Rate Dr. Stephen Crowley

Dr. Stephen Crowley's Ratings

I love Dr Crowley. I have been seeing him for 10+ years. He has done all my oral surgeries (which is about 6) I got into a horrible accident when i was a child, that has cost me years for work to fix my mouth. He is VERY knowledgeable, bedside manner is awesome. His staff, are a little judgmental. I was There yesterday for a consultation and the nurse judge me for not being on Birth Control at the age of 26 with a fiance. Maybe we're trying to have a baby, how is it any of her business! That's about the worst I can say. Dr Crowley knows his stuff. I have zero pain, he understands my allergies and meds I am currently taking and wants to make sure that I am okay. and i have zero scaring on my gums. I would recommend him to EVERYONE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

Do not, I repeat do not use this surgeon. I was sent to him to have a root canal fixed that was done from the bottom using surgery as they did not want to do it from the top due to the post. The first thing that went wrong was that they started preparing the wrong tooth for the operation. He then stumbled through the surgery taking a lot longer than what was relayed to me. I don't know if he was trying to fix mistakes or what. Ever since the surgery my jawbone makes clicking noise and pressure points on the right side when I am chewing on the left. Then after about five months the gums around the tooth became swollen and I found out there is an infection under the tooth. I now have to get the tooth removed and it is affecting an operation I am supposed to have on July 9th. I should have got up and walked out after the initial blunder and I would have been a lot healthier and happier now, not to mention a bit richer. BEWARE!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Crowley knows his stuff. My 4 hour long surgery went extremely well, no complications and he visited often to check on how I was doing. He may seem in a rush sometimes, but he never ever rushed when it came to important issues surrounding my surgery and was extremely professional when the 'big day' came. HOWEVER his staff (at the desk) are absolutely horrible. They are rude, unhelpful and seem annoyed that you are even in their office. While waiting for my appointment I often heard them swearing amongst each other and talking about patients.. Unprofessional! Dr. Crowley really needs to hire new staff that are friendly and helpful, it would make his office reflect his own practice, which right now it does not because of the bad attitude of the staff. Would hightly recommend doctor, just try to ignore the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2011

i found dr.crowley's staff very unfreindly, they are more concerned with getting your money than they are with providing service and i found dr.crowley arrogant.i asume the staff to be a reflection of the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

He ran late, very late, did not apologize for his lateness. He was ut when it came time to pay....his billing girl was a real jerk. Snarky manner and cranky attitude. Wish he'd get a new money taker!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2009

I had a very good experience with Dr Crowley and my oral surgery. I felt that he was very capable, well-educated and knew exactly what he was doing. Even more than this, however, I appreciated his kindness and excellent bedside manner during what was a very uncomfortable and stressful time for me. I suffered no complications and I found his ease with patients very reassuring - I would recommend him to anybody!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2009

About 20 years ago, I had a root canal and cap put on a very small tooth. I developed an abscess and was referred to Dr. Crowley to resolve the problem. By going through the gum, he was able to save both my tooth AND my $800 cap. The procedure was long and complicated due to the anatomy of the tooth's roots. He was able to do the procedure without general anesthesia (my strong preference). He was patient and thorough. I never felt like he was 'in a hurry' even though I am 99% sure that my appointment time went over by lots and lots. It was difficult to keep the area 'numb' and he had to work very hard to keep me comfortable (which he did). A master with 'the needle', I would strongly recommend Dr. Crowley.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Overall my experience was positive and Dr. Crowley and his assistant had excellent bedside manners. However, I was appalled by how I was treated by the admin staff. When I first arrived (10 minutes early), I was asked to come back an hour later with no explanation or apology for the delay and inconvenience. I had to reschedule other commitments. When I returned, I had to wait another 30 minutes, again with no explanation or apology. When I suggested that a courtesy phone call to let me know about the delay in advance would have been much appreciated, the receptionist ignored me. Moreover, while I waited in the waiting room, the admin staff proceeded to complain about another client who had misunderstood some instructions and was causing them some minor inconvenience. Their behaviour was very unprofessional, and really irked me given that I had been waiting 90 minutes for a routine procedure. I would recommend Dr. Crowley, but be prepared to wait for his excellent service!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][454134].votes_count ]]