the name and address of a specialist myself!
It all seems like a bad dream :-) My doctor's visit may as well never have happened, since it had absolutely zero effect on anything. He appears to have simply ignored the visit, as if it never happend.. it is downright bizararre - no prescription, diagnosis, referral ... noithing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

first doctor that has ever listened and taken true time to find a result

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2013

Dr. Otto is a no nonsense kind of guy who says it as he see's it. If your looking for political correctness you won't find it with him but if your looking for the best he can offer he delivers. He's not infallible but I feel confident in his services and would recommend him to any hard working guy who just wants an answer without holding hands. lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

We were looking for PADI dive clearance for my partner who had childhood asthma and after reading quite extensively what we would need to be looking for we looked for diving doctors in the Vancouver area.Dr. Otto's name on the BMS Worksafe Diving Physician's list for commercial divers so we decided to make an appointment as he was the closest to us.Firstly, he was 30 min late and when admitted, we found him to be quite arrogrant and unprofessional.He swore during the session (I told him what the GP had said to us about the issue and he told us that they no f** nothing) and spoke in absolutes without once asking to check my partner's chest.We mentioned that we had read about tests online and he responded with "there is nothing but crap on line." I didn't bother to tell him that I was reading academic articles from medical journals as he seemed incapable of hearing another's opinion. We decided to get a second opinion at VGH's hyperbaric unit and it was the opposite of Dr. Otto's.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

I became his patient after my doctor sold his practice to zdr.Otto.I was in hospital for 4.5 months after a very bad car accident.He came to checkon me in my third month.hs excuse was that he was busy.My doctor from a walkin clinic attended weekly.Dr.Otto nce told me i ned a fku shot due to my spinalcord problem.I dont have a spinal cord oroblem.He meant my brain injury.I was forced to wait 15 minutes past my scheduled time. so i left

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

I have been a long standing patient of Dr Otto, since he started practicing at his current location. I visited him last for my chronic severe depression. His focus was that I had not seen him for a year, and filled out my medical report to say my condition was to last 6 months, despite my having dealt with this all my life. ( Uhh.. Dr, I don't think it's going to get better in 6months.) He filled out my form incorrectly, his reasoning that I will go see him again in 6months, but that's not what the report was FOR. Essentially I was denied my short term disability benefits because he didn't fill it out truthfully. In that visit, he looked at me accusingly and said "do you even want to work?" to which I replied "yes, I just got out of college.. but.. I don't think I CAN.." . Upon asking him to fill out the forms, he even accused me of trying to take advantage of "the system". ME, taking advantage, when he is the one using the medical report to keep me seeing him again in 6months. Hmm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Otto for over 10 years. I went to him in the summer cause I was going through a lot of pain. I couldn't walk on my right foot and he wouldn't even look at it. He said it is just a cramp and it will go away. I went to see him 2 weeks ago he was on holidays so another doctor was covering him. I told the doctor what I was experiencing and that arthritis runs in my family so he sent me for blood tests and called me back within a week, he told me I had arthritis. I went to see Dr. Otto today and asked him for a refill on my prescription and he gave it to me. However I was telling him about how much pain I have been in and he said just deal with it. I told him that I can't even function properly due to the arthitis,I asked him to send me to a specialist in the summer and he wouldn't even think of it. Just said it will go away. He wouldn't even prescribe anything for the pain, said I would become addicted. I am trying to find a new dr now.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][432981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

I only saw him twice as I was transfered to him from another polish doctor. My previous Polish doctor retired...... I went in to talk to him regaridng a few issues I had with weight gain, dizziness and lack of energy. I had been trying to lose weight for 3 years and nothing seem to be working. So I wanted to know if their was something wrong with me. Needless to say he called me "fat" and said I needed to lose 80-90 lbs. I felt completly embarrased, Im not obesse my any means but I could lose the 30 pounds I had gained over the last few years. Which I already knew and have been trying to do - Thus the reason I was in for a visit ..... Needless to say I have not been back, their is a more professional way of handling patients ... FYI his solution eat less and work out 5 days a week - these were things I had already been doing, but he didnt seem to want to listen ... This was last year and I have since found another doctors who seems to listen and care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432975].votes_count ]]