Rate Dr. Darren Housel

Dr. Darren Housel's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I have to differ with previous comments. I know that if you suspect that a patient is a drug seeker, you know they check with the controlled substance database.......... This shows if a patient is receiving multiple controlled substances by many different doctors. This is a very good reason for a doctor to not give a patient any pain killers. If a patient wants to discredit Dr. Housel for this, so be it. I applaud him for trying to put a stop to a drug seeker and abuser. If this person were to look at it a different way, they would realize that Dr. Housel saved her life. I have seen and trust Dr. Housel with my life and the life of my unborn baby. He is awesome.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2478443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

He's the best dr in Ogden, just ask him. Charming at first but really a terrible communicator. Botched my sling surgery which I had to have fixed by another dr. Both he and his staff accused me of being a drug seeker when I complained of chronic back pain. He never even considered that there may be a legitimate reason. I found out later through an MRI that I have several protruding discs in my back causing my legitimate pain. If you want quality competent and compassionate care, go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2360998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

I had a terrible experience. He does not care anymore. He spent just a few minutes with me each visit. He shrugged off all my concerns. On one occasion I explained that I was concerned about the stress on my pregnancy due to my work demands. I explained that I worked long hours with mandatory overtime. I was working 60+ hours a week and was experiencing constant painful Braxton hicks contractions. His response was "'Im tired too. I work all the time". I had to then ask if the stress could affect my pregnancy or harm my baby. He just said "no stress won't hurt the baby". He simply doesn't care. On another occasion my water was leaking. He insisted it was bath water. It wasn't. I went into labor the following evening. He failed to mention that he was taking vacation time. The labor and delivery nurse informed me and said the on call MD was coming to deliver. Well thank God! Because I didn't want to see him not one more time! Especially not to deliver my Precious baby that he didn't care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

Dr. Housel is a careless, dangerous doctor. I know many women that would eagerly agree with me. He delivered my first 2 babies and the quality of care I received was terrible. I am very lucky that my 2nd son was born without complications due to low amniotic fluid that Housel never bothered to check during my pregnancy. He was very rushed and I tore horribly with both babies. I switched to a female midwife for my last baby and it was an entirely different experience! I didn't tear at all and she monitored my amniotic fluid throughout my entire pregnancy and ended up starting me early because of it. If you want a pleasant, safe birthing experience do not go to this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Housel is amazing. I seriously love this man. My husband and I couldn't be more impressed with him as a person and a dr. He not only saved my babies life with an emergency procedure but helped me make it all the way full term. Which was a miracle. I can't say enough about dr housel. I will never go to another ob/gyn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2012

Saved my life and my uterus! He is such a great Dr. Very personable and easy to talk to. When the tough got going he saved my life. My mother is a Nurse Practitioner and was my birth coach. She was totally impressed with him. (She usually is all about midwives because she had home births) but I just told her he has been by my side the entire pregnancy and once you are his patient and pregnant it is easy to get appointments. In nine months he only missed one appointment due to an emergency c-section with complications but I was able to see another Dr. (by that time my husband and I were very partial Dr. Housel and no one could replace him). He really is an incredible Dr. honest, kind, and patient. I highly recommend him. His nurse Sarah is also fantastic. She even came to visit us in the hospital after my baby was born.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2010

Dr. Housel is one of the best Dr's I have ever had. I would trust him with my life and have on atleast one occasion. I sadly had to move out of state and was so sad to leave him behind. If you ever need someone to help or accomodate you with your health this would be the Dr. to go to. Not only have I had surgery by him my mom and Aunt both have had procedures performed by him. Ignore the girls at the front desk He is amazing and is a shining light in a facility that seems stuck up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I totally disagree with the 4-29-09 comment. I have been going to Dr. Housel for over 4 years and I UNDERSTAND how an OB office works because OBVIOUSLY they see people who are pregnant and will eventually deliver. I could ONLY hope that my doctor would leave the office to come deliver ME! Everyone who sees an OB has to understand that they deliver babies each and every day. If you do not understand this then MAYBE you shoudn't get pregnant. Way to go Dr. Housel! I think you and your staff do an excellent job. It is very hard to estimate how long it would take to deliver a baby not knowing the circumstances.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Plan on waiting at least 1-2 hour per visit. Office staff will not let you know ahead of time if he is late. Office staff does not communicate if he will be leaving soon to deliver. I would definitely not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449325].votes_count ]]