Rate Dr. Sheina Macadam

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Ratings

To be in such capable hands is a true privilege. From the beginning to the end there is thoroughness, perfection, and not to forget kindness. Dr. MacAdam is very personable and makes one feel comfortable. Even on a Sunday morning when I was concerned of a possible infection, I sent her an e mail, she requested a picture and responded very quickly to put my worries to bed.
Thank you!! from me this doctor gets a 15 out of 10

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Macadam. She is extremely professional, kind, gentle and incredibly talented. Just recently I had a latissimus dorsi flap breast reconstruction surgery and she made me feel at ease going through the whole process. At the hospital after my surgery she came to visit me at the end of her work day and stayed for an extra hour and would not leave until she was successful in fixing a drain that was not working properly. Even the nurses at UBC hospital love her and speak highly of her. Her office staff Andrea and Leah are also incredibly helpful. Dr. Macadam also treated my husband and my son for removal of cysts and they also were very impressed with her work. A year ago she also removed a mole from my face and you cannot see where it was. Her skills are amazing. We have had many dealings with Dr. Macadam and every time I see her, it reconfirms how great and caring she really is. She is the best!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

I'm 61 years old - 7 days ago had a tummy tuck and breast lift. Dr. Macadam did a phenomenal job,a very neat extremely low incision line for tummy tuck and wonderful job for breast lift. When friends ask my husband how it went, he responds that "it went so well, she's thinking of having more kids" :) Andrea has been helpful and responds in a very timely manner to any questions I have. I do not have one complaint, only praise..the results have far exceeded my expectations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2013

At this stage I am only a few weeks post DIEP procedure, still wanting to take the time to express my sincere appreciation. I am in awe with the kindness, thoroughness, professionalism, punctuality and definitely thus far, the outcome. Dr. MacAdam goes beyond the call of duty in patient care pre and post surgery.Her communication and Andrea's are awesome. At one point I felt a bit anxious, this was put to rest very quickly with the reassurance that I was in very perfectionistic capable hands. Thank you!! Dr MacAdam to you and your entire team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

I had a DIEP flap procedure done 4 years ago with Dr. Macadam. When I initially met her I was a little nervous as she looked incredibly young, and it was a complicated procedure. She did an amazing job, she is a perfectionist and very honest. I have since had a couple of revisions with her, and know someone else that had the same surgery with her who was very happy with her work. Although the surgery and process of losing my breasts was difficult, I'm glad I had her to help me in this journey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

I had a terrific experience with Dr MacAdam! She was calm, confident and caring. I felt well taken care of during my double mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction. She was meticulous in her attention to detail and making sure I got the best result possible. I was 38 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer so having result that I can live with and be pleased with for a long time was important to me. I echo all the wonderful comments about Andrea as well. She is kind and caring and very friendly. Dr MacAdam and Andrea are a great team! Their passion for their work shines through!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

I am deeply grateful to be under the care of Dr. Macadam. She is kind, caring, super-talented and a gem of a surgeon. She is in the process of guiding me through a double mastectomy and reconstruction, and is patiently dealing with my fears, concerns and questions. I would also like to make mention of Andrea, the "one-in a million" receptionist/assistant who answers every call and greets every patient with warmth, understanding and a genuine smile. I cannot give enough compliments to this lovely team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2012

I had a double-mastectomy-reconstruction by diep flap done by Dr. Macadam 15 years after breast cancer. I found her to be the nicest doctor I have ever met - truly kind and compassionate. I'm a very anxious person and was a real baby in the hospital but she kept insisting I "did great." She is also a perfectionist and will not give up on you until your breasts look great. Her receptionist, Andrea, is spectacular. I just don't get what the previous reviewer said about her - it's ridiculous. Andrea is so kind, caring and respectful. She's genuine and genuinely friendly. She never communicated anything to me outside of what the Dr. told her to tell me. She also did my nipple tattooing and it looks great. I love them both and will miss them!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2011

I had a great experience working with Dr Macadam. Everything went very smoothly prior to surgery, everything was very clear and she was very helpful with all my questions. The results turned out really well after the surgery (I had abdominoplasty) and she has also been very helpful through the recovery process. I would highly recommend her to others based on my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][440442].votes_count ]]